( search forums )
Backpack slot.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
SyKot
August 13, 2004, 8:50 pm
I was thinking of a backpack slot that would work like Secondary weapon.

In the respawn time you can choose what would be your Backpack item, you dont need to choose it every time you respawn, it will be like Secondary Weapon the method of choosing.

Some of these items would be:

Medkit: Heals 50 HP, it slowly heals tills it heals the 50 HP. Heals itself.

Land Mine: Has the power to kill a unit, every Soldier can only have deployed 3 mines. Cant be placed in the place where the flag stills.

Binoculars: Good to see at great distance, further than Barret zoom.

Extra jet fuel: Ads 20% to your jet fuel. This is based on the standard map fuel capacity.

The Geologist
August 13, 2004, 9:08 pm
While you've taken the time to suggest (fairly) new ideas for what goes in the backpack, the idea of a backpack itself has been suggested before. I found five or six relatively similar topics after using that handy dandy search option..

SyKot
August 13, 2004, 9:31 pm
Ive used the search, they were different from what I said, the closest one i found was to pick up grenades or medis on spawn.

To use that items you press maybe "C"

bucky_brad
August 13, 2004, 9:37 pm
[IMAGE]

DAMIT! you didnt even have to search there is a backpack topic on the same page!!!
all you had to do was post in that topic!!!

SyKot
August 13, 2004, 9:39 pm
It was a misunderstanding, ive confused that post, I tought he said we would pick the grenades/medis from the ground and put in the backpack.

My apologises.

btw I didnt understand that picture :P Only thing i can see is "Idiot"

bucky_brad
August 13, 2004, 9:45 pm
ok, next time just search a little better.

btw I like the 20% on jets idea.

Svirin Kerath
August 14, 2004, 5:42 am
those are what i was talking about for other uses for the backpack. like i said, i was sure someone could come up with more/better ideas for its use. i don't mind you expanding on that, and if you come up with any otherideas, i'd be happy to read them. i like the binoculars idea, and the 50% health one. land mines have already been discussed on this board, but the extra 20% fuel would also be a good idea.

Sam
August 29, 2004, 7:44 pm
The only thing I like about that idea is the binocular idea, it should come as a secondary weopon (item?) on its own. I think it would be really usefull

Subslider
August 29, 2004, 7:56 pm
well i like the idea.. xcept the landmine..

Cookie.
August 29, 2004, 11:14 pm
if you have a backpack i think it should make you move slower? similar to the effects on a soldat while carrying a flag

Sam
August 30, 2004, 4:32 pm
I never noticed you move slower when carrying a flag, do you??