( search forums )
Access violation at address 004E1C78....
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Surfpup
August 9, 2004, 2:24 pm
ok, i was just playing soldat and i joined a game. less than a min. later it said "connection problem" so i left it and joined another one and the same thing happened, but it had the words "Access violation at address 004E1C78 in module 'Soldat.exe'. Read of address 00000000." pop up over and over again so i had to exit the program with task manager. Something similar to this has happened to me b4 i think, and i would like to know why/how to prevent it.

karmazonpl
August 9, 2004, 2:30 pm
check the sticky

damnnation
August 9, 2004, 2:39 pm
yeah i have it to allot it's so stupid especially when i'm just playing a clanwar

Denacke
August 9, 2004, 3:12 pm
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=14013 <-- Please read the stickies; The subject said it all.

Aquarius
August 9, 2004, 3:30 pm
don't use crack

Surfpup
August 9, 2004, 6:07 pm
This isn't the same thing... There's a difference between the error I got and the 0055411E error. Also, im not using any cracks, i haven't even registered soldat yet. Plus, i dont have to do anything the sticky says, soldat works just fine after i end the program and run it again. And on top of that, im sick and tired of getting "connection problem" right after i join a game, making me have to join it again and end up having the number 1 next to my nick. Even though this bug is very minor, it can get REALLY annoying, especially if im in the middle of an important game. I just hope that there will be a fix for this in the future.

Hitman
August 9, 2004, 6:50 pm
It doesn't matter what number it is, it's still an access violation. Follow the instructions in the Sticky.

DeafBox
August 10, 2004, 1:20 am
U might wanna update ur direct X. I had a similar problem which the sticky couldnt solve. Turned out i didnt have direct x installed :|