( search forums )
No disappearance when prone
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
chakapoko maker
August 14, 2004, 5:55 pm
Running back to the base, you searched a bush with your cursor and you saw no name there. You got shot from the bush and died. The prone guy perfectly behind the scenery stood up and returned the flag. Can you take that? Soldat is such a kind of game? I absolutely think you always must see his name while you're exactly looking at the place where he hides himself, even if he lies down.

sande24
August 14, 2004, 6:18 pm
you can't see enemy's name i guess...

Dark_Noddy
August 14, 2004, 8:48 pm
U could do this before, but not anymore I think.. IMO it should stay as it is...

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 14, 2004, 9:01 pm
I believe that it should stay as is, because from another point of view, the guy trying to hide will think that you kill him even when he tried to hide. That wouldn't be fun for him now would it?

Solution to this problem: Shoot at the bushes.

DT
August 14, 2004, 9:58 pm
its um... magic

The Geologist
August 14, 2004, 10:38 pm
Indeed...it's magic. Magic for the blind. Don't let one bush go unshot and be more careful next time.

kevith
August 15, 2004, 4:04 am
If you play often enough you know where they all hide anyway. I think Noddy's right that you used to be able to see their names even if they were prone, but it was cnanged a few versions ago. I like the way it is now.

chakapoko maker
August 15, 2004, 6:19 am
it's fun that you see the situation. there are many sceneries that completely overlay a player. nevertheless you still need the insta ninja mode only by hitting one key? as Lunerfox says i know i can find him with some bullets but if he's totally at the back of a scenery with collider, i can't. and do i have to shoot and bomb the place here and there to go ahead? i want "cursor on it, you can see it". i'm sure it's better.

Smeep
August 15, 2004, 2:29 pm
Is it the same in both real and normal modes? I could understand taking it out of normal mode. but not real mode. because In real mode you see what your soldat sees.

chakapoko maker
August 15, 2004, 2:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by Smeep
Is it the same in both real and normal modes? I could understand taking it out of normal mode. but not real mode. because In real mode you see what your soldat sees.

i don't care about realistic mode and i think a name of a prone guy shouldn't appear in the mode because the name tag would be under his body...

Smeep
August 15, 2004, 5:54 pm
I'm probably missing something, but what are you trying to say?

Melba
August 15, 2004, 6:15 pm
Camper

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 15, 2004, 7:44 pm
I still think it should stay as is, it'll just destory the fun of hiding behind a bush and waiting for the enemy to pass by. Plus, it'll give barretards even more power because they can just slowly scan the bushes, and they'll know that you're there. As for the Scenary/Collider combo, one nade will kill him, for sure, or It'll knock him back so far you can easily kill him.

Alamo
August 15, 2004, 10:27 pm
I agree to Leo's idea. What did you get those Grenades for...

kevith
August 15, 2004, 11:47 pm
I haven't really understood your last 2 posts chakapoko.
I considered saying this the first time, but the person is hiding for a reason. Why should you be able to "see" him with your cursor? Do you have x-ray vision or something? [;)]

BManx2000
August 16, 2004, 3:09 am
Indeed, if your name appears while prone what is the point of hiding? Just wave your cursor over a bush and you instantly know if someone is there...

chakapoko maker
August 16, 2004, 5:29 am
what i want to say is that no name thing brings passivity to the game so i don't need it on normal mode. okay, there are two viewes in soldat.
1.) what your charactor can see in the game
2.) what you can see on the screen

In realistic mode, 1 should apply to 2. In normal mode, 1 should not apply 2 because you can see there is a player in a underground passage ,even from the ground. it means the sight of normal mode is not limited by 1. why don't you take the way of "you can see all" on name appearance in normal mode? i don't think everybody wants to lie in wait for active players with such a easy way.

>BManx2000
prone is against 1 and the searching is as easy as you hit a prone key.

The Geologist
August 16, 2004, 6:14 am
Okay...that post made the most sense out of what I've heard so far. And after reading that one, I still disagree. While you can see people running through tunnels and such, leave things as they are. Honestly, I can't say I've experience your problem out of realistic mode...it makes my opinion bias, but I don't see this as a big problem.

systemfeind
August 16, 2004, 8:28 am
shhot at teh bushes