( search forums )
Custom Weapons Playlist
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Michal
August 10, 2004, 4:40 pm
Ok, my idea is to have many more weapons in soldat. It would always be in the 10+4 format, but the player decides what weapon he/she wants in each slot. There would be a few choices for each slot.

The restriction would be that the weapons would have to be of the same type as the originals. For example:

slot 1: dual pistols
slot 2: SMG
slot 3: assault rifle
slot 4: bullpup rifle
slot 5: shotgun
slot 6: hunting/ bolt-action rifle
slot 7: grenade launcher
slot 8: sniper rifle
slot 9: LMG
slot 10: plane/heli gun

Each player would decide which weapons they want in the PLAYER tab of the menu. Here is an "artist's rendition" of how it would look. [:D]

[IMAGE]

All the weapons would have slightly varied physics such as reload time, power, range, mag size, ROF, but they would do basically the same thing as the originals.

I would like this because you could play with a particular theme, like only American/Russian/German weapons, and other players could see your choices unlike with mods. It would add alot of variation to the game, plus a lot more hardware [8D].

Toumaz
August 10, 2004, 5:08 pm
I don't like this idea.
It would be very hard to implent, almost impossible.

Deleted User
August 10, 2004, 5:31 pm
I would REALLY like to see this. I suggested it ages ago but got no answer.

Deleted User
August 10, 2004, 5:44 pm
Looks quite cool. :)

Hektik Sniper
August 10, 2004, 6:10 pm
i quite like this too, would add more tactics to the game

creamblade
August 10, 2004, 6:24 pm
yer man!! personally id love to see a CTF match with say russians vs germans as opposed to alpha vs beta, and this'd help in that respect.

Noobile
August 10, 2004, 6:44 pm
Word to your mother!

I'm all for it...

The Geologist
August 10, 2004, 8:27 pm
I'm definately for it...could add an interesting twist to a ctf match. If it is possible to do, that is..

Svirin Kerath
August 11, 2004, 12:29 am
i agree. this would fit in well with the different kinds of bots idea. ^_^

Spectral
August 11, 2004, 4:51 am
sounds nice, but doubt michal would want to add so much

blackdevil0742
August 11, 2004, 9:32 am
It sounds nice but i don't think that it's gonna be implended.

Subslider
August 11, 2004, 10:04 am
sound kewl.. but i dont think its gonna be ingame.. id like to see it tough..

systemfeind
August 11, 2004, 10:43 am
one of rare weapon suggestions i like :)

Psyl3ntShad0w
August 11, 2004, 6:53 pm
I think it would be cool...even if it is without variations(stats).

Michal
August 11, 2004, 10:53 pm
I think this would add a new aspect to clans, all members of a certain clan would use the same combination of weapons, or something like that.

Svirin Kerath
August 12, 2004, 12:51 am
yeah... you could finally have an Axis vs. Allies battle!!! =D

Marine
August 12, 2004, 8:18 pm
Pretty awesome. Two thumbs up.

AL3X1C0N
August 12, 2004, 9:14 pm
SUPER GOOD IDEA!!! DO IT!!
i was beginning to find soldat boring cus of the same weapons all the time [:(] but if u do that i will definitly play it allot man

MercyM
August 12, 2004, 9:34 pm
HOLY [:-censored]!!!! Wanna 2 see it in next Soldat

Deleted User
August 12, 2004, 9:42 pm
VERY GOOD!

(And how did you do that to your soldat?[;)])

DannyLB
August 13, 2004, 1:25 am
i like the idea, especially because the new version will have more weapons...

FliesLikeABrick
August 13, 2004, 2:03 am
i hate to break this to all of you, but there is never going to be a change this big to soldat... look at all the past versions and patches, there was never any big changes like this, only little tweaks, and changes like the chat console thing etc.
It's not going to happen, and I would never want to see any big changes to soldat, be it just a cosmetic thing like this or vehicles, or any other big changes.
-Brick

Noobile
August 13, 2004, 4:05 am
Brick's got a point.... wich leads me to a slightly related rhetorical question.... What does that speak for the game's creator, (not wanting to confuse two michal's here) or about the creator's relationship to his players. One can almost hear parts of the community screaming for a change, somthing, anything ( except vehicles....for the love of god, no vehicles). I've never seen fewer players, or sheer lack of public servers. Change comes with everything in life, that is unavoidable, how one chooses to deal with that change, affects the outcome of many situations. (imho) It seems that this community, and the players who arent part, just the casual gamers. are ready. Michal has made a Wonderful game, absolutely one of the single best I've played to date, so don't mis-inturpret this, but somthing needs to change, people are getting bored, and when somone is bored with somthing, do they continue to take part in the activity? no, they find somthing else.....

This could be the answer. It makes nearly everyone happy, it gives those who want it a chance to play with new toys, and tactics, and those who don't wan't it to stick to their tried and true methods, and only suffer a small amount of adaptability, whereas those who would like to see this implimented, and would use it, would have to re-learn, as it were, new weapons, and new tactics/counter-tactics.

Sorry for the length of this, I just kinda needed to get it off my chest.

Svirin Kerath
August 13, 2004, 6:35 am
i, for one, didn't mind. you described it in an eloquent way i could never have : /

Michal
August 13, 2004, 6:01 pm
Very well put Noobile [^]. I do sometimes get bored of the same old guns, so I mod them, but when the novelty wears off it's just the same gun. It would be nice for every gun to have a different feel.

