( search forums )
Stormin Normandy! (reg and CTF)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
liquidis x snake
December 29, 2002, 10:27 pm
New Map, woot woot. Stormin Normandy, based on the events of World War II. Yes, I kno there are alot of D-Day maps. But i couldn't help myself. What i liked the most about this map was the boats. the plane looks kinda crappy and the bomb looks ehh. but i guess its alright. and no, no bot support. i doubt any of my maps will have bot support. maybe in the future. weeeee. Anyway, here you go. This map comes in both regular and CTF.

Theres several glitches that i've been able to find. One is the broken off ramp on the far right of the water and the ramp that leads into the bunker / sniper area (which only glitches in CTF map for some reason). also, the two 'breakbars' on each of end of map has something wrong with em. the first one in the water, if you try harder enough, u can actually fly over. the one in the nazi area, however, has a real glitch. you can run straight through it. im very very very sorry but im just too damn lazy to fix them.

screenshots:

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] screenshot11.jpg102.24 KB
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] screenshot12.jpg103.07 KB
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] screenshot13.jpg131.55 KB
---------------------------
map file:
*contains:
-stormin_normandy.pmp
-ctf_stormin_norm.pmp
---------------------------
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Stormin_Normandy.zip38.55 KB

M
December 30, 2002, 8:17 am
WHY THE HELL IS EVERYONE TAKING MY IDEA.WHEN I CREATED THE FIRST D-DAY MAP EVERYONE STARTED TO MAKEN LIKE MINE.Btw nice map.

Piglet
December 30, 2002, 4:47 pm
evidently it means they liked your map

liquidis x snake
December 30, 2002, 5:49 pm
yes, indeed M's map is ownage.

c0n
January 9, 2003, 12:10 am
actually i liked yours better than M's...no offense btw!

Flanagan
January 9, 2003, 1:55 am
I agree, it is by far the best looking D-Day map. Like the plane, but not the bomb :) Does it have bots?

skc.nevermore
January 9, 2003, 7:55 pm
err...I'm german , nothing against your map, but in Germany it isn'T allowed to draw Nazi-Crosses...don't know weather your map in Germany would be illegal

Darac
January 9, 2003, 9:21 pm
i was wondering that eh.... i knew some ppl wouldnt take to kindly to it, but i guess iv seen flags up in museums ect, so it cant be that bad :/

High
January 9, 2003, 9:53 pm
liquidis x snake: fix those glicth and it will be prefect =P

toozler
January 10, 2003, 2:46 am
draw another flag instead of that one
it suc.ks

c0n
January 10, 2003, 3:19 am
I dont have problem with flag...it just goes along with the gameplay and the view of it...

liquidis x snake
January 11, 2003, 7:58 pm
wow... this map got more comments than i ever expected... indeed, after this... I WILL ADD WAYPOINTS AND FIX GLITCHES!! (dun dun dun!!) oh and the flag... well, that was added for realism i suppose. im not german or know of german rules, but does that mean medal of honor or wolfenstein is banned?? i dunno. anyway, i stopped mapmaking for a while... something pissed me off. i worked so damn hard on a Lord of the Rings map... but the stupid soldatmapmaker crashed. ARGH!! well i managed to take a print-screen screenshot of the map while i was making it. here it is (the 2nd one is the picture that is was based on). oh and i made the first half of it.. i had the mill done too. STUPID SOLDATMAPMAKER!! >:O

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] thebridge.jpg199.54 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] hobbiton_mill.jpg19.52 KB

skc.nevermore
January 11, 2003, 9:47 pm
quote:not german or know of german rules, but does that mean medal of honor or wolfenstein is banned??

yup..it is

But it's ok, you can not know the rules...but if i would but your map for example on my german community page i would get a lot of trouble.

Just would inform you =)

NavySeal
January 15, 2003, 10:06 pm
i have an idea of the flag, sweden flag?
and call it something else

liquidis x snake
January 16, 2003, 2:05 am
er? i dont get it. replace the nazi flag with a swedish one? and call it stormin_sweden?

Darac
January 16, 2003, 9:41 am
why dont you just replace the flag with a white, yellow, and brown skinded guy hanging a black guy... wouldnt that be better?
(if you dont get this then you dont watch south part :)