( search forums )
Idea. Bases and artillery and stuff. !READ!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
August 6, 2004, 1:44 pm
I just thought of something. Maybe in the new version of soldat there could be artillery guns on new maps specially made for that. Like a big map and 2 artillerys for each team. Every gun needs to be operated by atleast 1 man. The shells could hurt both teams even if FF turned off to make it fair. Also some kind of new team based stuff would be cool like bases more important. Somekind of new mode where both teams have big destryable bases bases with artillery and MG's. Where both teams have an item inside the base that shouldn't get destryed. The whole base can't go down with only artillery so there needs to be offensive sides too. Confusing? I think so but think about this...

The Geologist
August 6, 2004, 7:16 pm
Doesn't sound confusing...sounds like nonsense. No offense, but your idea sounds like a cumulation of other ideas, one of which is mine. There are already stat guns, so why bring in these new guns? As for destoryable features, do a search. All this sounds like is CTF or INF with bases you can blow up and an extra gun or two.

Marine
August 6, 2004, 8:32 pm
MGs? MGs=Stat guns.

An artilery stat...hmm....how would that work?

I don't think so, though..

Hitman131
August 6, 2004, 8:42 pm
there is an artillary trick to launch nades long distances.

Dark_Noddy
August 7, 2004, 1:07 am
"there is an artillary trick to launch nades long distances." In Red alert mebbe ? lol

anyways... I say 20 thumbs down on this 1 :O
Sorry M8.. I hate the SGs as they are.. ARTILERY opens a whole new world of freakin N00b spamming/camping and the FF no matter what thingie... There are some Jackasses that actually get a kick out of killing theier team.. Sick Buggers.. Prolly [:-censored]ing while killing Soldat ^^ Eeeew ! I'm Tierd ! hehe NN.. Bottom line:

____BAD IDEA____

kevith
August 7, 2004, 2:18 am
quote:Originally posted by Dark_Noddy
"there is an artillary trick to launch nades long distances." In Red alert mebbe ? lol"
Sorry... but Hitman131 is right. I'll look for the link.

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 7, 2004, 3:18 am
no need, all you need to do is place a poly that is Only bullets Collide, throw a nade in, and boom, you've got artillary.

Deleted User
August 7, 2004, 3:26 am
who'd want to run into a hail of shells from both sides when they could just blow [:-censored] up from a distance? you have this and you'll have given all the campers another way of pissing everyone off.

Vassili_Zaitsev
August 8, 2004, 11:17 am
i like the idea...i think he means if there is a specific game mode for artillary included...
this nade in2 bullets only collies...gotta trry it ;)

Element_101
August 8, 2004, 12:16 pm
Just dosn't seem like something soldat should... have.

Alamo
August 8, 2004, 6:09 pm
Most of these ideas have been suggested already and proven bad.

Smeep
August 8, 2004, 6:19 pm
I like the Idea. To really "prove" it bad, you gotta test it out first. Opinion is one thing, fact is another. It'd just be another mode, in which if you don't want to play against campers, you don't have to. It's that simple. Besides, If there was artillery for both sides, camping would be foolish because you'd just kill eachother easy.

Vassili_Zaitsev
August 9, 2004, 8:51 am
Smeep is right, campers VS campers would cancel eachother out.
anyway, i want artilary for my new map!
jome maps just seem perfect for it, some just wouldnt work.
i think if we have a whole different game mode for it, it just might work
worth a pilot run anyhoo! lots of people are suggesting it, most of them in the minority so far, but i say test it.

Smeep
August 9, 2004, 4:00 pm
quote:Originally posted by Vassili_Zaitsev
Smeep is right

*chokes on his dentures* (well... My dental stitches... whichever) Some one agreed with me! lol.

If you were thinking of artilary, I do see a problem, or rather, a choice that must be made. Would it be "powerable" e.g. Hold and Release, hold long for more power, Or would it be a matter of angle's only? and have no power, just have to aim up and down.

The first of the two would prolly be better because at least some skill would be needed to fire it. And on the maps with Artillery on, you could prolly have some kinda wind factor... But that would be awkward to program i think.

DeMonIc
August 9, 2004, 4:59 pm
Look, we already have artillery, and bases.Check out the mapmaker.y implement something that we already have?

Smeep
August 9, 2004, 7:43 pm
I really gotta download that. Artillery like how? and the reason why, is because it means people don't gotta download other people's maps in order to play using artillery against each other.

Vassili_Zaitsev
August 11, 2004, 7:52 am
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIc
Look, we already have artillery, and bases.Check out the mapmaker.y implement something that we already have?

hey i make maps, there is no "artilary" in the map maker...if you mean the stationary turret, then you are on a tottaly differeny topic m8.
i would like to see of it would work.
...wait a minute...did you say we DO have artilary? where??? how???
i dont think you are playing soldat m8.

kevith
August 11, 2004, 11:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by Leo Da Lunerfox
. . . all you need to do is place a poly that is Only bullets Collide, throw a nade in, and boom, you've got artillary.

Svirin Kerath
August 12, 2004, 1:06 am
quite literally, 'BOOM' indeed.

Smeep
August 12, 2004, 10:14 am
quote:Originally posted by kevith
. . . all you need to do is place a poly that is Only bullets Collide, throw a nade in, and boom, you've got artillary.

Hmm, I think that we are talking more long distance artillery though.

kevith
August 12, 2004, 7:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by Smeep
quote:Originally posted by kevith

Hmm, I think that we are talking more long distance artillery though.
Trust me... so are we.

Vassili_Zaitsev
August 13, 2004, 5:54 am
dude enbough with the stupidly long quotes lol
but how? how can u throw a nade in2 a bullets only collides polygon and get an artilary effect? it dosnt work for me!

kevith
August 13, 2004, 7:55 am
Well, I could care less how long the quote is as long as it is understood which comment I am referring to... besides that was not a "long quote" by any stretch of the imagination. ;)

To answer your question, the poly needs to be in the shape of a triangle.

AND... I found the thread where this was made public knowledge: ctf_Gunfire (usable field guns, BOT support) by Chakapoko Maker.