( search forums )
Mouse Problems
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Hitman
August 15, 2004, 3:05 am
Alright, I have no idea what is causing this problem but it's really annoying.

Mouse works fine outside of Soldat, even in Soldat, in the menu it works fine, but when I go in-game it almost seems as if the mouse were drunk..

You know when you're drunk and you don't walk or respond normally? That's how it moves. It responds and all, but just in a weird way. Don't know how to describe it really..

Help?

morpheus
August 15, 2004, 3:13 am
control panel, mouse, pointer options. set to mid way, and check enhance precision, click apply.

if that doesn't work, and you're using windows default drivers, download the drivers from the mouses site, install, and restart.

Unlucky 13
August 15, 2004, 4:54 am
could it be your refresh rate in soldat? if it is to high/low, it could be your problem. also, lower some of the Performace ratings in the Config file

N1nj@
August 15, 2004, 5:06 am
What kinda mouse you have?

Try going to the mouse properties in control panel and search for something to do with 'games' thru the tabs and options.

Cause for me, I have Logitech Cordless Mouseman Optical mouse and had the same problem before. And I went to the option/properties thing and unchecked "Disable acceleration in games". and it worked.

palloco
August 15, 2004, 9:46 am
Maybe it could be "keep acceleration in games", play around with the mouse setup in control panel or intall the latest driver for ur mouse. But check what had you installed when that problem appeared.

Hitman
August 15, 2004, 12:28 pm
Oh yeah, I should have said what mouse I have. Well, this is the mouse I have, just older and not silver. I've checked their site and it appears that there's no drivers to download for it.

I did what morpheus suggested; that didn't work. Tried what Unlucky 13 suggested; that didn't work either. Couldn't find what both N1nj@ and Palloco were going on about, but I guess that might be cause I've got a pretty simple mouse.

Well, I tried to track back to what I did before it starting being all stupid, and I remember I had gone to Display -> Settings -> Advanced and set the graphics options considerably higher. So, what I did was minimise the options completely and that's fixed it Oo. I'll have to mess around with it, to find out exactly which option is messing it up.

Thanks for the help :)

Unlucky 13
August 16, 2004, 10:25 am
heh. you can help yourself good hitman!

so what was the option, just for future reference?

Hitman
August 16, 2004, 1:11 pm
..haven't got round to it yet, I'll do it sometime..

Toumaz
August 18, 2004, 11:28 am
I hope so, so we can avoid this in the future... :)