( search forums )
Anyone else going to Western Washington University
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Social Poison
August 5, 2004, 5:36 pm
I'm moving to Bellingham Washington in September. It's about an hour and a half to two hour drive north of Seattle, and about half an hour south of the Canadian border.

I was just curios if any other Soldats go to WWU (or Whatcom Community College... that'd work too :p)

?
August 5, 2004, 5:43 pm
No

Psyl3ntShad0w
August 5, 2004, 7:59 pm
Ehh...thats right...you live in the northwest as well huh?? Flanagan's old clan. Right...

Yeah...umm...I probably won't go to Western, I'm leaning towards UW.

Social Poison
August 5, 2004, 8:18 pm
Ah that's right... I remember you bein' a local Seattle guy.

I thought about going to UW. But I did two years at Bellevue Community College first and got my AAS. and if you're leaning toward UW you probably know that they canceled the direct transfer agreement with the local commmunity colleges. And frankly I don't have th 3.75 GPA or whatever the average transfer student has going into UW.

Psyl3ntShad0w
August 5, 2004, 8:34 pm
Do you know if canceling the direct transfer agreement affects running start students too? Hmmm I have some friends that currently go to BCC...

Social Poison
August 5, 2004, 10:14 pm
Yes it does. Here's the full thing on what happens:

When you go to a Community College for 2 years, you get your AA or AS or AAS degree. All of these are considered "direct transfer" for Washington universities. So essencially by having a AAS or whatever you are considered a junior with all of your General University Requirments completed. This is cool cuz it saves money.

Well... part of that deal is you are automatically accepted to the university you want to go to. Be it WSU, UW, WWU whatever. Well, UW as you know is really crowded, so they said the DTA no longer will get you in for sure. Shame really...

But, UW:Tacoma and Bothel both still accept DTAs.

Psyl3ntShad0w
August 6, 2004, 12:20 am
Bothel is good if you want a CIS major or what not I hear, I should've gotten my AA, AS, or AAS degree, but I wasn't thinking, so I don't have enough credits to get them by the time I graduate HS.

Social Poison
August 6, 2004, 2:40 am
meh, the fact that you have any credits is a good deal.

Which CC did you get the credits through? You should consider finishing up and getting the AAS from there before transfering to UW. It's worth a shot if you've got a decent GPA.

And yea... you're right... Bothel is pretty much a comp sci school.

Psyl3ntShad0w
August 6, 2004, 3:20 am
i went through shoreline community college...north of north seattle community college...i should have roughly 60 credits by the time i graduate highschool...

i think my college GPA is somewhere around 3.79 or so...meh

Snowden
August 7, 2004, 2:50 pm
Hey Social Poison. I'm going to BCC this fall. After the 2 years I want to transfer to the UW. But if that doesn't work out I'll probably be forced to transfer to Western like you. My friend has close to a 4.0 GPA but he chose Western over University of Washington, so he's going there next year...

gi.joe
August 7, 2004, 10:49 pm
im going to UCBerkley!

woo

Psyl3ntShad0w
August 9, 2004, 3:57 pm
woah snowden is a fellow washingtonian...i had no idea...

Social Poison
August 9, 2004, 6:10 pm
hehe

BCC's an awsome school dude, have a good time. I'll probably have graduated by the time you hit Western though ;)

Psyl3ntShad0w
August 9, 2004, 6:40 pm
snowden, what hs did you go to before you graduated?

wormdundee
August 9, 2004, 8:56 pm
yay, SP will be closer to me...uh...yeh

anyways, hope you do good there

Captain_Jimbo
August 15, 2004, 9:46 am

Woah, that's kind of eerie, I'm actually heading up to Bellingham here pretty soon and am looking forward to WWU. Never thought the two guys I hated the most lived so close to me.

Lol, jk. It's actually pretty interesting, never would have guessed, really.