( search forums )
alien vs predator
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Hitman131
August 4, 2004, 8:53 pm
In 2 days Ill probably look back at this topic and wonder wtf I was on when I thought of this but I just tried the game and thought it would be... different to have in soldat so Ill just throw it out there. The marines would remain as the normal average soldat with access to all the guns. The alien would be extra fast and durable but not have any weapons (in otherwords a really lethal fist that could be modeled after its little mouth shooting out thing), would also beable to run up walls and ceiling but only for a limited time to replace jet pack. (wall walking time equivilent to jet pack time maybe?) Predators would be fairly fast but not as fast as aliens. They would beable to jump extra high (ever see the movie or play game youll se what I mean) to replace jet pack and have access to weakish ranged weapons and powerful melee weapons. Also a very limited cloaking ability that is similar to the predator pick up already available. This would not affect the normal game at all so please give me serious feed back and not just "no" or "it would ruin soldat" Id rather have balancing sugestions or constructive critism. Thanks.

Darksider
August 4, 2004, 8:59 pm
Sorry man.

Soldat is Soldat because it's simple, realistic in his 2d way and people fight each other.

As a mod it would deinetly be awesome, but as a default feature...I say no.

And I don't meant this is a bad idea...[:)]

blackdevil0742
August 4, 2004, 9:04 pm
This sounds really nice. The game would be much more interesting and it would be funnyer. This is the best suggestion iv'e ever seen in the forum.

Hitman131
August 4, 2004, 9:07 pm
Ya I agree it probably wont be included as a default mode mainly due to the main theme soldat has right now. If soldat ever implimented more modes like this then I think it would be alot of fun to be included

Yin_Starrunner
August 4, 2004, 9:25 pm
if michal released the source code we could get some mad-awesome modder to do it....

but it wont be included by michal, well prolly not

DeMonIc
August 4, 2004, 10:57 pm
IF some advanced modding could be done..(like source code released as stated above) ...then I would prolly play it.But this is really soldat, and not avp..you get the picture.But nice idea, keep em coming ^^

Marine
August 4, 2004, 11:16 pm
Very interesting idea. I like it!

Hitman131
August 5, 2004, 12:36 am
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIc
IF some advanced modding could be done..(like source code released as stated above) ...then I would prolly play it.But this is really soldat, and not avp..you get the picture.But nice idea, keep em coming ^^

I know what your saying, but the reason I sugested this is that I think features from avp in the soldat engine would be really different from either game (in a good way)

Yin_Starrunner
August 5, 2004, 12:41 am
If michal released the source code, then it would still be the soldat engine.

Besides, it could be further customized with new weapons and such.

You could make it to where the three species have different weapons.

Blah blah blah....

papasurf31
August 5, 2004, 1:12 am
Chance of this ever happening in Soldat: -1000000000000000%

Cool idea though. It's fun to dream, isn't it?

Hitman131
August 5, 2004, 1:18 am
probably not THAT low. What if michal reads this and likes the idea?

The Geologist
August 5, 2004, 3:39 am
What if gold drops out of my rectum? I'd imagine the odds are roughly equal

Hitman
August 5, 2004, 3:43 am
LMAO!

Dathker
August 5, 2004, 4:38 am
omg hitman can you say... copyrighted?

Psyl3ntShad0w
August 5, 2004, 4:56 am
OT - Props to The Geologist, that was gold. ROFLMAO.

Ehh...seems a bit complicated to impliment into Soldat, only because of the various races that require special tweaking. I'm sure we'd get balance threads on how Alien < Predator < Soldier or something like that...and how the Soldier is unbeatable because he can fly and gets ubar cool weapons...etc etc...

systemfeind
August 5, 2004, 7:18 am
omg v_v daydreamers

AerialAssault
August 5, 2004, 9:41 am
i acually like this idea, but the predator should be invisible all the time just like the predator pickup bonus. and thinking about the movie, predator is gonna pwn those aliens

karmazonpl
August 5, 2004, 10:06 am
thinking about comics, aliens are gona own predators

Smeep
August 5, 2004, 10:33 am
quote:Originally posted by Hitman131
In 2 days Ill probably look back at this topic and wonder wtf I was on when I thought of this but I just tried the game and thought it would be... different to have in soldat so Ill just throw it out there. The marines would remain as the normal average soldat with access to all the guns. The alien would be extra fast and durable but not have any weapons (in otherwords a really lethal fist that could be modeled after its little mouth shooting out thing), would also beable to run up walls and ceiling but only for a limited time to replace jet pack. (wall walking time equivilent to jet pack time maybe?) Predators would be fairly fast but not as fast as aliens. They would beable to jump extra high (ever see the movie or play game youll se what I mean) to replace jet pack and have access to weakish ranged weapons and powerful melee weapons. Also a very limited cloaking ability that is similar to the predator pick up already available. This would not affect the normal game at all so please give me serious feed back and not just "no" or "it would ruin soldat" Id rather have balancing sugestions or constructive critism. Thanks.

