( search forums )
remember my score
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
morpheus
August 15, 2004, 11:29 am
it really sux when you're playing dm and you only need one more shot and suddenly get disconnected, right?

and it really sux when you're the high scorer on ctf and get disconnected, right? or any type of match for that matter.

so i propose adding a feature to the server that will remember your score after you get disconnected, and if you can connect back up within, say, 30 seconds, you get your points back.

what do you guys think?

Liber_Lupus
August 15, 2004, 12:39 pm
I agree but you get your points back only if you disconnect and join in 30 sec. good idea.

palloco
August 15, 2004, 3:06 pm
I dont care about score, play for fun. That would only be the root for more bugs.

FliesLikeABrick
August 15, 2004, 4:18 pm
yeah, scores in each game really dont matter much to me, even though i do like seeing my stats afterwards [on the site]. I can't stand people who complain about the teams being uneven, so i move them or someone else to balance the teams. Then 2 seconds later they start getting all pissed that they lost their score and they leave.... morons
-Brick

Liber_Lupus
August 15, 2004, 4:21 pm
I really dont care in public but in clanwars i would really like it.

The Geologist
August 15, 2004, 9:02 pm
I agree with morpheus on this one...if you can get back into a game quick enough, you should keep your points. On the other hand, losing those points gives you something to work for to be #1 again...oh the indecision!

Aquarius
August 15, 2004, 10:59 pm
Good idea.

kevith
August 16, 2004, 4:01 am
Everybody always says "points don't matter." That's great but what if you want to know how many you had anyway? Would anybody actually be opposed to this idea? I would like to see you keep your points if you changed teams too and isn't that technically disconnecting from the server?

systemfeind
August 16, 2004, 8:31 am
good idea

Element_101
August 16, 2004, 9:15 am
I like.

Deleted User
August 16, 2004, 10:00 am
Go(o)d idea [;)]

Svirin Kerath
August 16, 2004, 3:48 pm
heheh. i agree. good idea. prolem is, i have crappy dsl, and that disconnects for a long time. but for those more fortunate than me...

Psyl3ntShad0w
August 16, 2004, 4:31 pm
how about instead of 30 seconds, it keeps your score for the rest of the game?

nice idea btw~

palloco
August 16, 2004, 5:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by kevith
Would anybody actually be opposed to this idea?
Me, me!