( search forums )
Realistic Death
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
kilroy1501
July 29, 2004, 2:44 am
How bout a death animation made in like poa form?
The player would only do it when he was on flat ground, otherwise he'd have the normal death of tumballing to the ground
and when the death animation is over, the player tumbles to the ground like in a normal death

I'm thinkin 3 places to have a diff animation
*head
*stomache
*foot

I'm suggesting this becuse i think itd be cooler and more realistic,
when i first player soldat i thought it was wierd how the player just tumbled to the ground in all these peices barley held to gether
I dont think that would really happen when you shoot someone in the foot...

comments?

DeMonIc
July 29, 2004, 10:23 am
Ragdoll rulez.
This would look stupid sokme places.
So I vote: NO.

Element_101
July 29, 2004, 10:31 am
Idea = [:-censored]

b00stA
July 29, 2004, 12:36 pm
Idea = nice
Imagine the animation for headshots.. the head flies off and the rest of the body drops on its knees and then the usual rag doll physics start again.
The soldiers could simply fall backwards or something like that.. would be great if done right.

Aquarius
July 29, 2004, 12:42 pm
I prefer ragdoll

DeepII
July 29, 2004, 2:40 pm
Ragdoll's the best, coz it's the most realistic thing for death animations. In old games without Ragdoll the head of death players was sometimes in the walls. Do you think that's more realistic?!

b00stA
July 29, 2004, 2:43 pm
Nobody's talking about removing the ragdoll physics.

kilroy1501
July 29, 2004, 5:45 pm
after the animation ends, ragdoll starts again

and ragdoll is not realistic, people do not collapse like that when u shoot them in the stomache

Aquarius
July 29, 2004, 5:51 pm
Who cares about realism? Ragdoll is funny.

Darksider
July 29, 2004, 6:37 pm
I think that this topic is leading to a "like-not-like-than-sh**-each-other-in-the-face" thread (again).

Soldat is Soldat because it's not ultra-realistic and still fun. Leave Soldat's death "engine" alone. If Michal wants to upgarde it, then let him do it. If not, don't bother him.

The Geologist
July 29, 2004, 7:03 pm
Ouchies...but amen to that. Leave things as they are, and let my dead body ragdoll in the most unrealistic yet entertaining manner possible. [:D]

Viper Sniper
July 29, 2004, 8:24 pm
Ragdoll really is the best death animation thing around these days...

Yin_Starrunner
July 30, 2004, 12:46 am
Ragdoll is the shiz-nit!

I would not prefer this simply becuz it is so funto kill someone and keep pumping lead into their corpse and watching the body parts fly.

kilroy1501
July 30, 2004, 2:04 am
wow

way to gang up on me!

it was a just a suggestion, aparently that sucked

I'm just saying this because when i first played soldat it realy stuck out, along with how much gravity effects bullets(not going to get into that)