( search forums )
Problem with Soldat Mp3 Player
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
ComradeMummer
July 30, 2004, 5:47 pm
Okay, here's the problem. When I play Soldat, I listen to Mp3s, it was one of the main reasons that I registered. Now, some of the Mp3s that I've placed in the Mp3 folder work, but the vast majority don't. When I start up a game, it skips over those that don't work and goes strait to one of the few that it will play.

I've taken out the ones that do work, to see what happens, and when I start a game it just loops through the names of all the tracks, without playing any of them. Not only that, but when it skips over the tracks it doesn't want to play, it causes a great deal of lag. When I exit out of the game, when I do this test, one of the Mp3s will start playing, AFTER I go back to the menu. When its done, no others play.

I have also taken all Mp3s out except for one, one of those that won't play. Same thing, it still will not play, and it just keeps repeating "Now Playing Track X" etc.

I have made sure that all of the files are Mp3s, I am positive of that, yet for some reason it will only play a handful of the tracks.

I know it isn't because it is a strain on my system, because of that test I did with only one track, which wouldn't play.

So, the files are all Mp3s, they are in the Mp3 folder, I will have them selected to play in the game via the "Options" menu, and I know my system can handle playing the music, yet most of them WON'T PLAY.

Does anybody know what is causing the problem or why it is happening, and if there is anything I can do about it?

Deleted User
July 30, 2004, 6:38 pm
Right click one of the files that don't work, and go to properties. Select advanced. Is there any data in those fields?

ComradeMummer
July 30, 2004, 7:50 pm
Yes, there is, is that good or bad? [?]

qtR`
July 30, 2004, 11:57 pm
I got the same problem, here is the link to the mp3
http://www.eclegacy.com/downloads/songs/Unreal2k4mp3.mp3

edak
August 1, 2004, 4:38 am
I have had the same problem (cycling), once it actually began playing ALL of the selected MP3's at once! The volume for this does not work either, that is a bummer. I really wish this worked correcgtly as I registered much for this reason. I can get it to play one mp3 but is to oloud and the track continues all the time... Please send me personal message if someone figures it out.

DeepII
August 2, 2004, 2:34 pm
try burning it as *.cda (with nero 5 or 6 it works really good. you can download a demo-version on [URL])

I couldn't try it out, coz all of my mp3's are working.

b00stA
August 2, 2004, 3:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeepII
try burning it as *.cda (with nero 5 or 6 it works really good. you can download a demo-version on [URL])

I couldn't try it out, coz all of my mp3's are working.

That's just a waste of blank CDs ;)
Download "EasyLame" (a package of the "LAME" MP3 codec and a GUI frontend) and simply re-encode your MP3s. It's completely free:
http://www.mpex.net/software/download/easylame.html