( search forums )
Weapon placement and Polygon physics
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
kkazican
August 10, 2004, 5:42 am
I think mike should meddle around with the polygons so that people standing on one side of a polygon with a long weapon say a barret and he should be able to stick the barret through the polygon and shoot anyone on the other side. I've seen it exploited way too many times with camping noobs out there in kampf on the blue side. I think if there are polygons that cannot be shot through then a weapon should not be able to pass through it. It makes it unfair for people trying to kill the camper hiding behind an invincible barrier which no bullet can penetrate with the exception of the m79 which will blow the sh*t outta the guy. never the less mike should edit it so that the guns will face down or some sort of different direction instead of through the polygon. or just make it so that whenever you fire through a polygon that you shouldn't be able to fire through the bullet will just not come out or be void.

PS. Sorry if it's unclear I am not very good at speaking my thoughts and i tend to ramble when i do that.

kevith
August 10, 2004, 6:02 am
You meant to say "he shouldn't be able to stick the barret through the polygon..." in the first sentence, right? It is an interesting idea and it might be a nice change. Of course, you learn how to counter them, but it can still be annoying/frustrating.

The Geologist
August 10, 2004, 8:20 am
I agree with him...why the hell should the barreters be shooting through polys if no one else can? They're easy enough to kill, but damn is it annoying.

BManx2000
August 10, 2004, 3:41 pm
How about map makers make the polys thicker?

Psyl3ntShad0w
August 10, 2004, 3:57 pm
haha BManx2000...on kampf im pretty sure you can law from the bottom through that poly as well...so its not much of a benefit to blue as it goes both ways...

kkazican
August 10, 2004, 4:18 pm
Right thanks kevith. But BManx I'm not talking about polygons that soldat players can walk on and finding thin points I'm also talking about the polygon type that will allow soldiers to pass through but not bullets. I do know how to counter them but if there is a camper that knows what he is doing (name that starts with u) then it is increasingly annoying and a big turn off for the server which it is hard to find a good one nowadays.