( search forums )
"The Village" Rant
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Famine
August 9, 2004, 5:33 pm
Okay, not only was the twist ending STUPID and obvious, but when I found out the thing about the beasts that pissed me off...I don't want to give away spoilers to people who want to waste their time, but it sucked

b00stA
August 9, 2004, 6:18 pm
I've never heard of that movie before, but IMDB tells me that M. Night Shyamalan directed and wrote it.

..the same guy who directed and wrote Signs..

so, yeah.

Duke33
August 9, 2004, 6:33 pm
Apparently its crap. I won't know though, I don't plan on seeing it. Bourne Supremacy, I Robot, Manchurian Candidate and some of the other new ones look good though.

Famine
August 9, 2004, 8:02 pm
Bourne Supremacy was awesome...way better then the village

Hitman
August 9, 2004, 9:17 pm
'King Arthur' was a pile of [:-censored]. It's just a huge cliché. When your not watching swords being drawn and held up high with the sun beaming down on them, with that gay *Schwiiiiiiing* sound in the background, it's slow motion close ups of sweaty knights in armour staring at each other, and some other twat on a horse running around shouting "My knights! Today be the day, that here forth..."

Avoid it.

Deleted User
August 9, 2004, 9:38 pm
Thats what i thought it would be. I'll avoid it.

that fuking sniper
August 9, 2004, 9:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hitman
'King Arthur' was a pile of [:-censored]. It's just a huge cliché. When your not watching swords being drawn and held up high with the sun beaming down on them, with that gay *Schwiiiiiiing* sound in the background, it's slow motion close ups of sweaty knights in armour staring at each other, and some other twat on a horse running around shouting "My knights! Today be the day, that here forth..."

Avoid it.

In other words, LOTR: Return of the King was better :)

To tell the truth, when it comes to medieval-style fighting, only The Last Samurai had some good scenes, with the ninjas and the wooden sword training. All the other movies are pieces of crap on that matter.

Spectral
August 9, 2004, 11:09 pm
dude. ruined the movie for me. die.
the premise behind last samurai sounds alittle fishy

kevith
August 10, 2004, 12:04 am
I liked "The Village" and while there are some relatively tense or suspenseful moments, I think that they've been marketing it somewhat deceptively as a scary movie... which it isn't. However, it can provoke some rather interesting discussions if you're looking for something a little deeper than the majority of the other movies out this summer.

karmazonpl
August 10, 2004, 12:27 am
I liked it very much, even though the first plot twist(with the creatures) was very predictable, but the second one was awsome :D
yeah but bourne supremacy was better :)

Famine
August 10, 2004, 12:30 am
yea, but the First plot "twist" still even though I suspected it into a few minutes I got pissed off...

karmazonpl
August 10, 2004, 12:41 am
well the movie wasn't about killing monsters, living in the woods, and raping goats, it was much deeper

Famine
August 10, 2004, 2:35 am
I know, but I came to see a movie possibly dealing with cryptozology. But instead it was a huge disappointment.

Social Poison
August 10, 2004, 2:35 am
Bourne Supremisy sucked a nut.

"I know! We'll make up for poorly coriographed fight scenes by shaking the hell out of the camera! no one will know the difference!"

peemonkey
August 10, 2004, 3:17 am
yea, way too much shaking in supremecy. the beginning (to set him off) was far to predictable.

the village was predictable, but not that bad of a movie. that one scene with brody and that one fool (same guy from signs) was good. :D

AerialAssault
August 10, 2004, 4:21 am
Napoleon Dynamite was the best movie of the summer. it was [:-censored]ing hilarious

Cookie.
August 10, 2004, 4:27 am
I liked the bourne supremacy but the camera shaking blah

Kazuki
August 10, 2004, 7:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stA
I've never heard of that movie before, but IMDB tells me that M. Night Shyamalan directed and wrote it.

..the same guy who directed and wrote Signs..

so, yeah.

Yeah, but just like Kevith and Famine, I went to see it, expecting a horror movie. What is this crap? Signs was one of the best movies out there, and seeing this was a huge dissapointment. M. Night was in one of the scenes, reading a newspaper, towards the end of the movie. They only showed the back of his head, and a reflection in the glass, of his face.

There are some things that I didn't get, like how the creatures traveled so fast and how they growled that way. Yep.

Duke33
August 10, 2004, 11:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by that fuking sniper
To tell the truth, when it comes to medieval-style fighting, only The Last Samurai had some good scenes, with the ninjas and the wooden sword training.
Last Samurai was quite good. I talked to a Japanese friend and she said that all the Japanese (talking) was correct, and everything else was generally right. A good thing, because Hollywood usually screws that up totally (or so it seems...). Seeing the samurai culture, and the conflict between old and new, was the truly interesting part of the movie. Not Tom Cruise, though he did well. Watch this!

Hitman: King Arthur was okay...but I agree with you. Melodramatic as hell.

Spectral
August 11, 2004, 4:59 am
i think foreign languages in hollywood nowadays is pretty solid. i cant think of a movie with chinese in it that was noticeably wrong

Hova
August 11, 2004, 6:43 am
Manchurian Candidate was quite possibly the best movie I ever saw. The acting (Denzel was terrific), and the camera work (lots of up close shots of actors, making them play the role throughly) was amazing.