( search forums )
Evul fly!
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
grand_diablo
August 18, 2004, 3:56 pm
Today, when I stumbled into my bed at 5.30 am, ready for some intense and relaxing sleep, I had no idea what nightmare was going to haunt me for one more hour.

Just before I fell apart into the sweet land of dreams, a beasty, fat insect decided to land in my face. And woke me up - of course. After I failed to kill the little [:-censored] in the dark, it didnt decide to land somewhere and keep quiet. No, it f*cken flew around for 10 minutes, regularly colliding with the wall or the window. No sleep for me.

So I switched the light on, and tried to make it fly outta my room or the window. It seemed as if it had decided to stay, at least it never was able to fly throgh the open door our out of the house.

After again 10 minutes of senseless fly chasing, I searched for the insect spray, and finally found it 5 mins later.
Well, try to spray a fly that doesnt even keep sitting somewhere for at least one single second. I was close to go sleeping into the living room, when the evil little fly took a hard dive against the window and went KO for a short moment. Harrr - sprayed you, bi0tch!

The last time I attacked a bee with that spray, it died about one minute later. But not this fly. Like mad, it kept on flying for again 10 minutes, when it went down for the first time. I thought it was dead, and wanted to throw it into the dustbin, but right before I picked it up, it started moving its wings again, drawing some circles on the floor, taking off again. Not again. This time it flew straight through a cloud of insecticide, but wasnt really impressed by that. Must have been about another 10 minutes, till this crazy fight was ended, what would have been a deadly polygon in Soldat.
The idiotic insectoid creature flew directly into my bedlamp (aaaah, liiight), but couldnt get out again for some reason. 1 Minute later, the lamp received one frag, freeing me from the most annoying creature ive met for a longer time.

Unbelievable, how this dirty, little, flying bitches can ruin someones sleep.

Im tired [}:)]

Deleted User
August 18, 2004, 4:01 pm
Graphical smileys are lame. >:(

karmazonpl
August 18, 2004, 4:14 pm
[IMAGE]

Liber_Lupus
August 18, 2004, 4:22 pm
I have to kill 3 bees and at least 1 fly in a day...bees are not so hard to kill but those flys are the same you described.

b00stA
August 18, 2004, 4:50 pm
I once had ants crossing my bed.. made me sleep in the living room that night. The complete "road" got sprayed.. 10 seconds and they stopped moving.

oh and I don't have arachnophobia, but I don't really like spiders either. That's where my airsoft gets introduced.

wormdundee
August 18, 2004, 5:08 pm
i once had an ant colony take up residence in the downstairs of my house in a wall

out comes the Raid, and man that stuff is some badass [:-censored]
those ants died on contact with it, you just spray em and they start falling all over the place

Melba
August 18, 2004, 5:45 pm
it's summer get used to it.
i've had a couple of nights like that too this summer :/

Weed
August 18, 2004, 6:18 pm
same happened to me with a giant coackroach...
the nasty mother fuker decided to make a picnic inside my mouth while i was sleeping, it woke me up, i grabbed my shoe, and smashed it in mid air before it could call reinforcements. once i also had a small scorpion crawling inside my sleeping sack on a camping expedition...

Noobile
August 19, 2004, 4:28 am
Ant's don't much like common hair spray either.... it's kinda funny to spray em with it, and they stick to whatever surface ( I usually light the leftovers on fire, but thats me, don't do it yourself, unless you're willing to light your house on fire...).

DannyLB
August 19, 2004, 4:59 am
LOL that was a funny story grand_diablo

peemonkey
August 19, 2004, 5:09 am
*only really reads first post*
sounds like yer a pu55y and a neatfreak, grand. you were 'attacked' by a FLY, and was worried about not bveing able to put the corpse in a dust bin? dude, get off the comp and go play rugby or whatever the kids do nowadays. holy [:-censored] dude.

