( search forums )
Olympics are lame.
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Deleted User
August 16, 2004, 3:25 pm
I don't really give a [:-censored] about who is going to win 3000m bamboo stick jumping.

Hitman
August 16, 2004, 3:32 pm
Gah! I could have gone and hosted for the Olympics with the Catering company I work for! If I hadn't been such a lazy bastard and set my availability, on the site, to unavailable, I would have probably got the job!

*Cries*

Tha Doggfather
August 16, 2004, 4:36 pm
nah they only would have send the straight boys (if there ARE any in the catering business)...

Hercule Poirot
August 16, 2004, 4:51 pm
I think Ville is just little grumpy coz Finland sucks! they wont get any single medal :P

koil
August 16, 2004, 5:02 pm
israel ownz. we beat that iranian guy on judo withount even fighting him ;) ;D ;P ;> ;O

Deleted User
August 16, 2004, 5:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hercule Poirot
I think Ville is just little grumpy coz Finland sucks! they wont get any single medal :P

Actally not. As i said i don't give a [:-censored].

blackdevil0742
August 16, 2004, 6:02 pm
I agree with Ville Mk.2, the olympics is boring aand stupid.
I mean who cares who the best swimmer is in 200m.

BManx2000
August 16, 2004, 6:33 pm
If only they had video games as an olympic sport...

bucky_brad
August 16, 2004, 7:34 pm
Wont be to long until they do BManx.

They already have competions, one of my mates wins over 200$ a month in CS comps.

Drama
August 16, 2004, 7:44 pm
i liked the judo of under 48kg women and under 60kg men, so exxxxXXxxiting.

Finland sux

DeMonIc
August 16, 2004, 8:12 pm
Heh.Our swimmer won the bronze medal with a broken foot, and the romanian judge took our gold medal away and gave it to the other dude in swording..(don't know regular english..I'm tired...sorry)
Hungary pwnz0rs.

Deleted User
August 16, 2004, 8:22 pm
This is not about your country winning anything. This is about how lame olympics are so go start a new topic. Please.

Meandor
August 16, 2004, 8:33 pm

I won the olympics last year. The final monster was tough.

Kazuki
August 16, 2004, 9:19 pm
Heh, Ville thinks everything is lame. Well, I think Ville is lame. ;)

(Psst, I really don't.)

Alamo
August 16, 2004, 9:48 pm
Olympics are lame.
You know why? No Karate.

DeafBox
August 17, 2004, 12:53 am
Australia is owning atm :D
I think were second on the ladder besides china. WOOOOO!!!!!

On the whole the olympics are rather boring. Altho i enjoy the wierd sports. Like handball. Was watching Iceland V Spain. Thats one funny sport.
Wieghtlifting is cool and the boxing is awesome as well.

AerialAssault
August 17, 2004, 2:16 am
the communists won the first 3 medals

n00bface
August 17, 2004, 2:21 am
Australia is only doing good because most of you are laggers

grand_diablo
August 17, 2004, 2:54 am
Mhh i only like particular parts of the olympics.
The juo finals were quite nice, handball is also quite thrilling to watch. Biking is quite boring to spectate (just like golf), whether its part of the Olympics or the Tour de France.

What I am really waiting for is the olympic beach volleyball tournament, the rest of the handball competition and of course, olympic soccer (but I fear this will be shown, when Im on holidays in Croatia. But i guess they show it there too).

Things like synchronous-jumping are also worth watching for a while. Athletics, and those 100/200m swimming etc. do suck.

The Geologist
August 17, 2004, 3:32 am
Funny how someone who couldn't care less about the olympics went to the effort of starting a thread about those very same olympics.

peemonkey
August 17, 2004, 3:46 am
is there shotgun bowling in the olympics? if there were, i'd win hands down. i got a perfect game last weekend...XD

The Geologist
August 17, 2004, 5:58 am
I think fruit golf would be good...cantaloupes and oranges are fun.

Cookie.
August 17, 2004, 6:10 am
I like the olympics
i like the biking road race, triathalon, swimming, archery, basketball, Table Tennis!(TabbleTennis is best)
uh i like most of them ^_^ syncronhised diving or wahtever that seems dumb to me but everything else= cool!
and USA lost to Puerto Rico at basketball! hahah! ^_^

frogboy
August 17, 2004, 6:19 am
Yeah go Iraq! They beat Portugal in soccer! w00t!

