( search forums )
Lack of West Coast servers
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
liquidis x snake
July 29, 2004, 6:36 am
Being from Los Angeles, CA, there aren't much servers to choose from that offer decent pings of 90 or less.

Anyway, I was wondering if there are any good (possibly dedicated) West Coast Soldat servers, and if passworded, whats the pw?

Honestly, I've been snooping around and the only good server I can find is 1911hosting and which plays Arena like 24/7 and it gets boring. Another good server is UraniamGamers, but there are no good CTF servers at all.

n00bface
July 29, 2004, 6:50 am
mine. blans.

liquidis x snake
July 29, 2004, 6:56 am
Blans is pw'd. Dunno it.

kevith
July 29, 2004, 6:59 am
Look for Blan's topic about his server in the lounge. He gives the password...

Look for Llama's topic about his server in the lounge. He gives the password...

edit: I'm such a nice guy I went and got the links for you:
Blan's
Llama's

Did you happen to notice how much alike the information about the 2 servers was? Just curious...

n00bface
July 29, 2004, 9:19 am
i'm obsessed with blans. that's why. don't ask questions. don't comment.

Element_101
July 29, 2004, 10:34 am
come to Australia then you bitch about the lack of servers

Aquarius
July 29, 2004, 11:39 am
Australia is far, far away [:P]

Kazuki
July 29, 2004, 1:05 pm
... That's his point.

IBT
July 29, 2004, 2:46 pm
what abou... oh wait, im east coast, hehe, i have the same prob tho.

?
July 29, 2004, 4:16 pm
If you get any american server you lag is not gonna be that bad if the server has a good connection, and 90 is not terrible man

blan
July 29, 2004, 6:22 pm
There arent any ctf west coast server's that I know off.
And the reason why llama's and mine ctf servers are alike is because they are twins!!

TigerDragon
July 29, 2004, 11:09 pm
90 is great mines at least 250

Spectral
July 30, 2004, 12:37 am
there was perfect circle's servers which were all quite good, and on the west coast i believe..they were called AeRo CTF or something. i dont know why he took em down tho, its a shame.

and yey for blan and n00bface's servers, even tho they're in florida, they still are good enough i assume for west coasters

n00bface
July 30, 2004, 2:10 am
Spectral, 13PCs servers were in Tampa, Florida too.. lol..all the U.S. servers are in florida.

N1nj@
July 30, 2004, 2:42 am
n00bface's servers are really good. Always get low ping there. Blan is sometimes laggy for some reason =/

Drama
July 30, 2004, 5:45 pm
Rent a root, dont whine

Psyl3ntShad0w
July 30, 2004, 8:18 pm
Ehh my server is up occasionally...and randomly gets shut down...meh...there used to be a password...

I don't have the IP because I'm at work right now...but uhh...yeah...I usually run a west coast CTF server for 4v4. Located in Seattle, WA.

Named - soldatdraft.tk Server

I'll password it if it's requested, but people usually get decent pings if I'm not doing anything with the bandwidth.

It hasn't really been up lately because I've been busy. However, server is usually up around 5PM PST until probably 8AM PST the following day.

Minor Note - ctf_death was removed from my rotation. My server has the TNL settings if anyone cares.

Spectral
July 31, 2004, 5:58 am
oh ya, very good server that is. i hav admin on it so i could password it too if psy allows it

Sekushi
July 31, 2004, 6:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by Spectral
there was perfect circle's servers which were all quite good, and on the west coast i believe..they were called AeRo CTF or something. i dont know why he took em down tho, its a shame.

I'm pretty sure he stopped playing Soldat. :/