( search forums )
New banning system
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
frogboy
August 19, 2004, 10:17 am
How about some sort of email verification system, where one can ban by email address, which automatically bans anyone on that IP. It would help with banning people who have dynamic IPs.

Element_101
August 19, 2004, 10:30 am
This could be exploited hardcore!

The Geologist
August 19, 2004, 10:40 am
I agree..ban those people who warrent a banning on a certain server during a certain game. As much as I utterly hate people using hacks, etc, blacklisting of this sort isn't needed. If any idea of this nature were to me implimented, I'd rather go for the other banning idea which was recently suggested...no email needed..

palloco
August 19, 2004, 5:42 pm
I dont get it, emails in soldat? IS not that the same than the impossible account system?

Snowden
August 21, 2004, 5:20 am
Banning e-mails/IDs is useful for something like Steam. You have to buy the game to get a Steam ID, so if your Steam ID gets banned, you're screwed. You don't have to pay to play Soldat though, and creating new emails isn't that hard, so this is pretty pointless.

-Claw-
August 22, 2004, 1:25 am
hmm..

think about game ID's... when you install Soldat, it makes unique ID from upper and lower case letters and numbers.. if your ID gets banned, thats it.. no can do...

and if you are playing with 2 ID's from 1 IP address, ur banned for some time from both ID's..

if your ID is already in use, Soldat makes new ID..

any sense?

SigHunter
August 22, 2004, 10:52 am
good point, but i think this wouldnt work and would cause much traffic for michal, and u would need a page or programm like steam as platform to verrify the mailacc

-Claw-
August 22, 2004, 12:47 pm
yep, traffic is bad point.

if Soldat could have its own ID number server that would be great..

i think this is only way to solve those modem cheaters, they cannot get banned by ip because they can chage it by reconnecting to internet :(