( search forums )
Wireframes...? Broken...?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Ahhpple
August 3, 2004, 9:24 am
i was playing soldat...then i heard 2 error sounds (no windows popped up or ne thing)... then all of the terrain disapeared and it left the outlines of the map. it was ctf_run... [IMAGE]
it was not edited. Soldat automaticly quit when i took the screen shot. now... everytime i want to open soldat, it wont open it sais "error initializing 3d hardware. your hardware does not support directx8. be sure to install the latest video driver. now software will be used..." (the dots being part of the error message). Then, yet another error message game up. This one said "could not initialize directx graphics. you must have installed directx 8 or better. try turning off extra options like antialiasing" I have directx 9. so... du u guys think u can help plz? if ur wondering, my soldat ran perfectly before, i had no cracks, it was not regestered.

systemfeind
August 3, 2004, 9:40 am
lol looks nice ;D

n00bface
August 4, 2004, 1:16 am
did you try running it in windowed mode then switching back? sometimes on my old laptop when DX fails it switches to windowed mode, and when i switch it back to fullscreen after running it in windowed mode then it works fine again

Yin_Starrunner
August 4, 2004, 1:51 am
quote:Originally posted by Ahhpple
i was playing soldat...then i heard 2 error sounds (no windows popped up or ne thing)... then all of the terrain disapeared and it left the outlines of the map. it was ctf_run... [IMAGE]
it was not edited. Soldat automaticly quit when i took the screen shot. now... everytime i want to open soldat, it wont open it sais "error initializing 3d hardware. your hardware does not support directx8. be sure to install the latest video driver. now software will be used..." (the dots being part of the error message). Then, yet another error message game up. This one said "could not initialize directx graphics. you must have installed directx 8 or better. try turning off extra options like antialiasing" I have directx 9. so... du u guys think u can help plz? if ur wondering, my soldat ran perfectly before, i had no cracks, it was not regestered.

did you consider taking its advice? happens to em sometimes, just turn off antialiasing. In your soldat folder should be a .exe called config or something, m'kay?

NightCabbage
August 5, 2004, 7:29 am
Basically, just have a play with your settings for Soldat, see if anything fixes it.

Also try to think of anything that you may have done to cause this problem around the same time...

Then just try an uninstall/reinstall, see if that helps.

Ahhpple
August 5, 2004, 8:33 am
Antialiasing was off when i lookd in config.exe ...i dun think its that. When i run dedicated server, it runs perfectly (sept the fact that noone joins my games)... but soldats still not running.

TigerDragon
August 5, 2004, 9:52 pm
try reinstall or restart computer

SERIAL KILLeR
August 5, 2004, 11:27 pm
I had that once because i was missing a texture.

systemfeind
August 6, 2004, 7:24 am
maybe viruses had eaten your textures ? who knows ;D

Ahhpple
August 10, 2004, 3:04 am
meh... i duno wat happend... i was messing around with the options and stuff... but it works now. thx ne ways... my comps retarded... so i dun think its relly a bug or ne thing. i had all my textures so er... kk... yea.