( search forums )
Memory could not be 'read'...
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Hitman
July 30, 2004, 2:03 pm
Alright, I need some help from you people..

Lately I've been getting an error when I close programs, games, MSN, Opera, etc... It looks like this:

[file]Error.JPG,6005,,0[/file]

Here are my specs:quote:Model: Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 - M CPU 2.20GHz
Speed: 2.19GHz
Performance Rating: PR2413 (estimated)
Type: Mobile
L2 On-board Cache: 512kB ECC Synchronous ATC (8-way sectored, 64 byte line size)
Total Memory: 511MB DDR-SDRAM
Memory Bus Speed: 2x 133MHz (266MHz data rate)
Adapter: MOBILITY RADEON 9000
Operating System(s): Windows System : Microsoft Windows XP/2002 Home (Win32 x86/IA32) 5.01.2600 (Service Pack 1)Anybody know what the problem is?...

b00stA
July 30, 2004, 2:16 pm
virus?
or maybe bad RAM (in that case your computer would simply bluescreen I guess)
you can check your RAM with this tool: http://hcidesign.com/memtest/ just let it run over night to be sure.

Hitman
July 30, 2004, 2:20 pm
Oh, yeah, I get the blue screen. I get it when playing Call of Duty. It just suddenly comes up. Something about a memory dump, don't know what the hell it's on about.

Will that tool also fix my Ram?

Hektik Sniper
July 30, 2004, 2:22 pm
if your rams [:-censored]ed, you will probably need to get it replaced.

Kazuki
July 30, 2004, 3:07 pm
I get the same thing sometimes. I haven't recently, since I used a HouseCall product to rid my computer of tons of infected files, 2 of which were trojans, that Norton couldn't detect.

Didn't they 'fix' your laptop or something? Hm... Call it a wild shot, but maybe they messed something up.

FliesLikeABrick
July 30, 2004, 4:25 pm
I had the same problem. It was definately because of one of my RAM modules. Odds are that your RAM modules are all the same size, so buy one more of the same speed and size, and change them out one at a time (for a week at a time or whatever) until it goes away. Then take the RAM module you think is bad and put it somewhere, do not throw it out, just in case you were wrong about which one it was. If you go a month or so problem-free, then you can do wahtever you please with the module.
-Brick

Hitman
July 30, 2004, 4:57 pm
Bleh, I'll just call Dell, get them to fix it. They did fix my Laptop after I spilt milkshake on it...for free ;)

Engineer: "What's all this sticky stuff? Seems like something has melted"
Me: "Hmmm, that's strange"
Engineer: "Computer must have overheated, and something melted"
Me: "Yes, yes, that must be it, it does get quite hot some times"

:P

Kazuki
July 30, 2004, 5:00 pm
ROFL! Yes... I love it how they admit that computers can melt so easily. XD