( search forums )
Changing avatars
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Darksider
July 31, 2004, 2:35 pm
I need a help from a person who nkows how to do stuff with PHP and/or ASP.

I want to have an avatar that changes every hour/day/week. But I don't know how to do this.(I cant do PHP, ASP) Is there anyone out there who is so generous, that will help me? :)

Melba
July 31, 2004, 5:59 pm
wouldnt that be impossible within the 20 kb avatar limit?
and is it possible at all?

Darksider
July 31, 2004, 6:27 pm
I got my five avatars (pics, because they are not avatars yet) and I can reduce the pic-pack size under 20k. (My current avatar has the best quality (The VERY best you can do with Photoshop) and only 8k thanks to...guess what. [:D])

Melba
July 31, 2004, 6:33 pm
of course you can have several avatar images, but tahts not what i meant.
if you want it like Hitman's that would be ok, but to change less frequently than one day minimum would not be possible.
correct me if im wrong...

Hitman
July 31, 2004, 7:26 pm
Yeah, I just used 'Animation Shop 3', put a couple of Incubus pics in there, made them change at a certain time, every 7 seconds I think, and saved it as a Gif..

palloco
July 31, 2004, 7:36 pm
I wonder why do u say that ur avatar is only 8 kb, I just saved it in PSP and it occupied 3.5 kb

Deleted User
July 31, 2004, 7:58 pm
It might be possible with Javascript. I'll try it out.

Melba
July 31, 2004, 9:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by palloco
I wonder why do u say that ur avatar is only 8 kb, I just saved it in PSP and it occupied 3.5 kb

i clicked on image properties and it said 18kb...

N1nj@
July 31, 2004, 10:34 pm
This is possbile using php, I seen poeple making them. The thing is I dont think it will work when you put it in the avatar link, cause it might not recognize the .php ending...

Darksider
August 1, 2004, 12:53 pm
Hey, I found something about this ([URL] and...and...would someone please explain me what is this?!

It sound Japanese to me. [:D]