( search forums )
Can't start game (was: HELP HELP HELP!!!)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
gi.joe
August 13, 2004, 6:32 am
me again

used to play soldat fanatically...then it buggered up...then i stopped

i formatted my comp

and now want to re-install

now that thats understood lets get onto the nitty gritty

ive dled SOLDAT 1.2 and 1.2 fix

ive installed both....

BUT!!

when i open soldat and attempt to play nothing happens...my screen just keeps going black/and fuzzy and sh1t and nothing happens..then it just takes my back to my desktop with nothing having been opened

the thing is though..when i open the dedicated server program..thats all sweet! i can even go and refresh server stats etc etc

wen i click join game though..(in dedicated server mode..i know im desperate!) it comes up with some poo abt how i cant join yet..i can set up a server...but i cant play the game...hmmm

please cud someone help me!!

im dying here

Unlucky 13
August 13, 2004, 8:47 am
some weird problem. did you turn off anti-aliasing and dithering? and did you try windowed mode? answer all here

DeafBox
August 14, 2004, 2:49 am
i fixed his problem over msn XD

Hitman
August 14, 2004, 1:01 pm
Nice one :)

NightCabbage
August 17, 2004, 12:54 am
lol db, what was the prob?

video drivers? force software on?

DeafBox
August 17, 2004, 8:11 am
Well he didnt have Direct X installed and we updated his video drivers which seemed to fix it all.

Im suprised it works, hes running a on-board video card :S

FroGSmoKeR
August 21, 2004, 4:53 am
I found a way how to fix mine, it closed just like the other ones, but what caused it to close was the starting movie(demo), i found that out when i was just tapping escape constantly before the movie started until it brought me to the select your profile menu, if i dont tap it, the movie runs and immediatly closes the game, if i do tap escape until the select your profile menu pops up, the game will run just fine,i hope this helps[;)]

Denacke
August 21, 2004, 5:29 pm
You can turn off the movie @ Config.exe in your soldat folder