( search forums )
new lag experiences
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
systemfeind
July 29, 2004, 11:21 am
last times i played soldat it happens very often too me that i dont get a notification about i had killed someone (although i did). no text like "you killed..." and no entry in the death console.

i played with a ping between 16-166 (not that bad). can it be a server problem? because i never had noticed something like this before neither on the same server nor on other servers under same conditions.

CbbLe
July 29, 2004, 11:43 am
mm, I also dont get notifications everytime...I guess it's the same reason as for everything: lag

systemfeind
July 29, 2004, 1:08 pm
hmm strange because i never got it on the selfkill servers ever before oO

Captain-Kiwi
July 29, 2004, 1:24 pm
I've noticed same on certain servers at times. Quite decent ping (50-150) but when I kill/get killed, I don't ever see the death console popping up, instead players just drop dead like flies lol

Maybe a server issue or something, as the ping values are generally decent enough.

wert21
July 29, 2004, 2:57 pm
Yes, i think is a server problem, people die without bleeding, have you ever noticed it?

FliesLikeABrick
July 29, 2004, 4:05 pm
My guess is that it is a server issue, but lag can do weird things.
see my post here if you want to know new factors that could be causing lag you didn't have before: http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=14560
-Brick

Mr.Blobby
July 29, 2004, 8:04 pm
i've also had the same problem

systemfeind
July 30, 2004, 9:40 am
maybe its because i was hardwired to my bro's machine via lan and internet connection sharing and now we use wlan with a access point and also internet connection sharing (no dsl router). the access point shows me massively packet losses. maybe anyone can help me with that? i use d-link+ stuff.