( search forums )
What do you make of this?Soldat rip off or to kno?
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Hitman131
August 2, 2004, 10:31 pm
This upcoming game sounds good and all but also sounds alot like soldat only instead of red and blue its army and the mob. Check it out (pretty early no screens or nothing yet but keep your eye on this look promising) www.damob.tk . Says its out on november 9th.

Hitman131
August 2, 2004, 10:32 pm
[:-censored] sorry for double topic pushed refresh.

b00stA
August 2, 2004, 10:47 pm
does it really look promising?
so far, it's a webpage with no content.
There's a server page, but no servers, because there's no single version of the game out yet.

Yes, we better check the page everyday, maybe they'll set a release that can be at least delayed.

grand_diablo
August 2, 2004, 11:40 pm
Ive emailed the author of Damob with 10 questions about the game,

lets see if he answers.

N1nj@
August 3, 2004, 12:43 am
Is it me or there seem to be an increasing amount of 2D Shoot-em-up games being developed after Soldat was made and popular?

Yin_Starrunner
August 3, 2004, 12:54 am
its made by "RoKsTa"

sounds an awful lot like rockstar....

I do think teh game will be a rip-off of soldat.

I hope it sucks.

Cookie.
August 3, 2004, 1:04 am
i thought i saw this like a year ago maybe 2
-_-

NightCabbage
August 3, 2004, 1:17 am
imo even if it existed it looks crap newayz :P

for something that's out nov. 9th, surprising there's no screenies at least...

can't change a game incredibly much in a month, and there's not much to gain from open suspense ;)

?
August 3, 2004, 1:46 am
We will burn them....

btw roksta is a name I made for the interface boosta let me use.... creepy....

Kazuki
August 3, 2004, 1:58 am
Rar! Nightcabbie! =D

Meh, I'm not even going to visit the site, lol. It shows how much I really care. The community of Soldat is what makes the game so enriched. The fact that no other game has it is a big downfall for them.

Dathker
August 3, 2004, 2:42 am
time for a crusifixtion!! wewt! sounds fun!!!!

Yin_Starrunner
August 3, 2004, 2:44 am
burn the heathens!

Shyo
August 3, 2004, 3:03 am
gimme a roasted apple!

Kazuki
August 3, 2004, 3:58 am
Microsoft works for Satan!

Chali
August 3, 2004, 4:15 am
hmm... i used to know the guy thats making that game... but i dont remember his name. he used to always ask me to go to the site....and that was over a year ago. he played soldat.

Hitman131
August 3, 2004, 4:20 am
well I guess we know where he got his "inspiration" *cough*rip off*cough*

Chali
August 3, 2004, 4:23 am
::This Just In::
ive givin hercule a run for his money
looks like my detective work has been proven useful

this is the dude

http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=10175

Duke33
August 3, 2004, 5:21 am
Impressive.

Look, this guy used z's instead of s's. Downloadz + Newz = t3h 1337 @$$h0|3 :. eternal dammation.

Mild pet peeve.

AerialAssault
August 3, 2004, 6:20 am
Z > S

Milkman Dan
August 3, 2004, 7:02 am
Imprezzive.

it might be top down but i didnt look around so i wont know

frogboy
August 3, 2004, 7:09 am
quote:Originally posted by Kazuki
Microsoft works for Satan!

Agreed. I even found proof. A Windows XP Home Edition CD costed $666... true story.

Unlucky 13
August 3, 2004, 7:28 am
same. god, $666? thats pro edition stuff! maybe pro i'll end up $1313?
well, this game looks, err, different. thats what we were told in school to say to ppls so there feelings aint hurt, but, lol, hoo cares? anyway, hoo nos when this ill happen to come out? prolly never? soldat owns DAMOB!

Captain RibMan
August 3, 2004, 10:17 am
i need an old priest and a young priest

Element_101
August 3, 2004, 11:26 am
Coolies seen it b4 through.

Toumaz
August 3, 2004, 5:04 pm
Damnit this topic got spammed.

Well, we'll see what game that is going to be the better one of those two... but I'll continue being a member of the holy Soldat religion.

papasurf31
August 3, 2004, 7:16 pm
Their web page design is commendable. In fact, it's almost TOO good. Almost makes me worry that this game might actually be BETTER than Soldat. They actually have a TEAM to work on it. I might have to PLAY THAT GAME and JOIN IT'S FORUMS!!!1

*note*extreme sarcasm*note*

Yin_Starrunner
August 3, 2004, 7:23 pm
i bet they're all noobs and will make every weapon exactly like the barret LMAO

Melba
August 3, 2004, 7:32 pm
i can't see any screenshots or previews :\

BManx2000
August 4, 2004, 4:43 am
That's 'coz there aren't any.

kkazican
August 5, 2004, 12:29 am
Well the game already looks like crap eg it's description (DAMOB a 2D Action War/Gangsta/Soldier Like game being programmed in Borland Delphi It will be action packed full of blood and gore) Definately a Soldat knockoff description there. The web host seems to be a 12 year old white inbred gangter wannabe. It is clearly obvious by the webpage asking if your gangsta or army and only manipulating the site by changing the text color and the one picture it has. On that note why do they have a picture of Scar Face because he is neither a gangster nor an army person. He is a drug dealer/mobster which is clearly different than a petty gangster. A mob is really into drugs and power owning everything and having money out the wazoo. They will kill someone trying to take over drug territory or generally causing some sort of threat. They have connections all around the world and generally work secretly unless there is a job to be done(assassinating someone). A Gangster and Gangsta nowadays aren't even the same thing. Gangster back when there were gangsters generally had the same ambitions as the mob. But were at a lot smaller scale and localized. A Gangsta nowadays are people who run around talking trash and carrying around a .45 hoping to be cool. If there is some other Gangsta from another Gang they will generally beat the [:-censored] out of them or just shoot them dead. Very very low class type of criminal I would say probably just 1 step above petty thug/mugger. I think this game will bomb or not even be finished due to not enough customer support. I believe when it is done the "companies" that are supporting it will expect cash back as soon as the product has a beta. So they will quickly run out of funds unless their game is far far far superior than soldat and the beta will be dirt cheap to free.

Hitman
August 5, 2004, 12:50 am
[:o]

..alright, I think it's time for this to go to the Lounge..

*Poof*

Le Ti Jian
August 5, 2004, 2:07 am
Looks like the team have just been sitting around on their lazy asses doing nothing. Also, incessant z's = lame attempt to be cool.

Besides, the guy on the army page looks more like a terrorist...

As kkazican said, they're sponsored, unlike good old Mike, who did it all by himself and asks for a mere $9, so if they screw up, they're... well, kinda outta cash.