( search forums )
How about this?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Viper Sniper
July 28, 2004, 5:42 pm
ok, i know this sounds a lot like a max payne cliché... but i would really like to see how would soldat look with bullet time[:D]. i mean seriously, wouldnt it help dodging those nasty barreters? OR, it could just take all the fun away from the game and i would be blamed about it...[:-paperbag]

Kazuki
July 28, 2004, 6:09 pm
Viper, I know you're new, so I won't scream about it. [;)] Please check my signature. Use the Search function before posting a suggestion. You can also check the "All Suggestions" thread. It's a Sticky.

Anyway, about the idea, it's been suggested before, hence me ranting about the search function, and most of us didn't see exactly how it could be done efficiently, so nothing has come out of it yet.

kevith
July 28, 2004, 9:47 pm
I can't see any manner in which this could work in online play. I like the speed of Soldat how it is.

DeepII
July 28, 2004, 10:25 pm
You can change the Demo-Speed to 20%, so it looks like Bullet-Time.

But ingame: NO!

IBT
July 29, 2004, 12:39 am
internet games are forced to work on a strict timeling, you cant be further back in game time than somebody else, it is compleatly impossable for the cpu to detect that your going to turn tight and die ir turn left and live in exactly 7 seconds.
Thats is why POP, and both MaxP games do not have multiplayer.

kilroy1501
July 29, 2004, 2:26 am
itd enhance 1 player though, impossible online

Captain-Kiwi
July 29, 2004, 2:39 am
This is Soldat and no "Max Payne I R inside teh Matrix" attempt ... Should stay as it is without that bullet time stuff. Yet maybe enable the raw code or whatever needed for it so modders could use it for single player.

DeepII
July 29, 2004, 2:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by IBT
internet games are forced to work on a strict timeling, you cant be further back in game time than somebody else, it is compleatly impossable for the cpu to detect that your going to turn tight and die ir turn left and live in exactly 7 seconds.

But Matrix Online has Bullet-Time AND you can play it online!

IBT
July 29, 2004, 2:40 pm
then everyone must feel the bullet time if on multiplayer, think, how can the comps work is someone is 8 seconds further in time than person B, its impossable!

Kazuki
July 29, 2004, 4:20 pm
It could be done in the method or previous recording, as stated in this topic, but that would be more like a replay, and not slow-motion bullet-time. IBT is right, it's pretty much impossible in Soldat.

The Geologist
July 29, 2004, 7:07 pm
Seeing everyone/individual people use this bullet time or whatever it'd be called would give me more of a headache than enjoyment from playing the game. The tempo of Soldat is key...I dislike the barreters as much as the next guy, but Soldat is Soldat and Payne is Payne.

Hektik Sniper
July 29, 2004, 7:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeepII
quote:Originally posted by IBT

But Matrix Online has Bullet-Time AND you can play it online!

Matrix Online has bullet time, because it has turn based combat.

Yin_Starrunner
July 30, 2004, 12:52 am
yes i wonder if any of the ppl suggesting this have ever any played a multiplayer game before.

DT
July 30, 2004, 3:40 am
no i won't say anymore except that and that and that and that and that and that and that and that and that and that and that and that

AerialAssault
July 30, 2004, 10:27 am
it could be a powerup, to everyone else the person with it moves uberfast, like a speedhack, but to the person who has the powerup, he moves normally, and everyone else appears slowed down. although it may cause lag

that fuking sniper
July 30, 2004, 10:53 am
You cant make bullet-time work in multiplayer. Because Multiplayer is real time. Bullet-time offsets time. So If you want to translate it to multiplayer, you would see the screen slower because in fact you are moving faster then the actual bullets. That means the people in the server are going to see you warping like crazy. Now the thing to consider here is that all this takes equal time. You cant be slowing all the game into 20% speed just because one player wants to try bullet speed.

DeMonIc
July 30, 2004, 4:23 pm
I wish to share my thoughts about this, again.
It could be a powerup, that slowes down everything around u (not in a big distance though) so u could dodge anything, and ppl would slow down aswell when close to u.( u move at normal speed ofcoz)
Vut it's not neccessary.

AerialAssault
August 1, 2004, 5:42 am
i liked my idea

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 1, 2004, 6:34 am
I suggest this:

A server admin command that slows down time for EVERYONE in the game, something along the lines of /timescale .1 (.1 being 1/10th or the normal speed) all the way up to /timescale 2 (Which is double the normal speed), A server message will pop up, stating the change in time. This way, it would allow duels and such things to be held. Of course, without Admin, the game would be in normal speed, and if the Admin would leave the game, it would return back to normal speed, to prevent the server being slow as hell. (This could, of course, be overridden by the host's options.)

TigerDragon
August 1, 2004, 6:56 am
i like soldat the way it is

Element_101
August 1, 2004, 8:48 am
As kaz said its been suggested many times and probably wont ever be included mainly for the fact that it would take a lot of coding.