( search forums )
A few ideas
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Biggoggs
August 17, 2004, 1:00 pm
Hi guys,

While there are ten primary weapons, I have a few ideas for a couple more secondary weapons...

1) `Bomb vest'. Far from being politically-correct, would add an element of strategy and plenty of `w00t!'. It basically means a player can blow himself up with at least 3 or 4 times the power of an LAW, obviously at his own destruction. A bomber would go ahead of a flag capper and cause enough destruction to make it worthwhile. When equipped, the player would have have a belt of red dynamite, possible even a yellow headband replacing the helmet/hat the player was wearing. It would take 5-10 seconds to `load' to prevent `spawnspam'. I'd also advise a `Suicide hurts own team' option (in addition to standard teamdamage).

2) A few more player customisation options. It's pretty extensive as it is, but some ideas include sunnies, a cowboy hat, a backwards cap, etc.

Soldat is a great game nonetheless :)

Cheers

DeMonIc
August 17, 2004, 1:03 pm
1st idea:
I like it, though would it be a poqwerup, weapon, or what?
2nd idea:
I think when Michal feels like making em, he makes some new things.But don't force it.

Liber_Lupus
August 17, 2004, 1:21 pm
1. i like it but, i imagine there will be tons of noobs who blow themself up. I think the idea wont work very well.
2. If michael wants to make them, not needed though.

Toumaz
August 17, 2004, 3:51 pm
1. Idea is noob-friendly. Lots of blow-ups and overall bitching.
2. Not needed. I think that the level of customisation is great as it is right now.

Deleted User
August 18, 2004, 5:21 am
quote:Originally posted by Biggoggs
It would take 5-10 seconds to `load'

by this you mean you have to hold "fire" for 5-10 seconds? wouldn't be too bad then, im sure you could take down a defenceless n00b in ten seconds with almost any weapon

Svirin Kerath
August 19, 2004, 3:50 pm
yeah. these are /n00bs/ we're talking about.

1. i like it. n00bs running around blowing themselves up and trying in vain to catch others in the blast? sounds good =3

2. yeah, not needed, but fun.

bucky_brad
August 19, 2004, 8:29 pm
I thought that number 1 had already been disscused and denied. I could be wrong. Same with number 2 as well(not denied though).

1. I dont really like this idea. I just dont think it would really add to soldat, Also from what I know michal will NOT be adding anymore than the 10 primarys, And if this is a secondary it will be too over powered. So you would need to replace a primary to get this in, and I really think if you remove one of the primarys we have now soldat will just go to crap.

2. no reason not to have more player customisation options.

KnOt
August 20, 2004, 11:54 am
I love both the ideas.. The 1st one just adds more excitement and strategy to the game.. and the second one.. well that's just fun :) I love being able to customise myself in any game as much as possible..

Deleted User
August 20, 2004, 5:10 pm
i can't imagine there would be much strategy involved in blowing yourself up

blackdevil0742
August 20, 2004, 5:51 pm
The 1st idea would be fun to have, it could be replaced instead of the minigun (wich most ppl hate).
2) would be nice.