( search forums )
3D maps
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Opptic
October 16, 2002, 10:24 pm
As I used the new editor I could make some realy neet maps, go and check them out at http://opptic.mine.nu

If anyone else has a 3d map, plz post them here. Could be fun to play [:D]

Darth Lord
October 16, 2002, 10:36 pm
Downloaded, and ready to play [:D]

Psyl3ntShad0w
October 16, 2002, 11:23 pm
very cool opptic its 3d lol what a suprise :-P

RoVeRken
October 16, 2002, 11:26 pm
nice, but i think it doesn't fit in soldat ...

Opptic
October 17, 2002, 10:52 am
Somehow I don't think 3d look maps is the best alternetive for a good map. But anyway I will try to make a cool city in 3d. I will also try another perspectiv of the bulding. We will see

Darth Lord
October 17, 2002, 5:45 pm
a city, that's what i was trying do to testerday, but in 2d, it doesn't look like very nice.

Pege
November 13, 2002, 1:08 pm
This could lead to a map improvement that is called "Perspective". I can't really explain it, but has anyone played Tapan Kaikki? TK4 is nearly in beta, it includes perspective and I happen to have some links to screenies. Take a look.

[URL]
[URL]
[URL]

Notice the walls and objects. Thats what I mean by perspective.

Opptic
November 14, 2002, 6:44 am
Hehe, that looks realy nice, but it is just one broblem...
As I see it, the pictures from the game, it looks like it is in 3D. If you move to the left the the hole map willcngae abit due to "perspective", If you make a map in soldat you can't make it change and you don't get this "perspective".
However, I made a map whit littel perspective and hmm... Well you see how it went :-(

Pege
November 14, 2002, 2:09 pm
I meant that the map maker would be like it is now, and you can see perspective only in-game.

Also, there would be a problem with the scenery. The solution is that you can choose wrether to put the object to the front or on the back and add a little perspective to it, too.

iSeeDeadPeople
November 14, 2002, 6:38 pm
pretty good idea, even thought i dont know if it would fit in to Soldat, my english is not good enough to explain why, so i wont explain why i dont think it would fit to Soldat.

BTW: For those who dont understand finnish, "Tapan Kaikki" means "I will kill everyone".

and to the end, one simple message to pege in finnsh:
hmm... oot näköjää löytäny uuden foorumin jota spämmätä... Ensin TK foorumi ja nyt soldatin foorumi... Sä oot ku heinäsirkka, spämmäät jonkun foorumin täyteen ja sitten siirryt seuraavaan...

Pege
November 15, 2002, 8:24 am
Spämmään foorumin täyteen? Mulla on perkele 7 viestiä täällä, tän jälkeen 8!

Killa Gorilla
November 15, 2002, 11:39 am
please don't post bmps! i'm just a modem user!