( search forums )
Never buy ANYTHING from NT-Micro.com
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
FliesLikeABrick
August 17, 2004, 11:01 pm
Never buy anything from NT-Micro.com

For my graduation present, my parents let me order 2 Sony SDM-273 Flat Screen monitors with their credit card, because i could not fit my dual CRT 17" at college on the teeny desk. I originally ordered them from NT-Micro.com for $420 each.

I waited about 6 business days, got 2 boxes via UPS, opened them, and found 2 SDM-S74, the next model up since they had run out of S73. I was happy with this since the S74 has slightly more viewable area and is also digital. I used them for about 2 minutes on this comp before seeing a cluster of bright red pixels on one of them.

I called nt-micro, set up a return, sent it back and 12 days later another box showed up at my front door. This time they had sent me the originaly SDM-S73 I had ordered, after they had assured me they would replace the model that I sent back, since i wanted 2 matching displays and wanted the better one anyway.

I did a "Cross-return" this time, where we both ship to eachother at the same time to save time. The replacement never showed up. I called them again, they said they would call back the next day. 3 days later i called again and bitched. Some stupid girl named Lily was trying to help and after explaining to me about how her computer wasnt working and she had to do everything by hand, she finally went out to the warehouse and found a Sony sdm-s74 which was supposd to be shipped to me a week earlier. She promised she would ship that day.

Today, i finally got the last replacement. I hastily opened the box, relieved that i finally had my graduation present after over 2 months of hassle.

I turned on the display and restarted the comp to recognize it. No sooner had the screen flickered to life that i noticed the same red spot in the same place on the SAME GODDAMN FLATSCREEN.

the morons sent me the the same broken display i had sent back to them over 2.5 months ago!

2 minutes later i was on hold. 10 minutes later i finally got through, but Lily was out to lunch still. I'm currently waiting for her to call me soon, otherwise they are going to get a pissed off call from me, which would have happened the first time if i hadnt gotten thrown on hold before i could say "yeah ill hold".

I cannot believe there are people this stupid in the world.

I ordered these just before I graduated. It is almost 3 months later, I'm about to go to college, and this mess is still apparently far from being sorted out.

Dathker
August 17, 2004, 11:03 pm
well... start beleiving... cuz they just are... that dumb... probably half just cuz you live in america...they don't work becuase they want to ... they work cuz they need teh money.

Weed
August 17, 2004, 11:14 pm
ah, thats why i never pay for something before its in my hands and running.
i dont trust internet shops... i preffer to pay a bit more and get the thing my own, then trusting a couple of half brained guys to deliver it correctly.

DerF-
August 17, 2004, 11:23 pm
heh, funny story :)

karmazonpl
August 17, 2004, 11:25 pm
yep, it's better to buy in in the store

FliesLikeABrick
August 17, 2004, 11:26 pm
its also about $200 more expensive to buy these in the store.

N1nj@
August 17, 2004, 11:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by Weed
ah, thats why i never pay for something before its in my hands and running.
i dont trust internet shops... i preffer to pay a bit more and get the thing my own, then trusting a couple of half brained guys to deliver it correctly.
just buy from popular or well-known companies...

FliesLikeABrick
August 17, 2004, 11:43 pm
I'm on the phone with them now, i had them forward me to the person I talked to originally, and the first thing out of my mouth:
"hey Lily, do you remember me... with the whole flatscreen mix up a while ago etc etc"
"kind of... what can i do for you today sir?"
"well, you guys f*cked up again, let me talk to your supervisor so this can be straightened out finally"

Noobile
August 18, 2004, 12:14 am
The only online shop I trust is Tigerdirect ( www.tigerdirect.com ) they've never screwed me over, and on the two occasions I've had to return somthing, replacement parts were back in my hands in less than a week of me shipping them out, and not broken.

FliesLikeABrick
August 18, 2004, 12:17 am
the only i trust are www.directron.com www.computergeeks.com and www.tigersurplus.com
all 3 are great sites with great prices.