And Australia, since they're doing well, and China uses wallhacks.

fabmanx
August 17, 2004, 7:13 am
Iraq played so well in that game, but the portuguese team just wants to go home like the rest of the teams there, olympic soccer doesnt mean horses co*ck to any of the teams.

DeafBox
August 17, 2004, 8:16 am
$5 says Australia pwns in the beach volley ball. (womens not mens, cos whod wanna watch that?)

Its funny how the Greeks spent all this cashola building staduims and no1 actually goes.

ROLLED!!!!!

Unlucky 13
August 17, 2004, 8:33 am
quote:Originally posted by DeafBox
Australia is owning atm :D
I think were second on the ladder besides china. WOOOOO!!!!!

Yeah! Woo! Half of our (womens) swimmers are bloody heart-broken over winning silver or bronze! Brook H:"Oh I was going to retire 4 years ago, and now *sniff* I get an olypic medal! Oh, *sniff* I am so happy to get this!"
then she goes up to the big blue screen thing and cries all over it! Heh, real happy. She was prolly thinking "I wanted [:-censored]ing gold. Oh, I hate silver, it clashes with my clothes!" Heh, and the Chinese are real bad sports. they are so childish they stick out their tounges to all opponents. Sheesh![|)]

Deleted User
August 17, 2004, 2:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ville Mk.2
This is not about your country winning anything. This is about how lame olympics are so go start a new topic. Please.

Meandor
August 17, 2004, 3:06 pm
I just saw Italy getting seriously pawnt at ping pong by china, something like 21-4. That was funny.

Hitman
August 17, 2004, 5:53 pm
Only thing I watched, which just happened to be on when I flicked through the channels, was Womens Beach Volley Ball. Brazil v South Africa or something.

..those Brazilians *Bites fist*

Alamo
August 17, 2004, 10:12 pm
Beach ... Volleyball ... *wiping of saliva*

Melba
August 18, 2004, 6:14 pm
womens beach volleyball ownz!
so hot.

Cookie.
August 18, 2004, 8:42 pm
China always wins at ping pong :P due to the wallhacks of course

karmazonpl
August 19, 2004, 8:06 am
What a fraud. Today at gymnastic competition guy fell on the judges and won. What a fraud.

Element_101
August 19, 2004, 11:04 am
Yeah go see the way we stuck it to USA [:-censored]ing awsome it is.

Deleted User
August 20, 2004, 6:40 pm
the biggest thing that [:-censored]s me bout these olympics is the European Handball...who gives a [:-censored] if you can throw straight?

if the olympics is good for something, it's good for raising peoples self-respect. they think that if athletes from their country get a gold in something, then they had some part in that and therefore that gold medal is as much theirs as it is the athletes, which makes perfect sense. that way EVERYONE can be a gold medalist!

ps. doesn't newzealand suck?

karmazonpl
August 20, 2004, 6:43 pm
everyone sucks, let's boycott olympics

Kein
August 21, 2004, 8:19 pm
Olympics rule, but they would rule even more if Finland wouldn't suck so goddamn much

DeathHunter
August 23, 2004, 8:34 pm
Finland sux SWEDEN ROCKS!
anyway the olympics are boring ho cares if they win a medal it dosent make common sense to the other people, only the contester wins the medal

karmazonpl
August 24, 2004, 7:26 am
watch olympics right now !!! You wont believe what is happening !!!
This russian guy did like the most incredible flips on the high bar, he was just flying, and they gave him 9.275 or something, and now the crowd is booing the judges !!! They should gave him at least 10000.000, because he was just doing triple flips, upside down, sideways, carthwheels.....damn !

m00`
August 24, 2004, 7:32 am
The thing I enjoy watching the most is the Gymnastics, pretty amazing what they can do :)

Oh and ville ur just jealous Australia is doing so well :]

karmazonpl
August 24, 2004, 7:38 am
[:-censored]ing mother[:-censored]ers !!!
American guy went after the russian guy and did completely NOTHING !
And they gave him really high score
than italian guy went after the american, and even commentators said that no one does things that he can do, he did like double flips, just incredible things, and got the same score as american ....
bull[:-censored], usa bribed everyone, everybody can tell you that ...

