( search forums )
Repeated connections on server (was: CHEATER)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Iceciro
August 7, 2004, 10:21 pm
[:-censored]ing cheaters... Has anyone else noticed the new hack.cheat where someone repeatdly joins an internet game and disconnects, resulting in the rather annoying effect of him only being ther half the time? I want to strangle people who do this... and it clears out good servers as fast as anything ive ever seen.

Social Poison
August 7, 2004, 10:27 pm
That's just a bug, I think.

b00stA
August 7, 2004, 10:35 pm
Yes, it's a bug, not a cheat.
If it was a cheat, this topic would be against the rules.

As far as I know this happens when there's one slot free, two people join in a very short time span and one guy gets stuck in the free-cam mode.

palloco
August 7, 2004, 10:38 pm
No, when you are in free cam mode u are stopped. But when this happens the player reconnecting is playing correctly, you can solve the problem rejoining the server.

Iceciro
August 7, 2004, 10:39 pm
dude, its ONE guy that joins and leaves very fast, and his actual soldat body is there half the time, but he gets to move around the screen like normal. Its really really annoying in CTF when he "phases out" right as you fre a barret at him, blows you away and steals the flag. I'll try to get a screenie.

Liber_Lupus
August 7, 2004, 10:59 pm
Just rejoin and the bug is gone... -_-

Weed
August 7, 2004, 11:05 pm
3 people here, with lots of experience, already told you. its not a cheat/hack, its a bug. it happens sometimes.
you could rejoin, mostly when it happens you are the only one to see it too.

Unlucky 13
August 8, 2004, 6:46 am
i just let it go, or, if i am admin (which i cant now), i kik sme hi pingers. that usually works

kevith
August 9, 2004, 12:57 am
Just to reinforce the obvious... this is a bug. It has happened to me before (and many others I imagine). Another solution to your problem of missing him with your barret because he disappears: Use a different weapon. ;)

NightCabbage
August 10, 2004, 12:41 am
quote:Originally posted by palloco
No, when you are in free cam mode u are stopped. But when this happens the player reconnecting is playing correctly, you can solve the problem rejoining the server.

bing, correct.

rain_fin
August 13, 2004, 12:17 pm
Ok listen guys.. Sry about this thing but i founded that bug.I call it O.}A{.B = Operation Angel Bug
It's not a hack. I founded this when I were trying my new color fit. It's easy to make if you know some things. Like you have to be no name,right taunts and things like that! I was thinking that i may tell about this to Michael!

Edit: It's working only in det servers,normal mode on (so it doesn't work in real mode). And like i say "More Players, More Fun".But I don't use this thing anymore(only then when there is some one cheating).

Deleted User
August 16, 2004, 5:31 am
I'm not sure anyone is reading what icero said:
quote:
dude, its ONE guy that joins and leaves very fast, and his actual soldat body is there half the time, but he gets to move around the screen like normal. Its really really annoying in CTF when he "phases out" right as you fre a barret at him, blows you away and steals the flag. I'll try to get a screenie.

The bug i know is that you keep RESPAWNING back at the spawn point. What he is saying is that the player was able to move around the map and fire as usually but he was "missing" half the time. Correct me if I'm wrong but the responses from the others lead me to believe you are thinking of the bug where people keep respawning, not this.

kevith
August 16, 2004, 3:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by ChunkeyYoda
I'm not sure anyone is reading what icero said:
quote:

The bug i know is that you keep RESPAWNING back at the spawn point. What he is saying is that the player was able to move around the map and fire as usually but he was "missing" half the time. Correct me if I'm wrong but the responses from the others lead me to believe you are thinking of the bug where people keep respawning, not this.
No, the bug we are thinking of is the one where a player moves around the screen but constantly disconnects and reconnects resulting in him only being there about half the time. He does not respawn every time he connects.