( search forums )
Player list on top
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Melba
August 1, 2004, 1:43 pm
all Admins know that if they press / the textbox comes up.
and when they try to kick someone, i.e. someone with a name like this:
[1337]ToP`^DAwG<TB>
it would be easier to use the player number instead of typing it all down, which brings me to the topic. because when the admin tries to find out the player number, or for that matter, his exact name, the text box comes up. Which forces the admin to "myse" through the text, and may result in the admin kicking the wrong number because he couldn't see clearly the player list.

so in the next version, if it comes out, would it be possible that the text box would be placed "behind" it, so that nothing would cover it.
you see what im trying to say here?

Deleted User
August 1, 2004, 1:50 pm
Agreed.

SERIAL KILLeR
August 1, 2004, 2:00 pm
I think the "text box"/console should have its own button and wouldnt come up when u use "/" or chat.
And also,it would be great if the death console would be extended when u open the console.

DeepII
August 1, 2004, 10:00 pm
Maybe the "textbox" should only appear in normal chat, not in cmd-mode. Coz you don't need the textbox in cmd-mode right?!

And: Taunts should be disabled in cmd-mode, coz you can't kick some1 with {, [, ], }, \ in his name when you have a german keyboard. That sucks.

N1nj@
August 1, 2004, 10:10 pm
ya, make console come up when you press "~"

Deleted User
August 2, 2004, 12:49 am
Agreed also.

Artex
August 2, 2004, 12:50 am
Or, | (To bring down the console) as in most games.

The idea of yours is great Melba :)

DeepII
August 2, 2004, 2:10 pm
in most games it's ^ (on a german keyboard...dunno what's the key on an american)

in games with unreal engine it's รถ

Yin_Starrunner
August 3, 2004, 1:32 am
on most game on an american keyboard i believe its the Tilde (`) key