( search forums )
soldat version 1.2b
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
AerialAssault
July 31, 2004, 2:53 am
does anyone have this version of soldat for download? its the one where the weapons were balanced.

Captain RibMan
July 31, 2004, 2:56 am
whats the point there won't be anyone to play

AerialAssault
July 31, 2004, 3:02 am
do i seem concerened about that?

N1nj@
July 31, 2004, 3:26 am
You should ask b00stA for it. I remember seeing him saying he keeps all soldat installer in his hard drive, all the betas included.

Cookie.
July 31, 2004, 3:30 am
1.2b that was a good version :) get me a copy too lol and u can run a 1.2b server :O

BManx2000
July 31, 2004, 4:12 am
I seem to remember styx saying something to the effect that distributing betas is illegal, even if they are outdated.

AerialAssault
July 31, 2004, 4:45 am
that doesnt make sense, an outdated beta is no difference than an outdated version

Kazuki
July 31, 2004, 6:03 am
There is. Betas were never released by the creator. Therefore, betas are illegal when leaked, even if outdated. It's like distributing a version of Soldat that Michal never even released. It's like you're doing the releasing for him, and that, my friend, is very not-so-legal.

sativa
July 31, 2004, 9:16 am
cookie, your sig, from what game is that?

palloco
July 31, 2004, 9:18 am
Ask Michal

Deleted User
July 31, 2004, 10:16 am
Ah, but Aerial is a beta tester and is therefore allowed access to the betas [:)]

N1nj@
July 31, 2004, 2:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by sativa
cookie, your sig, from what game is that?
I believe it's just a pixel graphic sig

Drama
July 31, 2004, 3:03 pm
another version rebel (attemp)

AerialAssault
August 1, 2004, 12:39 am
quote:Originally posted by Stalky
Ah, but Aerial is a beta tester and is therefore allowed access to the betas [:)]
that is true, i pwned u kazuki

-RaveN`tP-
August 1, 2004, 3:22 pm
Hmm ur a Beta-Tester so u should be allowed to get it [:)]
Tell me ur email-addy and I could send it to you...

Deleted User
August 1, 2004, 5:19 pm
tell me when i can download it :P

Deleted User
August 1, 2004, 5:20 pm
btw how can i get a picture?? you know...onder my name?? :S

grand_diablo
August 1, 2004, 8:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by roeltjuuh
btw how can i get a picture?? you know...onder my name?? :S

Pls dont doublepost.

And that pic under your name is called "Avatar", you can set it up in your profile.

IBT
August 2, 2004, 2:49 am
see the sad faces in prison because gusse what valve knew what they did.
inotherwords it would be best if you just stick with what you got.

AerialAssault
August 2, 2004, 3:21 am
quote:Originally posted by IBT
see the sad faces in prison because gusse what valve knew what they did.
inotherwords it would be best if you just stick with what you got.
didnt you read any of the thread? im an official beta tester, im allowed to access it.

systemfeind
August 2, 2004, 5:43 am
hmm u are an official beta yes thats right but is there any beta test atm? i dont think so. so u are not allowed imho and its very useless to try to spread a beta around. synatick pls dont send it to him.

Kazuki
August 2, 2004, 6:18 am
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssault
quote:Originally posted by Stalky
that is true, i pwned u kazuki

Having access to them and distributing them are far, far from the same. ;)

Edit: And aren't you only allowed access to the betas when beta testing is in session and when they aren't outdated?

Element_101
August 2, 2004, 8:44 am
Just evolove and play 1.2, dont try to be different its just not cool...

AerialAssault
August 2, 2004, 9:06 am
i wanted to paly the best version of soldat against bots for the same reason people still play 0.4.9c

systemfeind
August 2, 2004, 9:33 am
hmm i think bots in 1.2final and 1.2b are nearly the same easy to kill. i dont see a really good reason yet.

Kazuki
August 2, 2004, 4:04 pm
Why hasn't anybody noticed yet that this is yet another weapon balance thread. I'm sure you've read the rules, Aerial. :P

kevith
August 2, 2004, 4:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by systemfeind
hmm i think bots in 1.2final and 1.2b are nearly the same easy to kill. i dont see a really good reason yet.
He wanted to play 1.2b because the weapons are balanced a little differently... especially the barrett. It isn't accurate when fired from the air. That's why this appears to be a weapon balance thread like Kazuki said.

DeMonIc
August 2, 2004, 4:49 pm
I really, REALLY don't wanna mess with any rules, but, as I heard from ppl so far, that 1.2b has "perfect" weapon balance, then y don't it's used?

Kazuki
August 2, 2004, 8:10 pm
Because one person's opinion, is another person's trash.

AerialAssault
August 2, 2004, 8:15 pm
ok, im just gonna say 1 last thing about the weapons. DeMoNiC, back during the beta testing phase, alot of leaked betas were picked up by n00bs. all the n00bs complained straight to michal, that their precious barrett, had become a balanced and fair weapon to use. they all complain so much that michal just gave in to peer pressure (not a good example kids, remember you dont need drugs to make you cool) so we went thru more beta testing phases and eventually came to the 1.2 release candidate(which waws basically 1.2d) from what i can remember most of the "official" beta testers hated it. but it was released anyway, and now we have disaster that is 1.2. i doubt well ever have a fully balanced version of soldat where n00bs get n00b scores.

DeMonIc
August 2, 2004, 8:36 pm
That explains a lot of things...so we wait I guess, hoping that good ol Michal makes the RIGHT decision.

Kazuki
August 2, 2004, 9:08 pm
The leaking really is a problem. There shouldnt be that many beta testers. Maybe a set limit of 15 maximum. For example, Stalky is in the beta testing team twice, toadsmoke, Kahuna, and so many others, like BMF, aren't active anymore, etc. There are lots of problems with the beta testing team, and that is the area of Soldat that hasn't been given the attention needed to be improved yet. Stalky and I were talking in IRC and we decided that the beta testing team needed a huge cleanout/addition.

Cookie.
August 2, 2004, 9:14 pm
:O i got added to the beta test straight from michal i wana stay lol :P

Kazuki
August 2, 2004, 9:16 pm
I didn't mention your name. ;D

Dathker
August 3, 2004, 2:49 am
ahh i don't see why not just give it to the man

DeepII
August 3, 2004, 5:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by Dathker
ahh i don't see why not just give it to the man

coz it's not allowed.

Element_101
August 4, 2004, 10:00 am
This is not a weapons balance thread Kaz its a thread were AA is asking for a older version of soldat. It has nothing to do with weapon balance.

karmazonpl
August 4, 2004, 10:04 am
he wanted to play 1.2b because it's fun, case closed