( search forums )
Change recoil in realistic.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
papasurf31
August 3, 2004, 8:01 pm
I searched and theres no topic about this so:

I hate how in realistic mode your aiming reticle goes up. In most games, If you fire an automatic weapon for too long, the shots don't go up.

This is what happens. Let's suppose you fire a gun for second. The shots remain relatively accurate. When you hit 2 seconds the bullets start having a larger possible area of where they can hit. In other words, it would still be possible to hit the target without letting go of the trigger and re-aiming, but the bullets would start hitting the target less and less frequently until it's accuracy is worse than a minigun.

Also, guns should (in realistic) misfire randomly to add a bit of chance to the game. This happens in real life so it ought to be in the game. This would force the enemy to MANUALLY reload a new clip before they can fire again. That bit of time could be what lets you get through them and make that game winning flag cap or what lets you obtain that last frag in deathmatch.

So, whaddya think?

Yin_Starrunner
August 3, 2004, 8:09 pm
so j00 mean, that, like in other games, when you fire, the reticule gets larger to show you the area that the bullets are now hitting. (i dont think this is literally what youre talkign about but i think you get my point).

I dunno.

I like Aerials idea about reducing the recoil when your crouch or prone better.

papasurf31
August 3, 2004, 8:15 pm
Yes, that is sort of what Im trying say. And redusing recoild when crouched or prone could be combined with my idea too.

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 3, 2004, 9:06 pm
you can get the exact same thing by pulling down the mouse while you are firing. You'll keep shooting in the general direction, but the longer it is, the less accurate you will be. You don't have to stop and reaim, this is what seperates the true realistic players from the noobies.

Spectral
August 3, 2004, 9:08 pm
yea, combine the ideas, i really like this one. the reticle doesnt have to get that much larger, people can notice their shots getting less accurate themselves

AerialAssault
August 3, 2004, 9:37 pm
yeah, im surprised no one suggested this, if it was combined with my idea, i bet realistic mode would become alot more popular.

DeMonIc
August 4, 2004, 10:03 am
I like the recoil system as it is, but I agree that it should be reduced while crouching/proning.

Unlucky 13
August 4, 2004, 10:57 am
i concur with Demonic

systemfeind
August 4, 2004, 11:06 am
i also concur

papasurf31
August 4, 2004, 2:02 pm
Could someone E-Mail MM about this? I'm thinking there could be an option for this when selecting realistic mode, seeing as there seems to be alot of contraversy as to which one is better. Shouldn't be hard to program at all (not that I could do it)

Yin_Starrunner
August 4, 2004, 4:09 pm
i think i like it more as it is, as well. Because i can actually get the recoil under control.

BEsides, im so used to it now, a new one would make me go off-balance.

papasurf31
August 4, 2004, 5:30 pm
Thats why there should be an OPTION! AreialAssault agrees with me. So there.
/thbptbptbptbptbptbptbptbptbptbptbptbptbptbptbpt!!!!!

Yin_Starrunner
August 4, 2004, 6:16 pm
thats what they always say when ppl dont liek their idea.

"Maybe we should just make it an option..."

The Geologist
August 4, 2004, 6:35 pm
Only seems natural that you would get a more stable shot crouching/prone. leave things as they be but reduce the recoil in these positions. The rest is just left to technique...

papasurf31
August 4, 2004, 6:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by Yin_Starrunner
thats what they always say when ppl dont liek their idea.

"Maybe we should just make it an option..."

Don't other people say that when they don't like your idea but don't want to hurt your feelings? I'm just trying to be diplomatic.

Yin_Starrunner
August 4, 2004, 9:27 pm
ya your right, its more like this.

"If you guys dont liek it, than it can eb an option."

Dark_Noddy
August 7, 2004, 1:10 am
Less Recoil when pronong and crouching.. GOOD :P

Other [:-censored] BAAAD ! If U basicly learn how to shoot in Real the Recoil Doesnt matter squat.. only mebbe for the Minigun..