( search forums )
Combat Experience
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
SyKot
August 10, 2004, 11:05 pm
Here is an idea, I dunno if anyone said it b4, but I made the search and nothin.

I think we should get experience for killing players, getting flags and stuff. When we reach an "XX" number of experience our units gets some benifits, like a bit more HP, decreased reload time (not cooldown), increased move speed, upgraded jets (their boost is bigger), just some ideas.

P.S.
And plz dont flame, Instead of saying you "f***er this is just sh*t", say why you dont like it why it wouldnt fit in Soldat

Aquarius
August 10, 2004, 11:09 pm
It wouldn't fit because Soldat is not a f***in' RPG.

Duke33
August 10, 2004, 11:16 pm
It has been said before, but the search is crap.

Firstly, there's difficulty with the net code. You'd have to have a database, special logins, and all your special character info would have to be uploaded to the server. Someone who knows about net-code and such can explain more. It'd slow things down, and be difficult.

Secondly, to get more XP you have to be good. And then once you get it you'd get better with those benefits (increased speed, decrease reload, etc) and so therefore would be even more and more good. It would increase exponentially (get it?) until you'd have these superhuman soldats and the game would suck. Join a game and have guys streaking across the map and firing barrets like HKs. No thanks.

Tha Doggfather
August 10, 2004, 11:17 pm
experienced players already have a huge advantage over new players, no need to increase the gap even more.

i say nay.

EDIT: basically what duke said, he just posted a couple of seconds earlier ;)

Liber_Lupus
August 10, 2004, 11:17 pm
Its just woulnt fit..think...mroe experienced players have already high whatever cool skills...its very hard to kill em..so you...new beginner...try to kill him, but you cant, why? Because its impossible due the expierenced guy high level. I have played cs (meh...dont start again) with a wc3 mod...its good until high skilled player comes out and its very hard to kill him.

Meandor
August 11, 2004, 12:24 am
Aquarius, this has nothing to do with RPGs, games like ET have it. The point is that, the skills count only in that match. As in, in every match you start with 0 xp points. Wouldn't work too bad. And the soldiers just get slightly better, so it's not too unbalanced.

that fuking sniper
August 11, 2004, 12:43 am
Soldat has alot to do with anonymity and the ability to do whatever you want under whatever identity you chose to take. The thing about this game is that only experience seperates players from eachother. Every player can look like, be named like, and use whatever weapon like his fellows, skill alone stands as the main differintiation between fellow players (for the perfect example, get 2 players that will use the same weapon, dress the same, and have the same name, only that one has played for only 4 days, while the other several years).

Point is, skill is the one thing that cannot be copeyed among players in Soldat, and I like it that way.

Aquarius
August 11, 2004, 12:56 am
Soldat is a simple and pure action. If you want "skills" play more and you will get REAL skills and experience, ...not some points.

The Geologist
August 11, 2004, 3:09 am
As curious as I am to see the idea in action, I'd have to agree with Duke and his logic. Too bad the search didn't weed this one out. Keep our soldiers on a level playing field.

Spectral
August 11, 2004, 4:48 am
someone, Kazuki I believe, made a soldat RPG...it had a website, though i don't know how it's going anymore. I had a little level thing going where i lvl'd up for every triple kill i got, 2 for multikill, etc. you could do that, but it's just for looking cool..or something.

Dark_Noddy
August 11, 2004, 10:02 am
Nay I say also... Soldat = Fun -> PoW PoW --> Smple joys.. Making it into a damn RPG would just make it more complicated.. When Soldat is as simple as it is, If it would become very compicated.. like a RPG or CS or somthing like that then it would suX.. Cause It would be like CS or W/E With lesser Graphics.. Dont change Soldats Simplicity.. I think many ppl would stop playing it then..

Unlucky 13
August 11, 2004, 10:22 am
tactics and reflexes is the way of soldat, not multi-man "training" as you could call it

Smeep
August 11, 2004, 10:30 am
Hmmm. I'm going to be constructive here. I think that you Idea would work better, if let's say you had ranks. I don't know the ranks, but lets say Soldier, General, Captain. (some one with army experience correct me)

Let's say you kill 5 soldats, without dying, you become general, then 10 you become Captain. Each one could have faster fire rate or something. Then if you get killed, boom you start again. A general could be worth 2 "kills" on the experience (not the kill) list, and a captain could be 3.

So ultimately it's Soldier>5 kill>General>10 MORE kills>Captain.
For every soldier you kill, you get 1 point
Every General = 2 points
Every Captain = 3 points.

systemfeind
August 11, 2004, 10:45 am
quote:Originally posted by Tha Doggfather
experienced players already have a huge advantage over new players, no need to increase the gap even more.

i say nay.

EDIT: basically what duke said, he just posted a couple of seconds earlier ;)

w0rd!

SyKot
August 11, 2004, 2:00 pm
Of course he XP would be 0 at the beggining of each match, and those upgrades would be minimal like 20% more HP. And this would be only once, lets say every level from 1 to 5 he gets an upgrade, all different, after lvl 5 he doesnt get anything.

karmazonpl
August 11, 2004, 2:05 pm
NO !!!!
It's not gonna work

Smeep
August 11, 2004, 6:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by karmazonpl
NO !!!!
It's not gonna work

lol, I love the explanation.

Jap_man
August 12, 2004, 9:04 am
soldat is a 2d shooter and quite a simple one. Why bother making it more complicated?
And anyway it would be TOTALY out of place in soldat as well.

Smeep
August 12, 2004, 10:18 am
Don't see why, I mean you have jet boots for pooping out loud! by the way, I'm not for or against this Idea.

karmazonpl
August 12, 2004, 10:50 am
It's a simple, fast action game, it doesn't need: buying weapon, combat experience, missions, looking around for weapons and ammunition and other [:-censored]ty stuff, it's just pure shooting, and nothing else, and that's why people love it so much, it doesn't have all the bull[:-censored] other games have

Element_101
August 12, 2004, 11:34 am
Maybe when michal finishes makeing versions of soldat and releases the source code, some people can mod it that was every one gets what they want...

brickman
August 12, 2004, 7:21 pm
I'm going to point out why this idea, even if it isn't negative, is still useless. Experience in rpgs represents gaining knowledge of tactics and training your strength. But mostly its becoming faster and smarter through experience. This is only feasible because in a typical rpg the combat is determined mostly by die rolls and decisions. Thus, a person who attains level 30 and starts over at 1 is not going to win against a level 20 because his personal experience doesn't help. But in soldat, everything is player controlled and the very learning that an experience system represents is already there. Just try pitting a person with three years of experience and a minimi against two people with barrets and a week of experience, and see who winds up on top.

DT
August 14, 2004, 9:09 pm
nah..... unless this was like another mode or something...