Captain RibMan
August 24, 2004, 9:40 am
que!?!? WHO SAID NEW ZEALAND SUCKS!!!

Deleted User
August 24, 2004, 11:30 am
Get out of my thread if you just want to talk about how awesome your country is. This is still about how lame olympics are.

Tha Doggfather
August 24, 2004, 2:52 pm
olympics arent lame

[IMAGE]

Hitman
August 24, 2004, 10:21 pm
Although a little late, I wanted to add something.

What I find sad is in our day and age, in spite of the chaos in which we live, Nations can come together, putting differences aside, to compete against each other in one of the most spectacular sports events of our time, and you call that lame.

I find that very low of you Ville.

August 25, 2004, 8:00 am
Know what else is low? Bumming n00bface.

Deleted User
August 25, 2004, 12:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hitman

What I find sad is in our day and age, in spite of the chaos in which we live, Nations can come together, putting differences aside, to compete against each other in one of the most spectacular sports events of our time, and you call that lame.

Thats one thing that makes olympics lame. + Olympics are all about money anyways.

SuperKill
August 25, 2004, 12:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by Tha Doggfather
olympics arent lame

[IMAGE]

owned you right there

quote:Originally posted by broken_gerbil
the biggest thing that [:-censored]s me bout these olympics is the European Handball...who gives a [:-censored] if you can throw straight?

if the olympics is good for something, it's good for raising peoples self-respect. they think that if athletes from their country get a gold in something, then they had some part in that and therefore that gold medal is as much theirs as it is the athletes, which makes perfect sense. that way EVERYONE can be a gold medalist!

ps. doesn't newzealand suck?

flunked sports huh ?

oh and israel just won a first gold medal ;D

Element_101
August 25, 2004, 1:19 pm
Only thing USA totally beats us in is Softball... you guys are freaks at that!

DeMonIc
August 25, 2004, 3:18 pm
These morons disqualified one of our gold medallers cause he only pissed 25ml instead of 75ml-s..pssshhht.

Deleted User
August 25, 2004, 7:35 pm
Wow. Who is the chick Doggy? And in wich sport is she competing in Athena?

Hitman
August 25, 2004, 7:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hitman

Thats one thing that makes olympics lame. + Olympics are all about money anyways.
That doesn't make sense, how does that make it lame? Also, who cares if it's also about money, what isn't?

I don't understand your logic Ville.

LazehBoi
August 25, 2004, 7:41 pm
Uh... Calling something lame is an opinion, not a fact.

Hitman
August 25, 2004, 7:48 pm
I know that.

..?

Deleted User
August 25, 2004, 7:49 pm
Lol. I just don't like how they have to make it so damn spectacular. Its just a sports event! And olympics weren't originally about money. Thats why i don't like that they are all about money. Sorry if i somehow offended you in some way. D:

Deleted User
August 25, 2004, 7:55 pm
Lol. I just don't like how they have to make it so damn spectacular. Its just a sports event! And olympics weren't originally about money. Thats why i don't like that they are all about money. Sorry if i somehow offended you in some way. D:

Just admit it. Finland sucks. Big deal.

WHO IS THAT CHICK AND IN WHAT SPORT DOES SHE COMPETE!!!

papasurf31
August 26, 2004, 5:34 pm
The Olympics are the only place in the world where you'll see the majority of men have bigger chests than the majority of women...except maybe Alabama.

Don't the olympics seem really pointless anyways? People spend years of intense training, huge sums of money, and incredible devotion just so that every 4 years, they can go to the next frickin hot spot tourist locale to win not so much money and a shiny metal circle. They simply prove that they can do something completely useless better than anyone else in the world. I mean, the pole vault!? Who the hell is ever gonna use that? Unless the Olympic officials are chasing you cause you doped (which everyone does) Nad you happen to have a long stick ready and you need to jump over a tall fence. I say: screw the Olympics. Let football season start already!