( search forums )
ctf_Divided - low-space-ctf (updated Aug-14)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
grand_diablo
August 11, 2004, 9:44 am
ctf_Divided (working title, I think Ill change it once the map is done) is a very small ctf map, which fills probably about the half of ctf_Kampf.

What I try to do, is making a balanced and still fun map for very fast ctf matches, max. teamsize 3on3, probably 4on4. Done so far are the polys and the spawns, some shading is still to do though, sceneries and botwaypoints too.

BLUE/RED DOTS = team spawnpoints
BLUE/RED FLAG = Flag spawnpoints
GREEN DOTS = grenade spawns
WHITE DOTS = Medkit spawnpoints

[file]ctf_Divided.jpg,9139,,0[/file]

Id now need some help from you, as the map needs to be tested in 2on2, 3on3 and maybe 4on4. It worked out quite nice in 1on1, but CTF isnt relly meant to be played 1on1. Most of the polybugs are fixed by now (at least I hope so), the main objective is now to make it enjoyable to ctf teamsizes.

If you tested that map, then please post some criticism into this thread then, so I can improve the map quality then. Once the map is done, the map of all testers will of course appear in the readme that comes with the DL then.

So here we go with the DL:

[file]ctf_Divided.zip,9139,,0[/file]

Thanks in advance to all people betatesting this and posting suggestions about it [:)]

Unlucky 13
August 11, 2004, 9:49 am
The thing is weird, clik on it and netscape makes a whole lota chinese come up, so remeber... RIGHT CLICK---> SAVE TARGET AS... for IE

grand_diablo
August 11, 2004, 9:51 am
quote:Originally posted by Unlucky 13
The thing is weird, clik on it and netscape makes a whole lota chinese come up, so remeber... RIGHT CLICK---> SAVE TARGET AS... for IE

This is what Mozilla Firefox did in Version 0.8, it simply opened the PMS file. The current version 0.93 works fine and goes to DLing straight away after clicking xD

--

Update: version 0.8

Better shading. Basic red waypoints, but not completed.