( search forums )
Vehicles
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Commissar
August 3, 2004, 1:46 am
I think this game would be funnier with the introduction of optional playable vehicles like slow moving yet strong tanks, helis, fast jets for droping bombs... etc. think about it... ;)

Yin_Starrunner
August 3, 2004, 1:56 am
theres a buton at the top called "Search"

click there, set it to search the improvements thread, then type vehicles in the search box.

u will find our opinions there

T.J.FoRd
August 3, 2004, 2:07 am
omg what a great idea :P no one has ever thought of this one, howd ya do it?

Shyo
August 3, 2004, 3:05 am
No.

*closes*
damn, I'm not a mod.

JayBDey
August 3, 2004, 5:43 am
Commissar, you made the mistake of making a vehicle thread. Although a good idea (and possible to be implemented no matter what anyone says) no one here thinks so and they will only flame you, while providing no arguments as to why it's bad idea. Then, they'll site that it has been discussed already, maybe link to other topics, but you'll find no real arguments against it, only a bunch of Death-Match purists who want Soldat to revert back to 1.5b.

Oh, and welcome to the forums :)

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 3, 2004, 6:18 am
I'm not one of those Purists you are talking about, but still, I'd like to quote

"LEAVE! LEAVE BEFORE THE ADMIN BANS YOU" - www.pwned.nl

but seriously, he didn't know better, but now you do, so next time, make sure you use the search funtion before you post an idea, and if you see more then 2 topics thats the same as the topic you are going to post, then don't post it.

The Geologist
August 3, 2004, 6:37 am
So how long 'til someone locks this bad boy?[B)]

karmazonpl
August 3, 2004, 6:38 am
Ahhh, the good ol' vehicle discussion :D

JayBDey
August 3, 2004, 6:45 am
"Discussion" implies that both sides got to state their opinions :)

bucky_brad
August 3, 2004, 6:57 am
JayBDay, you know nothing because you know nothing. idiot.

Michal(maker of the game, decider of all improvments, god of soldat) said that veichals will NEVER be in soldat. There is your arguement. you lose.

JayBDey
August 3, 2004, 6:58 am
We know. I was simply saying that BEFORE that was said there was never any discussion of it in a constructive way, like Stat. Guns for example.

Sorry, but YOU fail it.

systemfeind
August 3, 2004, 7:22 am
the fact is that u vehicle guys dont want to understand that michal will NEVER implement it and michal himself said it more than once!!!

JayBDey
August 3, 2004, 7:26 am
Well I just said I know it wont. Im just bitter that the chance we had to discuss it was ruined by lamers with nothing to contribute to the discussion but flames about how much it would "suX0rz".

Deleted User
August 3, 2004, 7:26 am
Good idea. I like it. :)

AerialAssault
August 3, 2004, 7:49 am
omfg soldat needs teh VEEHIKLES!! ROFLMFAOWTFOMGBBQ!

systemfeind
August 3, 2004, 7:59 am
its easier to think about vehicles as to implement them. even if everybody would think of it as a good idea im sure michal wouldnt waste time with it.

imho highest priority is too make soldat fully bugfree und playable. after that suggestions can be realized. until now every new feature only brought new bugs with them.

karmazonpl
August 3, 2004, 8:16 am
Michal should make a GTA mod for soldat, where you steal vehicles harr harr

Unlucky 13
August 3, 2004, 8:20 am
i make games, i play soldat. i know how much time it took to make a bug in my game stop, and the fix didnt work, so...
PS: it was a spawn prob on a 2d platformer

JayBDey
August 3, 2004, 8:27 am
I know it's water under the bridge now but, we were not demanding that all other works should cease and that vehicles should be made the priority, of course bug fixes are more important, no one was saying otherwise so I don't know why you brought it up.

systemfeind
August 3, 2004, 8:37 am
quote:Originally posted by systemfeind
imho highest priority is too make soldat fully bugfree und playable. after that suggestions can be realized. until now every new feature only brought new bugs with them.

i only told u my opinion btw...
am i not allowed to?

Unlucky 13
August 3, 2004, 8:42 am
yes, speak out, it is the Game Improvements / Suggestions forum after all! u say sommin, u get replies. that simple. oh, and if u wish to no, viechiles=millions of bugs

frogboy
August 3, 2004, 9:31 am
quote:Rules - READ THIS BEFORE POSTING topic:
Don't post about:
- Vehicles ( will not be added ) < [NOTE - Not because i don't want them to be added (well actually i don't want but that's not the point), but Michal said they won't be added. If you still think they should be added play some more soldat and you'll realize they wouldn't work anyway]

systemfeind
August 3, 2004, 9:41 am
pwn

DeMonIc
August 3, 2004, 9:45 am
lmao
No vehicles.

JayBDey
August 3, 2004, 10:27 am
^Exactly the kind of eloquence that is to be expected from someone on that side of the discussion. You're just reinforcing my argument that BACK WHEN IT STILL WAS open for debate, we never could get a word in past all the nonsense and flames. And again. It doesn't matter because they will never be added now.

DeMonIc
August 3, 2004, 10:47 am
If u show me a good way to make vehicles maybe I will change my mind.But it won't be implemented, cause Michal said so.What he says, goes.So u can argue if u want, but it1s pretty much useless.

Deleted User
August 3, 2004, 10:54 am
I want vehicles...[:(] There's some moderator support for you.