( search forums )
Help me find batteries!! - For netcar
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
FliesLikeABrick
August 5, 2004, 11:30 pm
some of you are familiar with the NetCar project I am working on, for those of you who are not, click the bottom link in my sig, as well as http://netcar.u13.net

I need help finding or making a battery pack (from smaller batteries) that can provide me with 12 volts at 4 amps for an hour and a half, aka 6Amp-Hours.

quick lesson in circuits:
putting 2 or more batteries in series adds the voltage of the batteries, but will not increase the AH rating of the system. So if i have 2-6v 1AH batteries and i put them in series, i will effectively have 1-12v 1AH battery..

putting 2 or more batteries in parallel adds the current (Amps) of the system. So if i take 2-12v batteries at 1AH each, they will be combined in parallel and output 12v 2AH.

You can combine both series and parallel together, allowing you to build a 12v-6AH battery system out of numerous 6v 1AH batteries. more specicically 12 of them.

I need to find a site where i can get a 12v 6ah battery, or make one using the methods above, attempting to keep the price as low as possible, preferably not above $150, much rather under 100.

NiCd- Nickel Cadmium batteries are ok, but i would prefer Ni-MH (nickel metal hydride) as they are lighter and provide more AH for the buck.

Your help is now enlisted... help!
-Brick

Captain RibMan
August 6, 2004, 5:16 am
been to walmart yet?