( search forums )
Rocket jumps
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Jaz
August 18, 2004, 1:23 am
I'd like to see no damage to the player when they use m79 to rocket jump. It would add a new feature to the game. I think its a good idea. What about you ?

n00bface
August 18, 2004, 1:49 am
no. just..no.

kevith
August 18, 2004, 2:00 am
... and we should make the barret reload instantly.

karmazonpl
August 18, 2004, 3:08 am
yep, and the players should be invisible

The Geologist
August 18, 2004, 3:31 am
I for one like it...I would love to see every tard with an m79 blasting his way around maps in ways which would have normally ended in suicide. I know shooting explosive rounds at my feet doesn't do any damage in real life, so why should I injure myself when I screw up an m79 jump and cause loads of damage? Good job Jaz. XD

Hitman
August 18, 2004, 3:40 am
Great idea. Sure would gives us a bit more variety, speed hacks just aren't quite the vogue that they used to be..

Deleted User
August 18, 2004, 5:11 am
if there was no damage from the explosion, every tard in soldat would be doing it.

Aquarius
August 18, 2004, 8:26 am
Actually it IS possible to do M79 jump without any damage. The idea is lame.

Unlucky 13
August 18, 2004, 8:30 am
but if I shoot a M79 at my feet in real life, I die! *gasp* i like the invisible idea, heh. I'm whit Aquarius

Liber_Lupus
August 18, 2004, 10:17 am
Yup its already possible to do it without losing health, i really like it, we woudl all boost around and cap all the time, that would be great!

Toumaz
August 18, 2004, 10:28 am
No. NO. NO!

Element_101
August 18, 2004, 10:43 am
Its one of the few disadvantages of probably one of the top three most powerful weapons, take it away and it becomes the new barret.

b00stA
August 18, 2004, 11:00 am
I love the idea, but in a different form:

"8.
A server-side option like Friendly fire:
Your own projectiles, grenades etc. DO NOT hurt yourself.
Maybe automatically turned off in realistic mode."

that's what I sent to Michal some time ago and it'd be great.
Remember, it's a SERVER-SIDE OPTION.
You could do some decent tricks with that.

Aquarius
August 18, 2004, 12:21 pm
I bet now most people will say that they love the idea [:o)]

Element_101
August 18, 2004, 12:28 pm
Oh yeah, b00sta has totally changed my perspective on the idea...

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 18, 2004, 10:38 pm
only a useful option for Race maps mostly...

Hitman
August 18, 2004, 10:45 pm
Actually, after what b00stA said, as long as it's a server side option, I like the idea..

papasurf31
August 18, 2004, 10:48 pm
This idea is amazing! I always wanted another way for some complete n00b who posseses no skill at all to be able to kill much more expoerienced players. Michal answered my prayers with the barret and the community helped by introducing hacks. But this is really what Soldat needed. Thanx, Jaz, you really made my day.

BTW - E-101, what's the last over powered weapon? Barret, M79 and...?

Aquarius
August 18, 2004, 11:32 pm
This idea sucks. Learn how to jump without killing yourself or die. And about B00stA's idea: this sucks too. Tricks easy to do aren't tricks any more. And I don't know what decent tricks are you thinking about B00stA... 20 jumps in a row? Please explain it. Maybe excessive grenade spamming or invulnerable-kamikaze attacks are the tricks?

The Geologist
August 18, 2004, 11:35 pm
Amen to that.

Deleted User
August 19, 2004, 12:23 am
Wow...just read this topic and the sarcasm meter is: OFF THE SCALE

Toni_Cicerelli
August 19, 2004, 2:37 am
We already rocket jump with out huring out selfs. We have rockets on our god daim boot.

Svirin Kerath
August 19, 2004, 11:03 am
lol, Toni. but seriously, i think we've made our point. this has NO chance at all. less than the chance of a frost particle in the hottest levels of hell.

ok, maybe one more quick stab..

"OMG Y3a|-|!!11!! 4W3x0m3 i|)34!! ROLF!! LoL~!!111 l3t's Us3 it cu5 w3'r3 teh n00bs! rofl! LOL!!1"

Element_101
August 19, 2004, 1:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31
This idea is amazing! I always wanted another way for some complete n00b who posseses no skill at all to be able to kill much more expoerienced players. Michal answered my prayers with the barret and the community helped by introducing hacks. But this is really what Soldat needed. Thanx, Jaz, you really made my day.

BTW - E-101, what's the last over powered weapon? Barret, M79 and...?

In my opinion that would have to be the Mp5

Toumaz
August 19, 2004, 2:22 pm
No, that's ruger.

Jaz
August 19, 2004, 2:23 pm

This idea is amazing! I always wanted another way for some complete n00b who posseses no skill at all to be able to kill much more expoerienced players. Thanx, Jaz, you really made my day.

To be able to rocket jump in right direction and far enuff etc can be a skill. And I don't believe it would help kill experienced players.
Thanks papasmurf, youv'e made my day with your insignificant and stupid post. No wait i'm not sad enuff to have my day made by a post on a forum. [:O]

b00stA
August 19, 2004, 2:37 pm
Holy [:-censored].

..and I thought I had problems with new ideas.

Let's remove the sniper line from Soldat.
Realistic mode too, newbies might actually kill someone.

