( search forums )
Timeline Project Level 1 - Lexington Complete!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Leo Da Lunerfox
August 6, 2004, 12:03 am
Single Player Map

Well, it took me a long while to get this done, but here it is finally. I have to thank Soulsnipa for um....doing not much, but something, Droopy for Shading, and Elephant Hunter for helping with the construction of the map. Special thanks to M@ and Freeze for beta testing.

Name: Ctf_Lexington
Type: Capture the Flag/Guardian mode
Waypointed: Yes
Recommanded players: 3 to 6

Objective: Stop the British Soldiers from capturing your Ammo Depot, until they are safely hidden away.

Rules of play:

Easy: Add 2 minutes to the Timelimit for each Human player, and 2 Bots for each Human player.

Medium: Add 3 Minutes to the Timelimit for each Human player, and 3 Bots for each Human player.

Hard: Add 4 Minutes to the Timelimit for each Human player, and 4 Bots for each Human player.

Players must NOT capture the flag at all times, the victory is void when a player captures.

Installation

1. Unzip the zip (Yeah i know you did it already :P)
2. Put all the files in their respective folders.
3. Start up Soldat, choose the map (You don't have to bring any bots yet)
4. Go on Red team
5. Type in /addbot2 (Bot name), I've included a special bot for the level, so it is recommanded that you type in /addbot2 British Soldier
6. To set the timelimit, type in /timelimit (Number)
7. type in /restart, and have fun.

The instructions are also included on the map, download link is here:
http://ultimate13.dynu.com:6080/host/sml/index.php?p=data/mapinfo&id=38&type=omaps

Some Screenshots of the map:

This is where the British Soldiers start at:
[file]British_Boat.jpg,6598,,0[/file]

First line of Defense, but very fragile
[file]Barnhouse.jpg,6598,,0[/file]

Wooden watch tower:
[file]Wooden_Tower.jpg,6598,,0[/file]

A small house that lies in the suburbs of the city.
[file]Suburbs.jpg,6598,,0[/file]

A big building that is on the top of the hill
[file]Mansion.jpg,6598,,0[/file]

The church tower that Paul Revere lit his torch on:
[file]Church_Tower.jpg,6598,,0[/file]

The main section of the city
[file]Main_Houses.jpg,6598,,0[/file]

Last line of defense, flag is also here.
[file]Ammo_Depot.jpg,6598,,0[/file]

I have created special bots for the level, and it is also included in the zip folder.

There is only 3 small custom scenaries in the whole map, and if you already downloaded the SML Mappack,then all you have to do is extract the map and the bots.

Deleted User
August 6, 2004, 9:10 am
Looks quite good. I'll download it later.

Yin_Starrunner
August 6, 2004, 11:10 am
i must say, at first i was skeptical. But now that i see this, i can tell this project will be very nice when complete.

My only complaint is the spawn points. It was amazing the first time i played through. It seemed that after the britons had taken a key position, i was spawning more to the back. there were 50 secs left, then i accidentily capped the flag. The second time, they were advancing, and i spawned way behind them, so i had to try to chase them down. they won with 3 secs remaining. damn britons.

Are there waypoints for friendly bots 2? guess ill find out....

EDIT: LMFAO, dont even try playing with friendly bots. they go straight for the flag. BTW, im really interested in playing this coop, or even against each other! will anyone host this map?

systemfeind
August 6, 2004, 11:59 am
the wooden watching tower owns with his 3d leetness :) really good work

DeMonIc
August 6, 2004, 12:42 pm
Man, looks cool!
Really good job.
(I only dislike the buildings, too white or plain for me I guess :D)

Soulsnipa
August 6, 2004, 2:49 pm
Forgot to add me to the credits! lol...good job

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 6, 2004, 8:21 pm
Lol, ok soul, I'll add you to the credits, even though all you did was the ship, but still you did something to help. I'm hoping that this would be added to the U13 Server, so people can play on it co-op, I tell you, it is AMAZING to play Co-op on this map, since I beta test, I usually get 2 or 3 people to Co-op with me, and it is very fun to drive those British Back, (For extra fun, Add in a Zombie or two, it creates a Melee combat feel to the game), lol, many a times have i stood there holding them off, only to have a zombie slice my head off...

Yin_Starrunner
August 7, 2004, 5:14 am
hey co-op should be a new game mode, but im not gonna post it in the suggestions forum lest i get flamed to hell...

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 7, 2004, 7:27 am
yeah, if i get to finish this Project, I'll email Micheal and ask him to add the maps in as a new game mode i guess. Our next project starts on Monday, ctf_Gettysburg (Civil War) will be next. Now, i need your opinions: Do you guys want this map to be an Attack map, or a defend map?

Unlucky 13
August 7, 2004, 8:20 am
beaut! i love it! specially the boat (gj soul) and yeah! gj l_d_l, droopy and el_hunter as well

Yin_Starrunner
August 7, 2004, 3:40 pm
im not sure l_d_l, but you should definately change reds waypoints =P unless its attack, then change blue waypoints.

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 7, 2004, 9:25 pm
Actually, there is no Red waypoint, because I want this to be a pure Guardian map, thats why there is no waypoints for the red team, since your not supposed to use bots for red

Yin_Starrunner
August 8, 2004, 5:01 am
awwwww damn u

Cookie.
August 10, 2004, 9:59 pm
Best Boat Ever :)

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 11, 2004, 3:33 am
Thx Cookie, that was helpful. I think I'm gonna start working on that Gettysburg map now...

kkazican
August 11, 2004, 3:54 am
Yes I love the boat, wooden lookout tower, and tower that paul revere lit the lanterns from. gj

CHE_guevara
August 11, 2004, 2:57 pm
I like Your maps, But what is this Interface???(on your screens)

blackdevil0742
August 11, 2004, 3:10 pm
Looks awsome!!!
*downloading*

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 11, 2004, 9:22 pm
Its this old WWII mod that someone made a long time ago, i think it was in the 1.1.5 versions.

Figgy17
September 4, 2004, 9:54 pm
thats class, i say att map,:)

Zeppelin_Chile
September 5, 2004, 6:25 pm
is only one map????

Leo Da Lunerfox
September 5, 2004, 8:07 pm
This topic is only about Lexington, the first map of the series that I'm currently making. Check out my sig to learn more about the Timeline project.

SigHunter
October 7, 2004, 3:29 pm
looks nice, downloading,
maybe when soldat becomes modable one day
you could make a "timeline" mod which is singleplayer
whereu have to complete these maps? :>

Toumaz
October 7, 2004, 3:31 pm
Very nice map!
Will download it later, though.

SigHunter
October 7, 2004, 10:05 pm
kk, tested it, 1on4 defending is too hard imho :>
1 kill 2 and die, the enemys run at the flag and i spawn near their base :(
but more players would be funny imho :>
or fewer bots

Leo Da Lunerfox
October 8, 2004, 1:18 am
I find that using the Minimi and Knife works the best. Also, 1 v 4 is on hard differculty (Even I can't beat that every time) Try it on normal (3), or easy (2) I'll host a server that plays Flashback, Lagrange, and Lexington every Friday

CamBot
December 24, 2004, 6:23 am
The link doesn't work.

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 24, 2004, 6:56 am
Okay, will fix it tomorrow, thanks for telling me, I'll also find a new host for the pics.