( search forums )
Bad Packet Sizes?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
reaps
August 11, 2004, 5:08 am
ok, whenever i play online i get multiple "bad packet size" error messages. And it messes with the game, i get extra lag, my ping shoots up and the game chops. if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Weed
August 11, 2004, 5:52 am
download the soldat 1.2 fix patch, it fixes it

Boxo
August 11, 2004, 6:01 am
You have the fix, dont ya? It fixed all bad packet errors.

kevith
August 11, 2004, 7:24 am
Download the fix.

You can get it here.

...and I don't think that's what's making your game choppy ;)

systemfeind
August 11, 2004, 9:21 am
disable the debug mode in the soldat.ini (if its possible)

Dark_Noddy
August 11, 2004, 10:06 am
Click here
And nexttime use Search Function[/url]

Unlucky 13
August 11, 2004, 10:37 am
install the fix

reaps
August 12, 2004, 4:08 am
quote:Originally posted by kevith
Download the fix.

You can get it here.

Yes, that's what was making my game choppy, i know ur not suggesting that it's my comp. shall i give you my specs?

as for using the search function, i used it, and it said that it didn't find anything about packet anything. Smartass

systemfeind
August 12, 2004, 9:06 am
liar? i found houndreds of threads about it

Element_101
August 12, 2004, 11:48 am
Its a problem thats commonly found in CS mostly casued by [:-censored]ty Net connection

reaps
August 12, 2004, 7:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by systemfeind
liar? i found houndreds of threads about it

look, i don't kare what you think. I'm telling you what i saw, i didn't see one single thread about anything related to packets. idk if the search was messed up when i used it, or if my browser just didn't display it right, but i did not see anything.

and as for a [:-censored]ty connection, i have a double T1.

kevith
August 12, 2004, 7:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by reaps
quote:Originally posted by kevith
Download the fix.

You can get it here.

Yes, that's what was making my game choppy, i know ur not suggesting that it's my comp. shall i give you my specs?

as for using the search function, i used it, and it said that it didn't find anything about packet anything. Smartass
It's sometimes difficult to gauge sarcasm and the like in written communication, so I'll give you two alternate replies.

1) If you're being playful... then just download and install the fix. Welcome to the forums. [;)]

2) If you're being pissy, read on:

I'm having trouble seeing how it's our fault you didn't search correctly. I just did a search and found 20 threads about "Bad packet" and another 30 that are archived. Here's a personal favorite from less than a month ago. click

I also don't see how it's our fault that you didn't read the front page of the forums telling you to download the fix.quote:Taken from http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/ (i.e. the front page):
Forum News

http://www.soldat.pl/download.html Soldat 1.2 fix is available. Please download it to solve various problems and to add a better console as a bonus.
Changes:
- fixed lobby server address and servers list downloading
- fixed 'bad packet' debug messages
- fixed random crashing ('decompression failed')
- added '/shutdown' command for server
- added bigger console for messages after pressing the chat key

Well, before the fix was released, everyone had the 'bad packet size' problem you're talking about and I don't remember anyone complaining about it making their game choppy or laggy (everyone mistakenly seemed to think that it got them cheat-kicked). Once you install the fix, you won't see the bad packet size message anymore, even though you will still receive the bad packets. I think that the fix just takes the message out of your console.

Welcome to the forums. [;)]

reaps
August 12, 2004, 11:21 pm
hello, are you [:-censored]ing stupid! omg, ya like i don't know how to use a search function. this is what i typed "bad packet" those were my exact words and it did not find anything, fix ur [:-censored]ing forum and maybe we wouldn't be having this discussion!

and i did install the fix, i already said that u [:-censored]ing moron. god just ban me from this forum so i don't have to read this stupid [:-censored]!

Hitman
August 12, 2004, 11:32 pm
The search function works fine, you obviously just don't know how to use it.

If you're gonna take on that attitude you can [:-censored] off. You were already being aggressive from the beginning and I'm surprised being actually tried to help you. If somebody is trying to help you, you don't throw it back in their face.

kevith
August 13, 2004, 2:41 am
ya like i don't know how to use a search function. this is what i typed "bad packet" those were my exact words and it did not find anything

and i did install the fix, i already said that....
Somebody has some anger issues... but I still find you mildly entertaining.

Sorry to point out the painfully obvious, but you apparently don't know how to use the search function or you would have found the other threads. You also seem to have some short term memory issues because if you'll go back and read your other posts, you never said that you had installed the fix.

systemfeind
August 13, 2004, 8:15 am
hello, are you [:-censored]ing stupid! omg, ya like i don't know how to use a search function. this is what i typed "bad packet" those were my exact words and it did not find anything, fix ur [:-censored]ing forum and maybe we wouldn't be having this discussion!

and i did install the fix, i already said that u [:-censored]ing moron. god just ban me from this forum so i don't have to read this stupid [:-censored]!

rofl ur just to dumb to do anything. u are to dumb to install the fix correctly because if u did it correctly u wouldnt get bad packet erros. u are too dumb to search because if u did it correctly u would find houndreds of threads.

dont annoy us with ur faults and with that manners i also really hope that u get banned. so we wouldnt have to read ur noobish stuff.

rain_fin
August 13, 2004, 12:08 pm
I dont want to download the fix because "Bad packed size" is good sign if there is any cheaters or hackers!!