( search forums )
My Minion!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
MJPZX2
August 4, 2004, 11:42 am
OK I was messing around with someone else on a soldat server and changing the maps by voting and stuff. However the next map started and there was 2 of me! I had my name and my double had my name with a (1) at the end.
Now your all saying shut up this is a waste of time it happens to everyone. However the weird thing was he didnt just stand still. He followed me! So I went out with this double when i saw the other guy. And I killed him. Or i thought I did. At second glance it was the double who had killed him with a nade! Then it got disconected like all doubles do after about a minute :(

Since the person i was playing with was my brother, I thne went and asked him if he saw. But he couldnt see my double it only appeared on my screen. He claimed he had just been killed by a nade out of no where.

Anyway thats my story. Added as much dramatic tension as possible now i sleep

DeMonIc
August 4, 2004, 12:12 pm
Yes, I have seen this aswell.It's lol :)

MJPZX2
August 4, 2004, 1:12 pm
Tried to do it again but cant manage it.
Must be a very special thing you have to do :P

Unlucky 13
August 5, 2004, 9:14 am
it happend to me, but the double wasnt thr...:(

systemfeind
August 5, 2004, 9:50 am
sounds like the black ghost soldiers in the betas :>

Captain RibMan
August 5, 2004, 9:52 am
OMG those black ghost guys happened to me in 1.2 a while ago

Unlucky 13
August 5, 2004, 10:20 am
same, but whit bots

MJPZX2
August 5, 2004, 10:37 am
Yeh i've also seen the black ghost things too. They didnt move though :( but when i kill it it spawns in a random place i think. Or maybe i was just playing dm or something.

Element_101
August 5, 2004, 1:11 pm
Cool I want that to happen to me.

Subslider
August 5, 2004, 1:19 pm
lol sounds neat..^.^..
btw: black ghost still happens in 1.2

Hiei
August 5, 2004, 2:14 pm
It happens because of a lag or connection problem when you are like forced to disconnect and you reenter there is a copy of you that does nothing but takes your name...

karmazonpl
August 5, 2004, 2:23 pm
omg h4x0r

Deleted User
August 5, 2004, 2:28 pm
I once made a completely messed uo bot. It looked the acted the same way as the ghosts.

pattoe
August 5, 2004, 2:33 pm
lol sounds fun, mayby he was just a fan?

Marine
August 6, 2004, 6:41 am
Spooky

AerialAssault
August 6, 2004, 11:55 am
those black ghosts are teh scarreh

MJPZX2
August 6, 2004, 1:55 pm
LOL the black ghosts are odd but im telling you this copy moved with me. I am also sure it wasnt a fan since i was playing on a passworded server with someone else. Also he followed me around in a way that a human player definitely wouldnt have.

Yin_Starrunner
August 7, 2004, 5:12 am
this must mean....but no.... They dont have the internet in space.... i mean they might.... but how would aliens connect to our internet?

Or it was a ghost of past respawn? oooooooooo, scarreh.

Cookie.
August 11, 2004, 7:06 am
No this is real I have had it happen to me It was either in the beta or shortly after It was really cool playing around and having this clone chasing me real close
It was something like i got kicked\lagged\left out of game and rejoined and me the original was still there and then I spawned opposite team as Alpha and had the original Bravo Cookie chasing me around

-=edit=-
I think to get it to work you have to have the original you in Game
Name on say team Alpha
Then you rejoin the game quickly and join Bravo
Tahts my theory O_O

Heres a picture of the soldat ghost for those who have never seen it ^_^

[IMAGE]

Unlucky 13
August 11, 2004, 9:40 am
LMAOROFLOMFG! HA! nice pic! anyhoo, that hapend to me today on a DM 'gainst my bro, lol he said "sh1t! what are u doin haxor!" id post the log, but i dont use file logging _/\_

DT
August 14, 2004, 9:24 pm
looked kinda like pac mans kid that got fat... verticly

KnOt
August 16, 2004, 6:09 pm
I can add those freaky black ghosts whenever i want. All of you just type /addbot *

.. It works.. you can kill em and get points for it.They have no name and no score.

Toumaz
August 19, 2004, 1:49 pm
SCAREH!

_Mancer_
August 31, 2004, 11:04 pm
I saw a black ghost today... had no name...just there.

MJPZX2
September 1, 2004, 12:31 pm
yep well my follower can kill and cap. And ive worked out how to get him. Just read the post WORKED IT OUT! by me. Theres also a screenie of him there too.
Iv'e seen those ghosts a few times but never knew you could add them like that.

Y4ibal
September 1, 2004, 3:00 pm
Ive seen those "Ghosts" too..