The Geologist
August 19, 2004, 5:49 am
I actually agree with the peemonkey...while I know your pain (I get plenty of annoying flies in my own place), I get up and kill them..it takes a while, but the splat is too good to deny. lmao...I love the posted pic. How apt.

peemonkey
August 19, 2004, 6:29 am
incesticide is for pu55ies. newspaper or something hard-but not so hard as to be able to put through a wall- is the best way to take out little creatures like that. or just get yer mommy to buy you a bugnet. XDXDXDXD
\/|\XD
/\|/XD

Deleted User
August 19, 2004, 10:18 am
I have a splat on the ceiling of my room from where spider met BB gun.

peemonkey
August 19, 2004, 11:36 am
lol! if i had a bb gun, i'd prolly use it for that. i always thought they were too weak when i got my shotguns :D

grand_diablo
August 19, 2004, 11:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by peemonkey
*only really reads first post*
sounds like yer a pu55y and a neatfreak, grand. you were 'attacked' by a FLY, and was worried about not bveing able to put the corpse in a dust bin? dude, get off the comp and go play rugby or whatever the kids do nowadays. holy [:-censored] dude.

Err I would not have had any problem with putting the corpse into the dustbin, but that beast was still alive and managed to get away before I could finally kill it.

Normally I manage to kill a fly without insecticide quite fast, but not at 5 am. And yay, that must have been a special fly, for keeping me get rid of it for an hour. We do have a bugnet at the terrace and balcony entrance. But getting them onto the windows is quite complicated here, due to the way theyre built.

I should try to find my softair gun, I used to be pr0 in shooting nasty insects with it some years ago xD (

peemonkey
August 20, 2004, 12:22 am
so if you killed it, you'd throw it away; yer family does have bugnets: you are a whiney little tool? damn dude, in your own words too :/

XD is mine.....XD

Hitman
August 20, 2004, 1:24 am
I hate mosquitoes. I [:-censored]ing hate the bastards!

BuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZ!!!!...Zzzzzzzz...
...Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Argh!

When I hear them, I just turn my light on, sit in my bed and watch for them, and when I see them, I squish them!

peemonkey
August 20, 2004, 3:17 am
mosquitoes dont mess with me cuz i got a bleeding disease. i'd bleed too fast and drown the [:-censored]ers.

grand_diablo
August 20, 2004, 3:37 am
so if you killed it, you'd throw it away; yer family does have bugnets: you are a whiney little tool? damn dude, in your own words too :/

XD is mine.....XD

The correct order is

- Reading
- Thinking
- Posting

I wont complain about any 08/15 fly on my window, that I can kill easily. But this one was special. Fat, loud and still fast. Damn annoying cause it never sat down anywhere for more than one second. And it resisted inseciticide that usually kills other flies in one minute.
Cause I dont want my room to get dusty, hot and ugly smelling, i open the window halfway to get some fresh air in. Well, and when the lights are on in the night, some friggin lil insects make it in. One of them must have been this fly.

Anyways, problem solved so far, the fly is dead since two nights ago and I can sleep well now. And I found my softair gun. Needs to be repaired though.

peemonkey
August 20, 2004, 5:08 am
how does that have to do with anything you quoted? just cuz it's fat, you'd have to throw the body away? sounds like you one of them 'soft' boys....

grand_diablo
August 20, 2004, 2:46 pm
how does that have to do with anything you quoted? just cuz it's fat, you'd have to throw the body away? sounds like you one of them 'soft' boys....

Err what else am I supposed to do with a fly corpse?

- Let it lie there till someone steps on it. Not really.
- Get the vacuum cleaner. Not at 5 am, when I would wake everyone up with it.
- Eat it? Phhhhh, monkeys... [xx(] [:D]

Deleted User
August 20, 2004, 2:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by grand_diablo

Err what else am I supposed to do with a fly corpse?

- Let it lie there till someone steps on it. Not really.
- Get the vacuum cleaner. Not at 5 am, when I would wake everyone up with it.
- Eat it? Phhhhh, monkeys... [xx(] [:D]

You are supposed to squash it. Or let it be there or is it really that disgusting? xD