Psyl3ntShad0w
August 13, 2004, 6:29 pm
Weapon balancing. Easier or harder with more weapons...?

This is my opinion...but MOST people use only 1 weapon out of 10 as it is. I've seen entire servers where everyone is using one weapon, and all of them are enabled. If we add more weapons, what makes you think they'll use the other ones? It'd be ALMOST a wasted effort to add so many new guns and have them rarely used...unless it's a weapon that needs to be "nerfed"...in that case I'd rather it wasn't created.

If the changes to weapon statistics includes velocity, rate of fire, clip size, reload time, it would be better. I'd like to see dual uzi...you start with one, and if you come across another you can pick it up...also dual pistols...pick up another socom if you run over one...i think it'd be nice...meh...minor tangent...

Only thing...I'd like to see less sniper rifles, just because I see enough of them as it is. More ruger, deagle, spas type weapons would be nice...I think USAS and dual uzi's would be some nice variation...

DeMonIc
August 13, 2004, 8:22 pm
Though I like the idea, this will happen if implemented:

Xz's weapon list:
1:BARRETT
2:BARRETT
3:BARRETT
4:BARRETT
5:BARRETT
6:BARRETT
7:BARRETT
8:BARRETT
9:BARRETT
10:BARRETT

Michal
August 13, 2004, 9:35 pm

quote:The restriction would be that the weapons would have to be of the same type as the originals. For example:

slot 1: dual pistols
slot 2: SMG
slot 3: assault rifle
slot 4: bullpup rifle
slot 5: shotgun
slot 6: hunting/ bolt-action rifle
slot 7: grenade launcher
slot 8: sniper rifle
slot 9: LMG
slot 10: plane/heli gun

dr.ON
August 16, 2004, 11:40 am
if it will have only 5 slots 4 pirmary and 3 for secondary than it will rule

Unlucky 13
August 16, 2004, 11:53 am
that would make it one of the games with the most weapons! =O 50-60 weapons is huge! grrr! and harder to mod! heh, bugga!

sativa
August 16, 2004, 6:23 pm
I really like this idea michal but only one thing, lots of sniper rifles are bolt action rifles and the m82a1 is a heav anti vehicle rifle, so erhm well my proposition is that this idea would be implanted but with the physics of that gun or you shoudl be able to say that some guns have scopes and some not for example i would like a l96a1 as sniper rifle but it aint so powerfull as the m82a1 totaly not but it's range is like in soldat the same, but i should take it as ruger then but then i would lose scope so a sort of scope section to with ruger and sniper???

Arsenic
August 29, 2004, 3:26 am
Well, this could work with the weapon editor, I guess.

papasurf31
August 29, 2004, 4:37 pm
It'd make modding harder but more fun. It would also let me change the appearance of the weapon i'm using without having to modify the actual files. Almost like a mod changer but not really.

Also, I think it would be cool to be able to choose what type of soldat you wanted.

EX. Lar-dat - slower speed and less jump/jet but can take a few more hits than a normal one.

Sol-dat - self explanatory

Lit-dat - faster and higher jumping/jet but takes 1 ruger shot to kill or something.

Sni-dat- Moves slower than standard, but has improved accuracy when stationary in crouch/prone.

Ram-dat - Has less acuracy than standard but can reload slightly faster.

MJPZX2
August 29, 2004, 5:06 pm
Well if you didnt change the physics or strength of the gun it would just be like a mod. Which you might as well make yourself.
However if your thinking of making adjustments to all the weapons then why not just add 3 new completely different weapons?

Anna
August 30, 2004, 8:10 pm
It's not a bad idea, but this would basically have the same effect of adding more weapons to the weapons list, right? Except you are not able to choose from all of them during play, just the ones you set beforehand.

It would probably be easier to just add more weapons to the list. Either way, though, I don't think it would be too hard to implement. Although that depends on how the code works in the first place.

Also, with more types of guns you would be able to choose more accurate properties for a mod.

(Yay first post [;)])

Deleted User
August 30, 2004, 8:44 pm
the idea is good...
and i think its cool...
but do you know how to do it?

arC
September 5, 2004, 4:45 am
I like this idea.. yet, dont. I'd like it in a sense that there's more variety of weapons to choose, therefore a server wont neccesarily be filled with Barretts all the time. I don't like it in a sense in saying that it ruins Soldat for its uniqueness in weapons. Plus I really can't see Michal Marcinkowski spending alot of time working on this.

MisterX
September 7, 2004, 9:04 pm
Basically a sweet idea. I'd like to see this one ingame. BUT: If there would be 5 weapons for each slot, Michal would have to do a lot of work, wich costs much time. Even if this would be no problem for Michal, another thing would make me more worried: The balance. I don't think too many people think the balance of the weapons at the moment is perfect. Ones don't like autos, other ones don't like Ruger, other ones M79, most of the other ones Barret. 10 weapons and so many problems with the weapon balance. Now imagine if there'd be 50 weapons. For sure they should just have slight differences, but they must be big enough to be noticed. And this would change the balance in a big way. And with so many more weapons, I don't think the balance would really never satisfy more than 50%-60% of all players.

TigerDragon
September 8, 2004, 2:21 am
y does that have 2 b true