( search forums )
All of these Ideas... Have been suggested...Before
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Endo
August 2, 2004, 6:45 pm
I've suggested half of the ideas these people suggest... I say we have A "Suggestion log" that breaks the suggestions into chapters and sections...

And I have some original suggestions...

Being able to knock people down without killing them... like falling from a high place (that wouldn't kill you)hitting the floor a rolling a bit, then getting back up.... Or when you get hit by the edge of the blast of a nade...

I think this idea would be pretty good in the "melee field" knocking people down with one hit then beating the crap out of them while there on the floor...

And I solved teh "Vehicle complex..." Use the vehicles from Far cry.

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 2, 2004, 11:42 pm
I think that the falling down thign would be pretty fun to play, of course, if you push the jump button really really fast you could get up faster. but, since I havn't played Far Cry before (Damn computer is teh suxor), so explain to those of us what the Far Cry vehicles are like.

DeMonIc
August 3, 2004, 9:49 am
Plz explain farcry, I haven't played it neither...
I'm still in to the knockdown system, and it could be done like in a small game like marshmallow duel.(the game's MAIN thing is the knockdown system, done very good) If I find a working link, I'll post it, so u can see.

AerialAssault
August 3, 2004, 9:42 pm
i agree with this suggestion

Denacke
August 4, 2004, 12:33 am
farcry vehicles would still suck in soldat.

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 4, 2004, 1:20 am
grrrr... explain how it would work damnit

Yin_Starrunner
August 4, 2004, 1:53 am
yes plz elaborate on the farcry vehicles

The Geologist
August 4, 2004, 6:53 am
We still have yet to hear just how these Farcry vehicles would work. Anyone out there, or are we just blowing smoke?

Endo
August 6, 2004, 10:37 pm
Sorry my comp was broken [xx(]

Farcry vehicles:Helicopters,Wind Gliders,and Those boats that the navy seals use... Damn it this isn't comming out right... but I'll make some pictures to explain better

Sjuge
August 7, 2004, 12:23 am
Hmm... how come people are all hyped about these "Far Cry vehicles"? Had he said "vehicles" everyone would be flaming him.

I don't see how you can fit a helicopter into Soldat. Soldat is a fairly simple (simple, not easy) game (in 2-D, mind you).
How are you going to fit something fairly complex, such as a helicopter, into that? "Wind gliders"? Um, hello? We have Jet packs/boots. I'd say that easily outdoes "wind gliders" any day. "Boats"... there is no water in Soldat... I really don't see any practical use for boats as long as there is NO WATER (except maybe hiding under them, and that's just silly).