( search forums )
Calling votes
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Gaah
August 3, 2004, 8:19 am
In many games, you call votes, and everyone else knows there is a vote in progress and can easily vote yes or no. I would like to see this implemented in Soldat.

Someone presses escape, goes to "Call Vote" menu, clicks on either Player (to choose player to kick/mute) or Map (where they choose map to change to or next map). Also an extra thing would be a last step, Reason:

So you could put in, for an example pretend you're playing on a server and have a cheater playing "This guy is using the flying cheat". Or, if you have no good reason or everyone knows why, you could leave it blank.

The vote called would look like this to other players:

Player has called vote to:
Kick "Cheater" Reason: Using flying cheat
Press F1 for yes, F2 for no
Yes: 1 No: 0

A server setting could be set for what percentage has to be yes for the vote to pass, how long the vote runs for (prob around 30 sec) and even whether if someone doesn't vote it is counted as a yes or no vote etc, and to stop someone repeatedly calling the same vote over and over, they could be limited to, say, 5 vote calls a map, depending on the server.

This would really help when there is some fool using one of various cheats or flaming and no admin is around (as is usually the case) you vote to kick, but noone else knows how or whatever, so you call a vote, everyone sees it and all they have to do is press F1 and the cheater is gone.

Anyway, I hope you people read this and make it sticky or something because this isn't an idea which is never going to be implemented and is stupid eg like making Soldat 3D or many of the other ideas in this section of the forum, I see this as a reasonable idea which I think shouldn't be all that hard to add in.

Unlucky 13
August 3, 2004, 8:23 am
half of it is in already, from the ESC menu, u can kik/ban/map vote, and it appearsup on the top of screen. the reason part is what i like

systemfeind
August 3, 2004, 8:42 am
the version u are suggesting could be misused. i know it from cs where stupid guys are opening votes and ppl are pressing the f1 button and dont care what it will cause and unguilty players are kicked.

i like it how it is already.

real cheaters dont have to be vote-kicked, they have to be banned permanently by an admin.

i only like the reason thingy.

Gaah
August 3, 2004, 8:49 am
admin is rarely online from my experience, and when you vote to kick someone i'm fairly sure that no one else knows about it so it can be hard to kick cheaters when they aren't being kicked by the game itself

DeepII
August 3, 2004, 12:42 pm
I like the ideas. Map votes are already displayed so why not kick votes?! and the f1 and f2 idea for yes or no is cool too!

kkazican
August 5, 2004, 1:01 am
Yeah I definately think what is being voted should be shown. I also think it is a lot easier for the f1 and f2 thing because having to hit esc click vote kick(not ban) then cycle through the people'e names starting from some random location to try and find the player gets me killed too many times. Also I have only once in my experience actually see someone kicked due to being voted off because people are too lazy to go through the process of standing still and cycling through as i just explained. It will get hackers/spammers kicked a lot more often but I think that they should be banned at some point too. Possibley after being kicked by vote 2 times they are banned for 15 minutes
3rd kick they are banned perminently.

Yin_Starrunner
August 5, 2004, 1:23 am
I really like this voting system.

power to the players!

Yay for a soldat democracy!