Don't mean to sound like a grinch, but my idea of a sticky mode could have lead to this, if people had thought about it instead of doing as you say, "just saying "no"" yet my idea got downed.

blackdevil0742
August 5, 2004, 11:49 am
It's not the same thing your idea was stupid.

Element_101
August 5, 2004, 12:45 pm
This idea is related to the movie right?

Yin_Starrunner
August 5, 2004, 3:09 pm
or the game. or the comics.

Speaking of the movie, I think the humans will win, even though we are FAR onferior to the predators (not sure about the aliens, heh). Its gonna be the same stupid kind of ending as Freddy vs. Jason. Either both species are gonna survive, or the humans are gonna find a way to blow them both up.

bucky_brad
August 5, 2004, 3:26 pm
Yeh i think this idea could be fun, but i doubt that it will ever be put in soldat. Although you have to remeber michal is an arnie fan, and he was in Predator1.

Deleted User
August 5, 2004, 3:27 pm
Why always alien vs. predator? Why not like monkey vs. a lol. Or something.

The Geologist
August 5, 2004, 6:20 pm
Now that's one the whole family can enjoy. Even little Billy. Besides...my vote goes with the predators on pwning everyone. Even little Billy.

kilroy1501
August 7, 2004, 1:47 am
gets me thinking wtf you were on too

NuZZ
December 6, 2004, 8:29 am
Heh i made alien vs predator map so it could fit even more!
had to say that :)

DT
December 6, 2004, 3:20 pm
*Cough* what about the humans

NuZZ
December 6, 2004, 11:51 pm
Humans are sh!t... Even know they won in teh movie... >_<
Maybe like a rebelion that is enemy to both :)

Vijchtidoodah
December 7, 2004, 12:37 am
This is a great idea that would need some serious thought and balancing. Unfortunately, since Michal has stated that he won't release the source due to hackers and the like, he would be the one stuck with doing a [IMAGE]load of work.

But who says he won't like the idea and try?

...as an aside, Bucky, what did you say about him being in Predator 1? Was he really or are you just pulling my leg?

diediedie119
December 8, 2004, 8:46 pm
[quote] This is a great idea that would need some serious thought and balancing. Unfortunately, since Michal has stated that he won't release the source due to hackers and the like, he would be the one stuck with doing a load of work.

But who says he won't like the idea and try?

...as an aside, Bucky, what did you say about him being in Predator 1? Was he really or are you just pulling my leg?[\qutoe]
yes true but its a nice idea

Marine
December 8, 2004, 10:55 pm
He meant Arnold Schwarzenegger (aka "arnie) was in Predator one...Not Michal.

Krieg
December 9, 2004, 6:33 pm
it would be fun, but it would be way to hard for michal.
but i do have some ideas about strenths and weaknesses
HUMAN
pros-
good guns, 90 health
cons-
guns recoil, unable to carry alien/predator weapons
ALIEN
pros-
good melee damage, 160 health
cons-
slow, 1 ranged weapon
PREDATOR
pros-
40% invis (constant), high melee damage, fast, regenerates (1 health per 2 seconds)
cons-
cannot use human guns, 50 health

my ideas, like it or not

Messiah
December 10, 2004, 12:07 am
Isnt Michal a huge Predator fan lol, but dont change it please! i like it the way it is ;( Maybe make another game? Whats Predator in polish?

NuZZ
December 10, 2004, 6:23 am
Lol... Yeah Michal is an Arnold fan, this looks liek a job for Ouden :)

Vassili_Zaitsev
December 20, 2004, 10:15 am
this is an awsome idea

it could be a mode, or something

i lyke it!

Liquid Metal
December 21, 2004, 1:27 am
Don't forget that aliens are good at stealth and have acid blood

Judge_Man
December 21, 2004, 5:33 am
Uh... Whats the point of making such a mode? Go buy & play Alien Vs Predator 1-2...

Vassili_Zaitsev
December 21, 2004, 6:38 am
coz AvsP costs money :P
i think its a 'cute' idea...sounds like a bit of harmless fun for soldat
thats what soldat needs, some silly modes where you can just mess around!

Judge_Man
December 21, 2004, 6:48 am
Cmon... if you wanna play AvP so badly, buy AvP 1, it's old and it must cost like... 20 bucks, not more..maybe less

ThE_cHeAt
December 25, 2004, 1:57 am
Cool idea. I like the idea of basing it on the Alien and Predator movies. It would be cool having all those extra features and everything, but it would be a hell of a lot of work trying to get all those features worked into the game. For now, i would say maybe, because you need some serious thought into making new features as drastic as this.

Skizz0rz
December 25, 2004, 1:03 pm
i actually like this idea. some of the other ones have been just...idiotic, but this one actually COULD work if anyone could have the time to do it. its VERY funny to read these forums...ROFLCOPTER!