( search forums )
Is it a cheat?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
y0da
July 30, 2004, 8:36 pm
I was playing at some CTF server, it was unfair, couse it was 3vsme, but lets get to the point - A guy named [:-censored] entered. When some1 killed him he respawnd. It's normal, okay, but... He respawnd, i've moved to the bridge and... he was on it! In about 2 secs from the respawn point in the bravo base on the CTF_Voland. I've tryed to make a demo, but he disconnected... Was that a cheat?

([:-censored] - Hitman)

Melba
July 30, 2004, 8:55 pm
it's happened to me too, last time was quite recently.
it was on laos and i respawned in the middle of the tunnel leading to the open middle, closest to red base. and i was blue! :D
my point is, i don't cheat so no :)

kevith
July 30, 2004, 9:01 pm
If there is really bad lag this can occur quite often.

morpheus
July 30, 2004, 9:11 pm
that guy must be on 28.8 because he lags horribly on every server i've ever seen him on.

y0da
July 30, 2004, 9:15 pm
ummm... it wasn't lag...

sativa
July 30, 2004, 11:03 pm
well ok i know what ya mean, tehre is htis soldat hack, peeps can move like hell, its like the like spawn, but not like a real spawn but just flash from one place to another, i think its the same hack as when these peeps just walk in the air without using jets and they can stay in air and stuff, i thought this was one combined hack that makes u move faster, lets you walk the air and go through walls+ giving you extra health, i hate cheaters

N1nj@
July 31, 2004, 2:11 am
thought you can't name cheater...

Artex
July 31, 2004, 2:19 am
Modem?.. [:D]

palloco
July 31, 2004, 9:21 am
CĀ“mon that is not a hack. Once a week it happens to me, I respawn in the place I died becuz of packet losses

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 31, 2004, 9:29 am
Happens to me sometimes as well. oh well, just lag =p

y0da
July 31, 2004, 10:04 am
no it couldn't be lag... he died, he respawnd in the base, he was standing a while in the base, i moved to the bridge and he was there. My lag dot was green.

edit: why you censored his name Hitman?

palloco
July 31, 2004, 10:26 am
why not? The server sent the packets to everyone that he respawned in base so obviously you saw him there, but he did not received them, therefore his client thought that he respawned in the place he died and when he started sending movement coordinates the server accepted them no matter those coordinates were far away.

y0da
July 31, 2004, 12:50 pm
i still think that it was a cheat...

Deleted User
July 31, 2004, 12:57 pm
y0da read the rules before posting about cheats/cheaters.

Droopy
July 31, 2004, 2:17 pm
BAH! I run prety fast in Soldat... OThis is a true story... We were playing ctf_viet once and this guy says... I'm gona go look for the speed hacker. And I say: "Whos a hacker?" and ppl start kick him kban him and stuff... And after 5 minutes I get banned for hacking? WTF? I dont even know how to use DOS! I just played and scored many times! Ask werp! He knows I run fast! Goddamn n00b's! Dont know how to run...

Now back to teh topic...

b00stA
July 31, 2004, 3:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by Droopy
And after 5 minutes I get banned for hacking? WTF? I dont even know how to use DOS!

classic.

kevith
July 31, 2004, 3:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by y0da
no it couldn't be lag... he died, he respawnd in the base, he was standing a while in the base, i moved to the bridge and he was there. My lag dot was green.
It's not necessarily your lag/ping. The issue is his lag. If he were lagging a lot this could happen quite easily.

Deleted User
July 31, 2004, 4:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stA
And after 5 minutes I get banned for hacking? WTF? I dont even know how to use DOS!

classic.

Lmao.

Melba
July 31, 2004, 4:59 pm
i changed my mind, i saw it today, and the guy was definately speedhacking

Sekushi
July 31, 2004, 6:09 pm

ROFL

That reminds me of RDull's value thread from years past...

Weed
August 1, 2004, 9:11 am
thats a keeper
*me saves Droopy's "im a complete noob" declaration, so he can laugh about it for many many moons

Hitman
August 1, 2004, 1:07 pm
Alright, I think we've established that he was speed-hacking :)

Locked.