( search forums )
Error initializing 3D hardware ( was: Please HELP)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Deleted User
July 29, 2004, 1:23 pm
When I try I open Soldat I get an messege: Error initializing 3D hardware. Your hardware does not support Direct X 8. Be sure to install the latest video drivers. Now software will be used...

What can be wrong? I saw another topic with this subject and he said he changed something in "graphic excelerator settings" what's graphic excelerator settings and where is it[?] Thanks...[:(]

Melba
July 29, 2004, 1:44 pm
if you haven't it done already, you should try installing Direct X8 ;)

Deleted User
July 29, 2004, 1:54 pm
alrdy did... Have DirectX 9

Hitman
July 29, 2004, 2:14 pm
quote:From this topic:
It's a hardware compatibility error:

- Make sure you have the latest DirectX drivers
- Try to run the game in window-mode
- Change the Windows desktop colors from 32-bit to 16-bit
- Try to change some Soldat Config settings (turn off Antialiasing, check 16-bit)
- Install the latest or different video drivers
- Try changing the windows desktop resolution and bit-rate
- Try turning down or up the graphics hardware acceleration (My Computer/Properties/Performance/Graphics)
- Try updating your motherboard drivers
- Check also this this topic on the forum - 3d initialization problem
- If you have Windows NT/2000 install the latest service packDid you read everything? Also, have you tried everything written there?

Deleted User
July 30, 2004, 1:13 pm
Yes I did... the other guy tryed all that stuffs to... then he changed something in "graphic excelerator settings" and it worked.. I just need to know what graphic excelerator settings is and where on my computer it is...

BManx2000
July 30, 2004, 3:22 pm
Try the part in bold :/

systemfeind
July 30, 2004, 3:34 pm
try changing the soldat bitrate in the config.exe from 32 to 16

grand_diablo
July 30, 2004, 5:05 pm
If systemfeinds hint doenst work, you might try to reinstall the newest graphics card drivers (Version 61.something of NVidias ForceWare has been released recently.) and then reinstall Soldat.

b00stA
July 30, 2004, 5:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by grand_diablo
If systemfeinds hint doenst work, you might try to reinstall the newest graphics card drivers (Version 61.something of NVidias ForceWare has been released recently.) and then reinstall Soldat.

I installed 61.77_win2kxp_english.exe and now Soldat's graphics mess up when I try to play with anti-aliasing.
So if you see any graphic glitches, disable anti-aliasing.

Deleted User
July 30, 2004, 10:11 pm
OK thanks.. BUT I just wanna know where graphic excelerator settings is and and what it is..!!!!
The computer is a IBM pentium 2 with xp professional and the Video Adapters is Matrox Graphics Millenium II PCI.

(Double Post joined - Hitman)

Hitman
July 30, 2004, 11:28 pm
quote:OK thanks.. BUT I just wanna know where graphic excelerator settings is and and what it is..!!!!My Computer/Properties/Performance/Graphics!!

palloco
July 31, 2004, 9:31 am
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=633
Moderators should know which cards are really outdated instead of repeating themselves as if they were not heard

Sned, forget it, you cant play soldat with that card

Deleted User
August 1, 2004, 3:22 pm
But why do u need so good video card for soldat... its not even 3d and its almost like a flash movie any ways I can play other games on that computer so something else most be wrong.

DeepII
August 2, 2004, 2:42 pm
yes: "If you are using any of these card you 'may' be able to play Soldat by selecting the 'Force Software' option available when you click on 'Advanced' in the 'Soldat config' application."

Soldat needs good video cards?! you can actually play Soldat with a GeForce2...you can buy one for 20? or something...

palloco
August 2, 2004, 8:29 pm
It is not the fact that graphics are good or not. Michal created this game with directx 8.1 implementations and therefore you need a graphic card able to handle this instructions. Certainly a game of these characteristics should not really need them but I bet that if they were used it is because it simplified something in the coding of the game. At the same way if you create a simple game with GameMaker you will need a powerful computer to run it, but if you made in C it would need just a 386

DeepII
August 2, 2004, 10:58 pm
Maybe Michal should add some DirectX 9 effects for my video card XD

NightCabbage
August 3, 2004, 1:36 am
goooood palloco :)

question: why did it take that many posts before someone actually asked him what video card he had? ;)

DeepII - hah...hahahah.......ha.... yea :P
but then knowing Michal, we may well do just that... if he even remember Soldat that is ;)

Deleted User
August 3, 2004, 2:05 am
I hope when the next verison will be realsed he will remove the DirectX thing....
And btw have Michael done any other games?
and michael must have a own pwnage copy of soldat with more weapons, play styles ect,etc would be fun if he realesed his own copy

systemfeind
August 3, 2004, 10:34 am
im sure he dont has a pwnage edition because who needs a pwnage edition if u cant play online with others?

DeepII
August 3, 2004, 12:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by Sned
I hope when the next verison will be realsed he will remove the DirectX thing[...]

erm...why should michal do this?! just for you?! i don't think so...you're the only one with problems.

b00stA
August 3, 2004, 1:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by Sned
I hope when the next verison will be realsed he will remove the DirectX thing....

Definately not going to happen.
What should Michal use instead? Afaik the sounds are managed by DirectSound, the keypresses by DirectInput and of course the DirectX graphics functions.
Replace all that with another tool set? Code his own?

kuo87
August 3, 2004, 3:04 pm
Hey, i'm fairly new here and erm... this is a really stupid question to ask now but i just installed soldat and all that junk has came up. Now, i fixed it and soldat works... till the point where i press "Start" then it goes blank. I've seen this in the Faq but it doesn't seem to help at all. Any suggestions?

Captain_Jimbo
August 4, 2004, 6:44 am

AGhhh, what the hell >< I just got hit by this stupid bug >< A handful of you know I've been playing Soldat for a long time, and I've neve rhad video problems. This all happened when I installed that damn DirectX9. I'm not computer illiterate and I've updated/installed every update I can think up.

Ugh, this leaves a bad, bad feeling with me. I'm running a GForce3 with updated video drivers; there's no reason this shouldn't work. I'm.........at a loss -_-

NightCabbage
August 5, 2004, 7:26 am
kuo - what video card do you have?

jimbo - So ur running DX9.0b, with the latest drivers?

Odd... A whole lotta players are running the same basic config so it's gonna be something specific to ur system.
Check all of your options in Soldat Config first.
make sure that 'Force Software" is OFF (Michal REALLY needs to remove that option!!)
And check ur settings in Display Properties, etc.

DeepII
August 6, 2004, 7:41 pm
Use Window-mode and it will work. I know it coz I had exactly the same problem...I think it's some kind of Forceware Driver Problem. maybe you have to install an old Detonator Driver. I couldn't try that out coz I have to install the Forceware driver (GeForce FX 5950 Ultra)

williz
August 8, 2004, 3:03 pm
Wtf the same has happened to me and it was working perfectly yesterday it just gives the 3d sofware message and I havent changed anything at all could someone help?

NightCabbage
August 10, 2004, 12:33 am
bloody nvidia :P

williz - what card do you have?

jimbo + williz - try running window mode (as D2 said) and see if it works...

ANyone else out there with a nvidia card with up-to-date drivers? (most people? :P)