( search forums )
Kill Log and Server Stats Program (NEED HELP!)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Suezzle
August 4, 2004, 6:22 am
Well... I have a website, and I need to know how to get server statistics...

Is there any way you can do this (please show me with links and everything, I'd really really appreciate it!)

I found a few links, but the install file was corrup (not even an EXE)...

Also, I don't understand how to get a kill log... I tried... but I dunno what I was trying, whatever it was it didn't work..

I need and am looking for a detailed description, I'd appreciate it VERY VERY much, it's pretty important!

FliesLikeABrick
August 4, 2004, 12:27 pm
oye... there is a lot more to putting server statistics on a website than just installing a program, and i am assuming you are running a dedicated server. The dedicated server has to be running on the same computer as your website in order to have a functional, dynamic site with stats that you want. You may not be able to find the logs because they are disabled by default. Go to Setup Soldat and enable file logging. Then the dedicated server will put tons of information into logs in the soldat/logs folder.

There is no program out there that makes stats for websites. You must make your own if you plan on having it. If you do not have the know-how to make your own, or you just dont know any languages powerful enough to make this a reality, then the best i can suggest is taking screenshots of the stats programs out there... but you don't want to do that.

as for links, i think the only pertinent link is to my site, which does have stats: http://u13.sytes.net/

More later, if other posts don't answer all your questions before then (gotta go to work)
-Brick

Rufus
August 6, 2004, 5:50 am
all you really need is the php scripts(easiest i think) and an apache server that has php installed...

FliesLikeABrick
August 6, 2004, 9:53 pm
haha... ha... "all you need is the php scripts..." duh...
are you saying that writing about 2 thousand lines of highly efficient, logical php code is easier and shorte than installing apache and php? if so, i challenge you to a race.
-Brick

NightCabbage
August 10, 2004, 12:26 am
"writing", no.

Using someone else's scripts, yes :P

Grabbing some pre-made scripts and shoving them on a server is a lot easier than getting an apache server running ^^

But then most people don't have to write a script OR install apache...

Yay for easyness, eh?

FliesLikeABrick
August 10, 2004, 12:31 pm
I had talked to Suezzle on AIM about it, and it isn't possible for him to do it anyway. He pays for the webspace on someone else's comp, doesn't have access to it to install the soldat server on there, has not idea how to set up his own apache server with php and mysql, and doesnt know a thing about php. (sry, this isnt supposed to sound like im bashing him).
NightCabbage: yeah, it is all easier.... but being one of few with stats, I don't feel like cleaning up my scripts so that other people can install them easily... too much work.
-Brick