Hitman
August 18, 2004, 1:21 am
quote:"well, you guys f*cked up again, let me talk to your supervisor so this can be straightened out finally"Rofl, that reminds me so much of my Dad. Everytime he's on the phone with Dell he ends up shouting at them, and asking to talk to the supervisor. After which he lectures me:

"Constantin, you see, these bastards don't know what the [:-censored] they're doing. I mean, it's only until you start shouting at them that these assholes start moving their asses. Sometimes you're lucky and get through to an operator in Ireland, but most of the time you get connected to some [:-censored]ing asshole in India reading some crap off a script, and won't shut up till they're said what's on it. I mean, I don't know what the [:-censored] the world is coming to"

He's said stuff like that so many times, I can just mouth it as he's lecturing me..

Lol, now I just let him call them up, cause he's so good at shouting and arguing we usually get some kinda deal. It's great.

FliesLikeABrick
August 18, 2004, 3:26 am
i have never lost my patience with anyone other than my family before, that was a first

Weed
August 18, 2004, 3:54 am
quote:Originally posted by Hitman
quote:"well, you guys f*cked up again, let me talk to your supervisor so this can be straightened out finally"Rofl, that reminds me so much of my Dad. Everytime he's on the phone with Dell he ends up shouting at them, and asking to talk to the supervisor. After which he lectures me:

"Constantin, you see, these bastards don't know what the [:-censored] they're doing. I mean, it's only until you start shouting at them that these assholes start moving their asses. Sometimes you're lucky and get through to an operator in Ireland, but most of the time you get connected to some [:-censored]ing asshole in India reading some crap off a script, and won't shut up till they're said what's on it. I mean, I don't know what the [:-censored] the world is coming to"

He's said stuff like that so many times, I can just mouth it as he's lecturing me..

Lol, now I just let him call them up, cause he's so good at shouting and arguing we usually get some kinda deal. It's great.

2 words:
Anger managment

FliesLikeABrick
August 18, 2004, 4:11 am
a great quote though... that may show up some future piece of literature i write, be it some satire of something random or just another lame soldat post.
(i'm adjusting to the lack of '-Brick', tis going well though)

AerialAssault
August 18, 2004, 4:34 am
Lawsuit Lawsuit Lawsuit. i dont really know much about law, but couldnt you sue the company?

FliesLikeABrick
August 18, 2004, 5:11 am
i highly doubt this is grounds for a legal battle. The only thing i have against them besides overall suckage is that they made 2 attempts to replace the display, then on the 3rd one they decided it was against their return policy to try and replace a display with under 10 dead pixels... bullsh*t

Captain RibMan
August 18, 2004, 5:44 am
i blame communism

SuperKill
August 18, 2004, 6:16 am
do you guys (american) have some shows that work to stop the corruptness in some buisness places ?
if you do you can address them and show them all the details about the case and they'll take things into a serious matter ;o

Kazuki
August 18, 2004, 6:16 am
Bah, sueing them would be going over the line, and it would make people think you're a selfish little asshole. What can you do? Some people just... weren't meant to be. 'Accidents.'

Hova
August 18, 2004, 6:25 am
Well, I don't live in the US, so my selection is limited. I do get a few people to ship me stuff that I ask them to order on NCIX as well do a pretty good job with customer relations.

Hopefully it will be sorted out soon. Good luck to you.

FliesLikeABrick
August 18, 2004, 12:23 pm
i never considered suing nor any other legal action, thats just the suggestions from other american teens. As for shows, yeah there are some but but 1)I don't like them 2) they have better problems than this to persue and 3) i really don't think its worth the effort of getting their attention.

I should have looked around for a reputation for this site before i went to it:
http://www.resellerratings.com/seller6053-p1-s1-d1.html

Hitman
August 18, 2004, 2:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by Weed
quote:Originally posted by Hitman

2 words:
Anger managment
Boy, I've thought that many a time..