It's a little feature, it's not going to change the whole game. It wouldn't even have to be in the interface, but in Soldat.ini so it would limit the amount of servers.

Pffft..

CHE_guevara
August 19, 2004, 5:20 pm
I just Like This Idea! But It Would't Be So realistic, So....

Aquarius
August 19, 2004, 5:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stA
Let's remove the sniper line from Soldat.
Very good idea.

Realistic mode too, newbies might actually kill someone.
Actually newbies have much more problems in realistic mode than in standard mode.

I AM AGAINST MAKING M79 EVEN MORE LAME THAN IT IS IN Soldat 1.2

b00stA
August 19, 2004, 6:24 pm
It's a little feature, it's not going to change the whole game. It wouldn't even have to be in the interface, but in Soldat.ini so it would limit the amount of servers.

Aquarius
August 19, 2004, 6:44 pm
Maybe it will be possible with weapon editor :P

Mielos
August 19, 2004, 10:49 pm
quote:I bet now most people will say that they love the idea

No kidding 1/5 Or even more Kills are By an M79 , So i learnd by looking at the U13 server stats [URL] . Same for barret , AARRGGHHH It's Actually DOUBLE then the other weaps (except nades duhh) , Hey i started thinking : wouldn't it be to powerfull already?

Btw: Soldat is a GAME not a real life simulation , A good game is not REalistic a good game is balanced .

papasurf31
August 20, 2004, 1:37 pm
Is the mp5 really overpowered? I like the weapon but I think it's low damage and arching bullets kind of make it bad for anything except single player games. IMO - 3rd overpowered weapon these days is the Ruger, especially in realistic.

DON"T YOU DARE REMOVE THAT SNIPER LINE!!!OR REALISTIC!!!THEY"RE THE ONLY REASONS I STILL PLAY SOLDAT NOWADAYS!!!
*sarcasm*

Ahem...To Jaz: Lemme explain this to you in words that I think you'll understand: The whole point of m79/nade/rocket jumps was to allow the player to jump a much higher distance faster at the sacrifice of a little health. Players who cannot perform the timing involved in this and kill themeselves repeatedly don't do the jump because they lack the skill. This makes it so that there is at least a little bit of experience required to perform the jump. If damage was removed, then these jumps would be abused even more than they are now, which is A LOT. Anyways, it already is possible to perform these jumps with out loss of health if the player times the jump extremely well.

Jaz
August 21, 2004, 1:37 am
Don't delete my post, I felt I had to respond to that pish up there.

Oeloe
September 11, 2004, 4:28 pm
Omg such childish reactions.[:-banghead] You all assume that the worst will happen and it will be abused by noobs and lamers; did it occur to you people can make a passworded server and do tricks with people who actually want to do what it's intended for? [:-idea] Making special moves is a skill on it's own and it also helps you in the game, and i'm talking from Quake 3 experience where there is a big community focused on those skills alone. http://www.planetquake.com/defrag

If damage was removed, then these jumps would be abused even more than they are now, which is A LOT. Anyways, it already is possible to perform these jumps with out loss of health if the player times the jump extremely well.
Jaz is talking about an OPTION or game MODE. That doesn't mean that if it would be implemented, every server on the net would suddenly enable that option.[:-sleep]

kevith
September 11, 2004, 5:57 pm
Jaz didn't say it should be an option, that was b00stA's modification of the idea. Making it so that the m79 doesn't do damage to the shooter as a global change to normal games would seriously suck and it would be "abused" by making the weapon even more powerful. I'm not opposed to it being a server side option (turning off all self-damage, e.g. your own nades, law, knife, m79, etc.), but I am very opposed to the idea as a general change to Soldat.

Oeloe
September 12, 2004, 1:58 am
Ok ok, i assumed that he meant that, an option to make an alternative game mode with tricking maps (jetboots disabled and maybe slightly decreased m79 reload time).

Certainly it wouldn't be a good idea to remove self-damage from the normal game types...

Alamo
September 12, 2004, 10:44 am
quote:Originally posted by CHE_guevara
I just Like This Idea! But It Would't Be So realistic, So....

Lol Here We Go Again With The Coolest Writing Style Ever!

ummm... in my opinion this is pointless...

-Claw-
September 14, 2004, 6:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by Aquarius
I AM AGAINST MAKING M79 EVEN MORE LAME THAN IT IS IN Soldat 1.2

ehh...

what about barrett?

i have bin using those and i can say that barret is easier to learn.. but still i like m79 more, it isn't even so lame cos it really need skill to calculate the way of nade from anamy speed, ur own speed m79 aima angle.. but it coulld be mote slower.. whatever ^^
E: oops my quote sucked 8(

DeMonIc
September 14, 2004, 6:57 pm
Like, omg...
/pause

quote:Originally posted by Hitman in General Discussions
Locked.

DT
September 15, 2004, 3:35 pm
I love the idea, but in a different form:

"8.
A server-side option like Friendly fire:
Your own projectiles, grenades etc. DO NOT hurt yourself.
Maybe automatically turned off in realistic mode."

that's what I sent to Michal some time ago and it'd be great.
Remember, it's a SERVER-SIDE OPTION.
You could do some decent tricks with that.

yea i'm with you on own projectiles not hurting you[^] but keep the sniper line...