( search forums )
Couple of animation suggestions
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Zero72
August 15, 2004, 3:52 am
For one thing, I like the head-scratching animation. I think it adds character or something like that and whatnot. I'd like to see the ability to do this animation at will, instead of just leaving the player alone.

Also, I don't like the waiting animations at all. You leave the game alone for a second and a guy comes running into your base and steals the flag and is gone before you can move because you're busy lighting up a cigar you don't want. It's very annoying.

And lastly, whether it was done deliberately or not... You know how when you unpause the game, you automatically do one of said waiting animations? This is infinitely more annoying than the previous case I discussed. I'm sure I speak for many when I say that I'd like to see this very gone.

peemonkey
August 15, 2004, 4:15 am
i actually agree 100%

Unlucky 13
August 15, 2004, 4:56 am
same here! i think the wait animations are definitly most costly., if not annoying

peemonkey
August 15, 2004, 5:34 am
especially when after you type, it 'walkie talkie''s it in...that prolly where that extra gostek goes /0_0\

Unlucky 13
August 15, 2004, 5:53 am
oh, i didn't know that! *tells off menador for saying it was useless*

The Geologist
August 15, 2004, 6:25 am
Hell yes, this is a damn annoying topic that has killed a few critical moments for me. Good thinkin' Zero.

b00stA
August 15, 2004, 11:57 am
I couldn't care less.. I mean it's your fault if you're busy picking your nose.

Hitman
August 15, 2004, 12:37 pm
Rofl!

Meandor
August 15, 2004, 1:53 pm

What are you talking about? The walkie talkie gostek IS useless u_u

Zero72
August 15, 2004, 7:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by The Geologist
Hell yes, this is a damn annoying topic that has killed a few critical moments for me. Good thinkin' Zero.
It can't have been TOO critical, or you wouldn't have been spending it browsing through heaps of useless suggestions on the Soldat forums.

Bovineplethora
August 15, 2004, 7:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stA
I couldn't care less.. I mean it's your fault if you're busy picking your nose.

That or he could be guarding the flag without movement, typing a message, or things normal people DO in soldat.

wormdundee
August 15, 2004, 10:11 pm
ehh zero...he means the automatic animations have gotten him killed at critical moments in the game

Zero72
August 15, 2004, 10:39 pm
...OH, oh, oh. Okay.[:-knockout]

I really apologize, then.[:-sour]

kevith
August 16, 2004, 4:04 am
I agree that it's pretty annoying, but it generally doesn't cause much of a problem. However, I wish you wouldn't do it when you held the flag since that's when it is the most annoying.

systemfeind
August 16, 2004, 8:30 am
agree

Element_101
August 16, 2004, 9:37 am
But still you should have to appricate the work that micahl put into making them, give him a little credit even if they do get in the way.

Deleted User
August 16, 2004, 9:57 am
Agree with Zero.

I hate this too.

Unlucky 13
August 16, 2004, 10:45 am
@Meandor: SOZ! I spelt your name wrong... again! K, so that is useless then. *Slaps himself for the sake of it*

Zero72
August 16, 2004, 5:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by Element_101
But still you should have to appricate the work that micahl put into making them, give him a little credit even if they do get in the way.
I know what you mean. Some of the animations are kinda neat, particularly the head-scratching one, which is why I'd like it if you could do that voluntarily like /victory and the others. But a couple of them are pretty pointless.

Deleted User
August 16, 2004, 6:17 pm
You can stop an animation by firing your weapon.

And the walkie talkie is NOT used when you speak! I've checked, and that is absolute bullsh*t.

Zero72
August 16, 2004, 6:35 pm
I know animations can be halted by firing a weapon, but that doesn't make them much less annoying. Especially if you're carrying a Barrett or an M79.

BManx2000
August 16, 2004, 10:57 pm
Yes, animations should stop when you MOVE.

DeMonIc
August 17, 2004, 1:07 pm
/me agrees with Bmanx
or even better: u can move while it does the animation.that would even fit in.

Toumaz
August 18, 2004, 11:42 am
DeMonIc: Yes, great idea, but it would be hard to implent.

BTW, WTF is the walkie talkie good for then?

Droopy
August 18, 2004, 6:03 pm
So the game look's bigger and more ppl would download.. Michal you rascal you!

brickman
August 18, 2004, 10:01 pm
Even though I'm usually on defense in ctf, the only one I've seen is one where he lifts up his gun and seemingly checks to make extra sure its loaded. even this can screw things up, since it gives your position away if you are hiding.
They should make the animations an option in the player screen

Alamo
August 18, 2004, 10:15 pm
bovineplethora: no animated signatures... It's the rules.

brickman: you shouldn't hide anyway...

Zero72
August 19, 2004, 5:10 am
quote:Originally posted by brickman
Even though I'm usually on defense in ctf, the only one I've seen is one where he lifts up his gun and seemingly checks to make extra sure its loaded. even this can screw things up, since it gives your position away if you are hiding.
They should make the animations an option in the player screen
You know, I always wondered what the hell that one was.