( search forums )
What the heck... Everything is huge!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Smeep
August 8, 2004, 6:44 pm
Well, not everything. Here's the deal, I just updated my drivers for my GeForce 4 Mx. And now:

Map is normal size
Soldat's Are mostly invisible
One's that appear are huge
Cursor is huge
Text is huge

I don't want to roll back a driver, because I'm working on stopping my comp blue screening, and I'm slowly getting there, just wondered if there is anything else I can try first?

b00stA
August 8, 2004, 6:46 pm
Disable anti-aliasing.
The exact same thing happened to me.. I updated my nvidia drivers and now I Soldat is messed up when I enable anti-aliasing.

Smeep
August 8, 2004, 10:57 pm
I'll give it a quick shot...

Thanks! That worked. Hopefully the next release will let me re-enable AA, because I'm too used to AA being on I can see the difference.

NightCabbage
August 10, 2004, 12:41 am
You gotta be kiddin me, you can't run AA with Soldat with nVidia cards?

pahahahahahahahaha

so crappeh :P

yay ATI ^^

Smeep
August 10, 2004, 10:45 am
I could run it, just fine. I'm guessing it's just the new driver is screwed up.

systemfeind
August 11, 2004, 9:22 am
thats the reason why i trust my 9800pro ati card even if i get a few frames less in doom3 but in hl2 it will roxx da nvidia

chakapoko maker
August 11, 2004, 4:57 pm
if you use windows, just search "ttfcache" in your system and delete it. then reboot on safe mode. last, normally reboot and it'd be fixed.

NightCabbage
August 17, 2004, 12:37 am
the file 'ttfcache' is the true type font cache, and deleting this won't really help much, except for font issues...

papasurf31
August 17, 2004, 3:33 pm
My crappy "integrated intel grafix card" runs Soldat perfectly on my 700mhz piece of crap (offline). If you have an "OLD" ATi card, problems may raise and people have been commenting on the SE versions of Nvidia cards. Is your card an SE model?