( search forums )
Improve your Accuracy
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Deleted User
July 29, 2004, 12:59 am
Hey everyone. I'm a bit new, but I just wanted to post this here for you all. I use a program called PS2Rate (created by http://www.udpsoft.com/ and that's where I got it from), which adjusts the frequency of your PS/2 mice. What this results in, is a smoother, more -accurate- mouse movement. Now, you probably already know that this is a good thing, and if you don't want to do a google search for it, I've hosted it on my site, www.freewebs.com/lapissoldat/index.htm . By the way, I did -NOT- create this app, I'm just hosting it for you all. give it a try, and especially compare the Windows default to 200mhz.

Hitman
July 29, 2004, 1:16 am
Moved to the Lounge.

..wtf is a PS2 mouse?

Deleted User
July 29, 2004, 1:29 am
You know, the standardized port used for mouse or user-input devices? It has a round plug, with, seven? pins in it. Edit: It looks similar to a keyboard port. PS/2, is the correct term.

Hitman
July 29, 2004, 1:42 am
Oh right. Well, I use a USB port for my mouse..

Deleted User
July 29, 2004, 1:46 am
Ahh. Well, if you've got a USB to PS/2 convertor, then it will still work. I'm not sure if it works at all with USB mice. Check http://www.udpsoft.com/ and see if they have any info.

Hitman
July 29, 2004, 1:57 am
Hmm, it says it's for Windows 95 and 98, I've got XP. That's about all the info it has (which was actually written in the link for the download)..

Deleted User
July 29, 2004, 2:06 am
I havn't tested it on XP, and its changes are immediately undone upon rebooting, so there shouldn't be any harm in trying it,.. though if you don't have a PS/2 mouse, then I guess it wouldn't really make much sense, eh?

By the by, thanks for moving the topic. I should've found a more suitable location for it, X_<

Deleted User
July 29, 2004, 6:31 am
By the by, I know a few maps are in need of hosting, particularily, inf_Stalingrad. If anyone has the map and scenery, feel free to send them to me at Soldatlapis@hotmail.com . I'll put it up on the site, with all due credit, of course.

Captain RibMan
July 29, 2004, 8:57 am
get a room you two

Unlucky 13
July 29, 2004, 9:05 am
lol. PS/2 mice are more accurate, same as non-USB keyboards

systemfeind
July 29, 2004, 9:14 am
windows xp doesnt need the ps2rate tool anymore because you can choose the rate in your hardware (mouse) settings. thats the same what ps2rate does.

and usb mice dont need that tool because they are @ 200 by default. so its only useful for ps2-mice-win-98/95 user and i hope that there arent much left ^^

Unlucky 13
July 29, 2004, 9:25 am
Me? im a ME user, so :p, and ME is like a little better than 98. it got a chock load of bugs to start whit thou!

systemfeind
July 29, 2004, 11:34 am
ok i forgot in win me with a ps2 mouse u can use this tool too :>

wert21
July 29, 2004, 12:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by Unlucky 13
Me? im a ME user, so :p, and ME is like a little better than 98. it got a chock load of bugs to start whit thou!

Absolutely not. ME is the worst edition and 98 second edition is the best windows ever.
btw, why ps2 mice are more accurate than a usb mouse? i've got it both, but i use the usb one.

SuperKill
July 29, 2004, 1:36 pm
usb is good :|

Chakra
July 29, 2004, 2:35 pm
ps2 is more accurate....?

b00stA
July 29, 2004, 2:40 pm
USB has a higher transfer rate, but I dunno about the latency.

sanity
July 29, 2004, 2:50 pm
mouse refresh rates

ps2 mouse = 200hz
usb mouse = 125hz
cordless mouse = 50hz

N1nj@
July 29, 2004, 3:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by wert21
quote:Originally posted by Unlucky 13

Absolutely not. ME is the worst edition and 98 second edition is the best windows ever.
btw, why ps2 mice are more accurate than a usb mouse? i've got it both, but i use the usb one.
Yes ME certainly sux, I have it. But I heard that window 2000 profession or server edition is the best...

Subslider
July 29, 2004, 4:24 pm
well i have ME installed on me "older" computer and i reinstal it from time to time.. just to keep it a bit fast but i have to say i like ME more then 98.. just has that lil extra..

palloco
July 29, 2004, 6:41 pm
what about serial mice and ps keyboards

Darksider
July 29, 2004, 6:51 pm
Windoze ME is so buggy and wrong, even Microsoft stopped to sell it.

I was a victim of Windoze ME...[:-weepn]

I will try that prog on MY comp. (I only can surf on my dad's 233mmx, 128mb RAM, 16 mb TNT Lol)

bucky_brad
July 29, 2004, 10:26 pm
if you want a good mouse go get a logitech mx510, they are [:-censored]ing good (smooth,fast,accurate,comfotable). although if you got clumsy fingers you might wanna stay away from it as there a couple of buttons on the side of the mouse that I tend to accendentaly hit a fair bit =P