( search forums )
Game Modes
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Psyl3ntShad0w
July 28, 2004, 4:24 pm
After talking with a friend and discussing Soldat, we felt that there should be additional game modes to vary gameplay to some extent, even though it really is just either killing and/or capturing...but yeah, after several years of playing soldat...you need some form of variety...

So I got to thinking...some of these have probably been suggested...(search was done for "game modes")...but yeah...

King of the Hill -ver 1
-In map maker a selectable area will be made. That area will be the "hill". You win by being the player that has spent the most time in the hill by the end of the game...or you're at the "hill" for the required amount of time to win the game...

King of the Hill -ver 2, think halo
-Rather than making a selectable area in map maker, soldat will randomly generate a circle with a scaleable radius to acomodate map size. This cirle will be the "hill". This circle will change location every 30 seconds or so. To win, refer to ver 1.

Team King of the Hill -think halo again
Same as vers 1 or 2 however, its team based, more people you have in the hill, faster the time goes up...

Race
I know this has been suggested as I saw the topic...but whatever...
Since those maps seem to be so popular, might as well make it an official mode. Anyone remember RTB? At any rate, it should show lap times. So everyone finishes and you can see by how much you beat everyone else. Should be self explainitory...

Zombie Attack
One player is the zombie killer, they may choose any weapon, they are given full armor and health when they spawn. Everyone else in the server is a Zombie, they have half health when they spawn, they are only allowed to use a knife or chainsaw. The goal of the mode is to kill the most as the zombie killer by the end of the timelimit or hit the kill limit as a zombie killer. The kills as a zombie do not count. To become the zombie killer, one of the zombies must kill the current zombie killer, and when he does they switch roles. Also options that can/should be found in this mode are the point match flag, rambo bow, and all the bonuses, all can only be picked up by the zombie killer.

Reverse Tag -think halo
Essentially from halo, if you kill someone you're "it". To win, you have to spend the most time as "it". The more people you kill in a row without dying...the faster your time increases. Once you die, you are no longer "it" and your time as "it" stops. I don't know I always liked this mode from halo.

Conquest think bf1942 and ET...has been refered to as capture the point in another thread...
I think it has been discussed so I'll be brief. Team game. Capture control points to win. Once captured you can spawn there. Probably a large map. I would assume win once you get all or all but one control point or which team has the most points before the time limit. Could be good for clan games.

Ehh yeah...

Random thought regarding topic - point match is stupid. no one ever plays it, I think it should just be turned into a bonus. Get 2 points for every kill you get with it. the bonus looks like a little box with a flag. You get 30 seconds with it. And when you have the bonus the flag is on your back.

Random off subject thought - has anyone compiled a complete list of "how to 'balance' barret" ideas? I don't want to read through mounds of crap regarding how the barret is "lame" and I don't think Michal would either...

Another note - should i turn this into a complete game mode thread? like add the other suggestions in here? such as marines n terrorists along with the 3-4 team ctf...i like the idea of 3-4 team ctf...but yeah...it has its downsides...

IBT
July 28, 2004, 5:12 pm
quote:Random off subject thought - has anyone compiled a complete list of "how to 'balance' barret" ideas? I don't want to read through mounds of crap regarding how the barret is "lame" and I don't think Michal would either...
i havent seen it... hmm, i think making it so you have to duck or prone to shoot, and cant move while reloading or while the firebar is active wwould defenatly balence it, the relading thing goes for m79 aswell, but thats my idea.
EDIT btw i like your idea. i never got a chance to play online halo (so what, im a pirate)

bucky_brad
July 28, 2004, 7:13 pm
i like them all except Reverse Tag, also i think it would be good to have a team zombie attack, like humans VS zombie bots.

IBT
July 29, 2004, 12:45 am
What about this
Hunted
1 player is givin unlimited preaditor, everything about this guy is entirely invisible, EXCEPT bullets, He is the hunter, 20% of the server are these creppy guys, everyone else, must hide and kill them when a Hunted guy dies, so does his killer, But when the guy who killed the hunter respawns He is a hunter
2 methods of scoring points, kill the hunter for 2pts, or kill as a hunter for a point