( search forums )
ctf_Glengarry ----namechange of ctf_Castle-----
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
partisan
August 6, 2004, 2:08 pm
this is my first map, it took one month to make this map and after german release i had to fix many things.
On this way thanks to grand diablo and perry, who helped to fix camping places and bumpy polygons.

name: ctf_Glengarry
mode: ctf
botwaypoints: yeah
custom scenery: none
custom texture: none
ways: 3
download link: http://soldat.inkompetent.org/maps/ctf_Glengarry/ctf_Glengarry.zip

pics:

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

more pics under: http://soldat.inkompetent.org/maps/ctf_Glengarry/

Darksider
August 6, 2004, 2:16 pm
Oh my goodness!

That map super awsm! (awsm = awsome, for newbies) The so well balaced scenery is making me feel...happy. [:D]

Somekinda virus is on this forum. People actually starting making good maps! The best of this that the newbies are better these days!

Ohh boy, that's a must dl map for me. [^]

DeMonIc
August 6, 2004, 2:19 pm
Cool, but ur shading is odd..
nice work for a first map...

Aquarius
August 6, 2004, 2:29 pm
I like the shading, it looks... soft. The polygon trees are cool.

GJ!

Soulsnipa
August 6, 2004, 3:28 pm
In the overview, I have to agree it looks "soft" and "clear"

Dathker
August 6, 2004, 5:33 pm
hey preettty good..id tell you now that they are better than soouls lol

Hercule Poirot
August 6, 2004, 5:58 pm
nice "girly" map :P

oh btw i think there is already map called ctf castle by enjoyincubus :/

Soulsnipa
August 6, 2004, 6:11 pm
yes there is, in the U13 mappack. Anywho...We all have our own styles Dath ;)

But I never make linear maps like that...my maps usually always arent planned and turn out funky and different.

The Geologist
August 6, 2004, 7:19 pm
I definately like it...currently DLing, but from what I can see in the pics it looks to be a pretty fun type of map. Keep it up!

Marine
August 6, 2004, 8:44 pm
Awesome!

partisan
August 7, 2004, 3:02 pm
i found the other map ctf_castle. :(

should i change the name? and to what? ctf_chateau - but its no chateau.

Yin_Starrunner
August 7, 2004, 3:29 pm
doesnt look lite its a castle either. lol. good map anyway

kkazican
August 7, 2004, 8:26 pm
Nice!

Yeah that doesn't look like much of a castle or anything that i can think of off the top of my head so good luck with the name.

Timmy
August 7, 2004, 9:18 pm
This is the best ctf custom map I have ever seen. Well the look of the map is balanced. But I would add some interesting scenery. But it looks good.
But what is rare on this map are the ways. They are all VERY good. The upper is good. Only bad thing on the middle way is the castle itself. It is because you can get stuck in it and the way through is too narrow. I would make a ruin from the castle to make one side lower than the other and so people could pass above it. But the best way is probably the lowest. It is made for fighting. It isnt too small and it is really good. But I think the both bases are too large. Too much free place there fro me, but this is only my opinion :)

Well I think that if any map could be in the ESL or in the next version of Soldat than this is there now :p.

Timmy

Deleted User
August 7, 2004, 9:36 pm
I totaly agree with Timmy - this Map is just wonderful! The ways are interesting, so you can escape with the flag on upper one or you go down and hide behind the `flying` isles OR you go the middel way, which is very dangerous cause there are no places to get ride of opponents bullets, but you are save when you`ve passed the castle. And it`s a nice castle!
I don`t think that you should change the name!

Map will pwn on ESL! ;P

Vassili_Zaitsev
August 8, 2004, 9:49 am
its a very nice map, well done...just one question, how did you make it so symetrical? just painstaking hours of labout with the grid on? dude good effort...a little to 'simple' for me but i can appreciate it
very good.

SigHunter
August 8, 2004, 10:35 am
@ parti, nice work, realy, looks nice

@ Vasili, just mark every Poly (in the noobish editor with ALT) and then copy, paste them and klick MIRROR... :> then place them on the right possition.

SERIAL KILLeR
August 8, 2004, 11:00 am
Nice map, good shading and layout.

partisan
August 9, 2004, 11:09 am
i decided to change the name cos of the other map ctf_Castle. so the new nick is ctf_Glengarry.

Glengarry is a scotish castle and the landscape around this area. I think it fits. :D

at this way i fixed the right bridge. now, it has less bumpy polygons. http://soldat.inkompetent.org/maps/ctf_Glengarry/ctf_Glengarry.zip

so that it my last fix. thx to all who helped me and enjoy this map. :)

i make a new map if they map maker has some comfortable functions and less bugs.

Vassili_Zaitsev
August 13, 2004, 6:08 am
is that how you spell Glengarry?
ah whatdya know, you do learna new thing every day! lol
good map :)

Inquisitor
August 14, 2004, 2:44 pm
nice map. keep it up.
but these colors. *kotz* scheisse. look at the official maps and steal some better ones.

grand_diablo
August 14, 2004, 4:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by Inquisitor
nice map. keep it up.
but these colors. *kotz* scheisse. look at the official maps and steal some better ones.

Could've said it in a nicer way. And I doubt you can steal colours, as this map has pretty much its own style. o_O

Btw. Glengarry made it into the ESL and can be played in ESL CTF matches now.

blackdevil0742
August 14, 2004, 6:43 pm
I like the map it has it's own style.

Deo
August 21, 2004, 1:03 pm
OMG!![:-bigeyes] This map is great! Ways are great waypoints are great everything in this map are great! [:D] It would be cool to play this map in multiplayer mode.

KnOt
August 22, 2004, 11:08 pm
Gameplay looks very good. A job well done.

loOke
August 24, 2004, 11:15 am
very nice map [:P]

Psyl3ntShad0w
August 25, 2004, 6:36 pm
Mm...cool. Reminds me of ctf_b2b. You should make a smaller version too.